clockwork angels june 8th

aaronrusso

One monster stadium show in Sydney. Sure the entire continent would have to travel to see it, but it would be worth their effort.

We need to throw Australia a bone after all this time. The toured South America last time. Take care of Australia this time, and then hit Africa next time.

Conquering the world, one continent at a time.

1287.gif

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (robertjames1971 @ May 4 2012, 11:30 AM)
One monster stadium show in Sydney. Sure the entire continent would have to travel to see it, but it would be worth their effort.

We need to throw Australia a bone after all this time. The toured South America last time. Take care of Australia this time, and then hit Africa next time.

1287.gif

I can't wait for the Antarctica tour!

QUOTE (Merely Space @ May 4 2012, 11:56 AM)
QUOTE (robertjames1971 @ May 4 2012, 11:30 AM)
One monster stadium show in Sydney.  Sure the entire continent would have to travel to see it, but it would be worth their effort.

We need to throw Australia a bone after all this time.  The toured South America last time.  Take care of Australia this time, and then hit Africa next time.

1287.gif

I can't wait for the Antarctica tour!

Oh boy!

For a moment I got excited.Here in Tasmanina an advert started,"All the way from Canada..........Rod Last", a Rod Stewart impersonator. Damn.

QUOTE (tas7 @ May 5 2012, 12:57 AM)
For a moment I got excited.Here in Tasmanina an advert started,"All the way from Canada..........Rod Last", a Rod Stewart impersonator. Damn.

That's cruel as!

One day we will get Rush, One day.....

The population of Sao Paulo is pretty close to being half the population of ALL of Oz. Hell, I'd guess that it's about as populated as Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane combined. Unfortunately, I just don't see the Oz numbers being there for Rush (unless they combined it with some Asian stops).

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ May 5 2012, 06:17 AM)
There's enough dedicated fans.. it would sell out. Bragging rights and all, ya know? Can you imagine putting Antarctica in your signature???  cool.gif

And of course "VIP Nation" will offer VIP packages. Travel costs included (jet ski across the ocean, fuel not included) and you're guaranteed a seat somewhere between front row and the polar bear death pit.

Sorry, I have to let you down. Polar bears don't live in Antarctica no.gif wink.gif

i was just thinking some of the amphitheaters they play in the US are pretty small, if they were to do an asian tour and wanted to do a few australian dates they could easily sell out sidney myer music bowl, its small enough to sell out but big enough to fit their production, many artists have played there, metallica, rhcp and most recently lenny kravitz

just an idea

Edited by aaronrusso

Given the logistics I would guess that selling out a few US sized amphitheaters isn't goin to cut it. They would have to have a few Brazil '02 sized sell outs... And even then that might not be enough.

I'm rooting for you guys though. They are playing two shows within 30 minutes of my house. Karma dictates that I should root for some Australian gigs to share the wealth.

QUOTE (robertjames1971 @ May 4 2012, 09:17 PM)
How much of a stretch is it? They are Canadian after all. They could play both poles.

heheheheh... He said "Poles!" heheheheh

QUOTE (robertjames1971 @ May 5 2012, 02:04 PM)
Given the logistics I would guess that selling out a few US sized amphitheaters isn't goin to cut it. They would have to have a few Brazil '02 sized sell outs... And even then that might not be enough.

I'm rooting for you guys though. They are playing two shows within 30 minutes of my house. Karma dictates that I should root for some Australian gigs to share the wealth.

You're a good man, we need all the help and good wishes we can get

One day hopefully our time will come smile.gif

Thanks for all the Rush fans that are promoting the need for a Rush Austraian Tour this time round! smile.gif

Its funny that in Melbourne, the biggest most followed radio station 3AW plays the start of Rush's 'Beneath, Between & Behind' as an intro to a segment every morning which like 1 million people hear! I love listening to it every morning i can smile.gif

Hope Rush come down under, it will be such a huge moment for not only the fans but for them also!

2.gif

QUOTE (Mollynas @ May 7 2012, 02:10 PM)
Thanks for all the Rush fans that are promoting the need for a Rush Austraian Tour this time round! smile.gif
Its funny that in Melbourne, the biggest most followed radio station 3AW plays the start of Rush's 'Beneath, Between & Behind' as an intro to a segment every morning which like 1 million people hear! I love listening to it every morning i can smile.gif
Hope Rush come down under, it will be such a huge moment for not only the fans but for them also!
2.gif

It would certainly be a huge night for me that's for sure. I keep hoping that I will read that they will play here on each tour but you never know . 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (different strings @ May 7 2012, 08:25 PM)
QUOTE (Mollynas @ May 7 2012, 02:10 PM)
2.gif

It would certainly be a huge night for me that's for sure. I keep hoping that I will read that they will play here on each tour but you never know . 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

yo ds bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (Mollynas @ May 6 2012, 10:10 PM)
2.gif

right on!

I don't know what its like on the east coast but there are a few Canadians here in WA with the mining boom. I reckon we could pull enough numbers for at least two shows in Oz and one in Auckland. I imagine there would be a few closet Rush fans and musicians in attendence.

If this is true then the band either doesn't get how piracy works or flat out doesn't care. Staggered releases of ANYTHING triggers a massive rise in piracy of that product.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ May 9 2012, 10:36 AM)
If this is true then the band either doesn't get how piracy works or flat out doesn't care. Staggered releases of ANYTHING triggers a massive rise in piracy of that product.

The whole world will hear it on June 8th. I have no problem with this trink38.gif

QUOTE (aaronrusso @ Apr 25 2012, 12:39 PM)
QUOTE (tas7 @ Apr 24 2012, 11:36 PM)
Fortunately for me, here in Tasmania the giys in JB Hifi are avid Rush fans so they tend to get a few copies of things as they are released.

a few of the people at the jb near me now know me by name and always expect me to be ordering something by rush or devin townsend, so ive already warned them ill be preordering soon smile.gif

I went down to my local JB's today - but CA isn't on their pre-order list yet!

I'm in Bargara QLD and it seems to be mainly C&W bollocks no sign of another Rush fan let alone Rock fan around here... ph34r.gif I'd imagine Brisbane down the road might have a few fans as it has a thriving Alternative/Prog scene (well a few decent bands), anyway nice to hear from fellow ex pats/Aussies representing from all corners of the country and keeping the Rush flame burning..I've got the fan pack arriving from the UK so should get it around 2013 sometime laugh.gif trink39.gif