Where will CA chart on Billboard ?

metaldad

Yes , they are your fav band and yes they are putting out a Great [we hope] album. Where do you see it charting ? Do you really think it's going to number 1 ? Here are the people that are putting albums out on June 12th

Rush

Lit

Usher

Metric

Jukebox The Ghost

Miss May

Without knowing who will be on the charts already by then, i will say Rush will come in 3rd. What say you ?

Edited by metaldad

Well, my first impression is "Who the hell are all those people?" but then after reminding myself of who the top ten selling rock bands were last year I realize that those you listed may be some of the most popular bands in the world right now. So, I just have no idea. I think I'm too old and out of touch with pop culture to have an opinion. laugh.gif

QUOTE (druid13 @ Apr 26 2012, 02:47 PM)
you can't leave out Justin Beiber....

a million 13 year old girls will buy that crap right up.

This is a list of album only coming out on the 12th , but i hear you laugh.gif

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Apr 26 2012, 02:47 PM)
Well, my first impression is "Who the hell are all those people?" but then after reminding myself of who the top ten selling rock bands were last year I realize that those you listed may be some of the most popular bands in the world right now. So, I just have no idea. I think I'm too old and out of touch with pop culture to have an opinion. laugh.gif

Yep, i knew 2 of them biggrin.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 26 2012, 02:48 PM)
QUOTE (druid13 @ Apr 26 2012, 02:47 PM)
you can't leave out Justin Beiber....

a million 13 year old girls will buy that crap right up.

This is a list of album only coming out on the 12th , but i hear you laugh.gif

Ah gotcha.....

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 26 2012, 12:44 PM)
Yes , they are your fav band and yes they are putting out a Great [we hope] album. Where do you see it charting ? Do you really think it's going to number 1 ? Here are the people that are putting albums out on June 12th

Rush
Lit
Usher
Metric
Jukebox The Ghost
Miss May

Without knowing who will be on the charts already by then, i will say Rush will come in 3rd. What say you ?

Anytime I've ever heard anything by Usher I've been completely mystified by what makes anyone care about his music in the slightest, but God knows he'll probably snag #1. Ah, the irony of Usher being a virtual anagram for Rush! rage.gif

All their albums post-Presto have been in the top 5 (except VT which was 6), so it should be somewhere in the top 5 (I'll guess #3 as well) before it quickly nosedives in a headlong flight off the chart. wink.gif

Here's the thing, I need to know who else is releasing stuff in the weeks beforehand too because an album that's weeks old might still be selling more than the any of the new ones that week. If Bieber and Lady Gaga and Adele and whoever else releases music right before that then they'll all bury Rush. Or do these things only count new releases? I don't think they do otherwise bands wouldn't have long-running #1 albums. Edited by snowdog2112

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Apr 26 2012, 02:51 PM)
Here's the thing, I need to know who else is releasing stuff in the weeks beforehand too because an album that's weeks old might still be selling more than the any of the new ones that week.

Beiber

Smashing Pumpkins

Maroon 5

Linkin Park

50 Cent

Rush is Dead in the water laugh.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 26 2012, 02:44 PM)

Rush
Lit
Usher
Metric
Jukebox The Ghost
Miss May

I agree. 3rd.

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Apr 26 2012, 02:59 PM)
QUOTE (druid13 @ Apr 26 2012, 01:57 PM)
I simply cannot believe "Lit" is still in existance......

I never knew "Lit" was in existence. laugh.gif

consider yourself blessed.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 26 2012, 01:54 PM)
QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Apr 26 2012, 02:51 PM)
Here's the thing, I need to know who else is releasing stuff in the weeks beforehand too because an album that's weeks old might still be selling more than the any of the new ones that week.

Beiber

Smashing Pumpkins

Maroon 5

Linkin Park

50 Cent

Rush is Dead in the water laugh.gif

Pretty much. laugh.gif

If that's how it works, I just simply don't know. If it's only for new releases that week I'd guess #2 behind Usher but if it's all sales rankings regardless of when they're released Rush will be much lower. That's why I don't place a lot of stock in this, it's all so relative. Having a #1 album one week might have only gotten you 5th if it was released a week before or after. I'm more curious about the actual sales number. S&A sold 93,000 the first week. I think it'll be a stretch to reach that, not because of any difference in the music but just because sales are going down so much overall.

When I see all these CA threads I keep thinking: "another thread about California??" wacko.gif Will California chart? Will California bring in new fans? Will California fall into the ocean?

I'm not even American either... wacko.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 26 2012, 03:28 PM)
When I see all these CA threads I keep thinking: "another thread about California??" wacko.gif Will California chart? Will California bring in new fans? Will California fall into the ocean?

I'm not even American either... wacko.gif

Don't you have a Poll to start somewhere ? 1287.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 26 2012, 03:42 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 26 2012, 03:28 PM)
When I see all these CA threads I keep thinking: "another thread about California??"  wacko.gif  Will California chart? Will California bring in new fans? Will California fall into the ocean?

I'm not even American either...  wacko.gif

Don't you have a Poll to start somewhere ? 1287.gif

I have one, but I'm not starting it today...

wink.gif