Can you sing along?

Going to a concert without any setlist knowledge, what % of the songs will you be able to sing/play along with?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Going to a concert without any setlist knowledge, what % of the songs will you be able to sing/play along with?

• 100% - I know every song, and they could throw anything at me
    • 90%
    • 80%
    • 70%
    • 60%
    • 50% - I know the popular ones, but don't know much else
    • 40%
    • 30%
    • 20%
    • 10%
    • 0% - who is Rush??

Almost voted 100% but the last couple of "new album" tours I wasn't fully confident in the VT lyrics or S&A lyrics to all tunes (so voted 90%). Every tour before that, I could be spot on.

However, I typically don't sing along. I'm too busy playing air guitar. (which I can nail to perfection every time). In fact, I've already learned Headlong Flight on air guitar. laugh.gif

Edited by apetersvt

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Apr 26 2012, 09:30 PM)
Almost voted 100% but the last couple of "new album" tours I wasn't fully confident in the VT lyrics or S&A lyrics to all tunes (so voted 90%). Every tour before that, I could be spot on.

However, I typically don't sing along. I'm too busy playing air guitar. (which I can nail to perfection every time). In fact, I've already learned Headlong Flight on air guitar. laugh.gif

That is awesome!

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 26 2012, 08:32 PM)
Almost voted 100% but the last couple of "new album" tours I wasn't fully confident in the VT lyrics or S&A lyrics to all tunes (so voted 90%).  Every tour before that, I could be spot on.

However, I typically don't sing along.  I'm too busy playing air guitar. (which I can nail to perfection every time).  In fact, I've already learned Headlong Flight on air guitar. laugh.gif

That is awesome!

Totally awesome! That song is hard.

I said 100%, because I know the majority of the words to all their songs, but I'll still screw up some lyrics here and there. But hey, even Geddy does it once in a while, and with the show so loud, no one will hear me mess up cool.gif

I'll go with 90% - I'm not 100% into 'S&A' and 'Vapor Trails' and as someone earlier mentioned I'm often too busy with shredding air guitar, hitting air without sticks and of course slappin' the air bass.

I was quick to pick 100%, but I probably should've said 90%.

I know pretty well everything there is to know...but there are some songs that I've gone quite long without listening to, so it's possible I would slip on a few lyrics here and there.

But yeah, I'd say 90-95% overall. I'll make it 100% before my October show! 1287.gif

90% Because S&A blows and those songs are not worth my time learning biggrin.gif

90%.

I know the back catalog 100%, but I won't completely know all of the new material by showtime.

Anything they would play live I know by heart. If they choose one of those songs for the tour, then I will know that song for the concert.

I said 90%, though it'll probably be 100%. Like others stated, I'm always too busy air drumming, guitaring and bassing to really care about singing biggrin.gif. So, unless they throw in Dog Years (lol) or something else I'm not extremely familiar with, probably 100%

I sang along to my favorites that I knew- such as "Limelight", "Freewill", and "Closer to the Heart".

There were some new ones that were brand new to me.

Curiously, it was at the Time Machine concert when I found out the true lyrics to "Tom Sawyer"!!! Previously I had misheard some lines as "Monday Morning" and "No worries".

QUOTE (IChoseFreeWill @ Apr 27 2012, 06:33 PM)
I sang along to my favorites that I knew- such as "Limelight", "Freewill", and "Closer to the Heart".

Curiously, it was at the Time Machine concert when I found out the true lyrics to "Tom Sawyer"!!! Previously I had misheard some lines as "Monday Morning" and "No worries".

"riding out the day's events.. NO WORRIES!!"

I guess it kinda fits tongue.gif

I went with 90 percent. There might be a few new songs they play that I might not know all the words to by show time or might not even like at all. There's a few rare songs they might bust out that I may need a refresher on to. Like Faithless, I never spent much time listening to it before they played it last tour.

I sing along with just about everything. To the annoyance of the guy infront I'm sure. Anyway the only song I wouldn't know by heart would be anything new. However, sicne CA will be out at least 4 months prior to RUSh showing up, I think I'd be annoying that unfortunate guy for the entire show!

rage.gif

THIS....The classics are burned in memory

I'm a huge lyrics fans, they make up a large part of my like or dislike of a song. Voted 100% and I can comfortably say that anything they play live, I know by heart.

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Apr 27 2012, 08:23 PM)
QUOTE (IChoseFreeWill @ Apr 27 2012, 06:33 PM)

"riding out the day's events.. NO WORRIES!!"

I guess it kinda fits tongue.gif

Actually, what I misheard as "No worries" was "The world is".

Which still does not compare to mishearing "A Modern Day Warrior" as "Monday Morning".

Again, please remember English is not my first language.

I'm pretty good at remembering things, I'll probably be able to do all of them.

That said, I don't like the sound of my own voice, so I don't sing along, unless I all alone and somewhat out of my mind.

I've already got Headlong Flight down, though it did take a bit longer than usual. I've got 5 months between the release of CA and the Buffalo show (bought my ticket today), I should be set, unless they make Dog Years part 2.

I'll go with 90%.

Edited by Chrysalii