The way the wind blows

Yokkov

If a few songs from Snakes and Arrows were played next tour, what you want them to be?

The Way the Wind Blows is by far my favorate song on S&A, and I actually genually hope that they play this one again!

What with all the kinda-trash talking of Snakes and Arrows with Clockwork Angels coming out soon, I was just wondering what everybody else would wanna hear live the most from that album...

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 26 2012, 09:08 PM)
Far Cry, MalNar, The Way the Wind Blows, Faithless, Hope and/or Main Monkey Business.

Cue the haters in 3... 2... 1...

Any of those work for me, hoping its just 1 or 2, because I love hearing a little from everything

Workin' Them Angels and Armor and Sword.

I like most of the stuff on Snakes & Arrows, and almost any of the songs would be fine with me. I'm actually not a big Far Cry fan though, and unfortunately, that might well be the only one they play.

I like Far Cry a lot and i've got a feeling that of the newer Rush songs that one has the best chance of becoming a live staple for them. If I had a vote I would go with Armor & Sword and The Way The Wind Blows since those are my two favorites on S&A.

They've identified The Way the Wind Blows as one of their favorites, so I hope they stick with that, but I agree we'll probably hear Far Cry again. If it has to be Far Cry, can we do without the thunderous cannon shot or whatever it is on the live performances of the song? It kind of cheapens the song to resort to tricks to get the crowd into it.

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Apr 26 2012, 09:48 PM)
We Hold On! That would have great energy live. Love Larger Bowl, but I dunno about live. Maybe Spindrift or Hope? I love Far Cry, but I'd like to hear something I haven't before.

Yeah, I know!! This song never seems to get any credit sad.gif....

It's a great song and I think people would love the lyrics and theme now because well rush is putting out a new album after some 38 years!! Thats more than barely holding on to me!! bacon.gif

I'd love to hear MalNar. TMMB would be cool too. Don't really care if anything else gets played live, though I'm guessing we'll hear Far Cry....

Honestly, playing "We Hold On" in the encore would be an awesome sign that they are no where near being done, I'd love to see that.

That being said, anything off snakes and arrows would be fine with me, I'd love to hear Armor and Sword again, and Faithless.

I think we'll only get 3 songs off S & A: Far Cry, The Way the Wind Blows, and either MalNar or The Main Monkey Business. As they should, they're going to devote much of the gig to CA.

I think the instrumentals are the most enjoyable songs off S & A but I think The Way the Wind Blows is the best song with vocals on that album.

I think they play 2 songs max.

Far Cry

The Way The Wind Blows or Armor and Sword

About the only one that's "played out" to me is Far Cry...they can play the rest of the album as far as I'm concerned!

I LOVE Armour and Sword, and The Way the Wind Blows! They can play that every tour from now on...

Larger Bowl is great...

The instrumentals are great...

Etc....

Oh God NO...............Please . Did you not get your fill on the last 2 tours ? So many great songs they have not played in Decades and you want S&A songs ? Songs you have heard on the LAST 2 TOURS ? comp26.gif to you and your S&A songs 1287.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 27 2012, 11:11 AM)
Oh God NO...............Please . Did you not get your fill on the last 2 tours ? So many great songs they have not played in Decades and you want S&A songs ? Songs you have heard on the LAST 2 TOURS ? comp26.gif to you and your S&A songs 1287.gif

Do you make that same argument for Tom Sawyer? You know, the "song you've heard on the LAST 20 TOURS?" biggrin.gif

(I'm too lazy to count the tours. It's been a lot. Feels like 20 wink.gif)

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 27 2012, 12:14 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 27 2012, 11:11 AM)
Oh    God    NO...............Please . Did you not get your fill on the last 2 tours ? So many great songs they have not played in Decades and you want S&A songs ? Songs you have heard on the LAST 2 TOURS ?  comp26.gif  to you and your S&A songs  1287.gif

Do you make that same argument for Tom Sawyer? You know, the "song you've heard on the LAST 20 TOURS?" biggrin.gif

(I'm too lazy to count the tours. It's been a lot. Feels like 20 wink.gif)

Believe me , if they did not play TS i would not care at all. It is prob their most popular tune [or one of them] from their most popular album so i get it. The song was a hit , can't say that about S&A biggrin.gif