http://www.rushpetition.com/

Running Rebel

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere.

With the "Clockwork Angels" tour confirmed for this fall, here we go again. In the interest of encouraging the band to pull some choice rarities out of the vault, the song list (below) is limited to songs that Rush has not played live since the Presto tour (1990). We are also following our tradition of not including songs from the new/forthcoming studio album (we're sure the band will cover that ground just fine!). As in the past, each person gets to select FIVE songs from the list below and submit their votes, with each individual being allowed to cast one "ballot". No guarantees, of course, but with any luck the band will keep an eye on the results and take the results into some degree of consideration. (We'll certainly be letting Anthem/SRO know the site is up and running again).

Please help spread the word about this page, and let's get some votes going. Also, please follow/like us on Facebook:

Pick five and post them if you like.

Top twenty currently

Song Title Number of Votes Popularity

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jacob's Ladder 1664 38.2%

Hemispheres 1048 24.1%

Middletown Dreams 798 18.3%

A Farewell To Kings 732 16.8%

The Weapon 647 14.9%

Fly By Night 626 14.4%

Kid Gloves 607 13.9%

The Enemy Within 579 13.3%

Vapor Trail 538 12.4%

Manhattan Project 479 11.0%

Cut To The Chase 474 10.9%

Afterimage 467 10.7%

Something For Nothing 464 10.7%

Countdown 421 9.7%

Prime Mover 416 9.6%

Bastille Day 412 9.5%

Territories 405 9.3%

Beneath, Between & Behind 394 9.1%

Available Light 391 9.0%

The Necromancer 377 8.7%

Five I picked.

Edited by Running Rebel

Screw these guys, RUSH haven't played Xanadu in entirety in over 20 years, yet it's not on their list! If the boys even do look at this they'd probably think "Oh shit, we were planning on doing Xanadu but the fans don't want that. I guess."

Simply not a risk I'm willing to take. It should be a more comprehensive and current list, although I would love to hear Jacob's Ladder.

2.gif ph34r.gif 2.gif

I voted for Kid Gloves, Territories, Prime Mover, Losing It, Enemy Within. I would like any of the forgotten tracks from the 80s albums. But Hemispheres in its entirety would be fantastic, too. I wanted to vote for a top 15!

If they did the whole Signals album in its entirety-- like MP on the TM tour-- I would be amazed. That rumor was out there when artwork from the tour book-- showing a dalmatian-- leaked to the internet earlier. Any news or updates whether this is happening? I'd love to hear the whole Signals album played on the upcoming tour but I wonder whether it can be done if they are also promoting the new songs.

I voted:

A Farewell To Kings

Territories

War Paint

Totem

We Hold On

I would absolutely love for any these songs to make an appearance on the setlist. AFTK is a classic, Territories is an excellent 80's tune from them, War Paint is underrated, and IMO the versions i've heard live are great, Totem is an interesting 90's tune, and We Hold On would be an excellent second half closer.

Cut To The Chase would be awesome.

I like all the other suggestions in one way or another.

JL I adore, but thats a long song, theyd have to really want to play it. The Weapon would be great too.

This would all work out if theyd agree to play 5 hours an evening.

I voted the current top 4 songs (Jacob's Ladder, Hemispheres, Middletown Dreams, and A Farewell To Kings) plus Chemistry. The first 4 were no brainers for me but I had a bit of a difficult time picking between Chemistry, The Weapon, and Countdown. But then I would've also wanted to include those plus Prime Mover, Cut To The Chase, Grand Designs, Kid Gloves, and Emotion Detector as well. It would've been easier for me to pick 10-12 songs instead of 5.

I picked

The Body Electric

Kid Gloves

Grand Designs

Middletown Dreams

Vapor Trail

If they play ONE of those songs live I'll be beyond ecstatic!

It's great to see Kid Gloves and Vapor Trail in particular are so high in the vote... two of my favorite Rush tunes to be sure! 2.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 26 2012, 05:17 PM)
Screw these guys, RUSH haven't played Xanadu in entirety in over 20 years, yet it's not on their list! If the boys even do look at this they'd probably think "Oh shit, we were planning on doing Xanadu but the fans don't want that. I guess."

Simply not a risk I'm willing to take. It should be a more comprehensive and current list, although I would love to hear Jacob's Ladder.

2.gif ph34r.gif 2.gif

Totaly with you on Xanadu... I would pay alot of cash to hear that tune.

Maybe throwing a couple bills attached with a rubber band around a rock on the stage with a "please play xanadu for us" note on it, they will get the hint.

However, I know its not that easy

My Five:

Jacobs Ladder

Kid Gloves

Middletown Dreams

Lock and Key

Cut to the Chase

I would have voted for Hemispheres, but I really don't think that has a chance in Hell of ever getting played live again.

no.gif

- The Weapon

- The Enemy Within

- Middletown Dreams

- Prime Mover

- Cold Fire

All are very realistic given Geddy's range (although a few spots in Middletown Dreams may provide a big challenge).

I would like to hear Something for Nothing, Twilight Zone, Different Strings and Hemispheres (stuff prior to Moving Pictures), but besides Different Strings, none of them are possible given Geddy's range and doubt they'll ever do Different Strings. That was more of an album-type only song, but who knows?

Many others in the mid-late 80s and 90s I'd like to hear, but you can only see so much.

Seeing The Enemy Within and Middletown Dreams alone is worth admission. smile.gif

Middletown Dreams, Jacobs Ladder, Prime Mover, Lock & Key, The Enemy Within.