For what its worth

Nuts&Bolts

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt it! I would love it, but I don't think 2.gif can go back to having shows with opening acts. They have way too much material and the fans basically expect a 2 & 1/2 to 3 hour show now! It's been and will continue to be An Evening with 2.gif since they began with the Test For Echo Tour! Edited by losingit2k

Dream theatre eats a fat dick. If they toured with Rush I would skip out on any of the shows. I'd do anything to see Rush, but not if the integrity of the show becomes compromised by a wailing fatsack and a chuggachuggachugga weedlyweedlyweedly heavy metal guitarist.

Didnt think it was true, was just asking if anyone else heard this. Not to dismiss DT, but who would or could open for Rush, last time I saw anyone open for them was Candlebox, Countrparts tour.

Seattle-based rockers Candlebox were guests on the syndicated radio talk show Bubba the Love Sponge this past Friday. You may recall that Candlebox opened several dates for Rush 15 years ago back on the Counterparts tour. At one point in the interview the band were asked who was the coolest band they ever toured with. Here's how they answered:

Rush. The coolest mofos in the world. ... They gave us everything. I mean they were really cool - we used to play wiffle ball with Geddy ...

QUOTE (Nuts&Bolts @ Apr 24 2012, 09:16 PM)
Didnt think it was true, was just asking if anyone else heard this. Not to dismiss DT, but who would or could open for Rush, last time I saw anyone open for them was Candlebox, Countrparts tour.

Seattle-based rockers Candlebox were guests on the syndicated radio talk show Bubba the Love Sponge this past Friday. You may recall that Candlebox opened several dates for Rush 15 years ago back on the Counterparts tour. At one point in the interview the band were asked who was the coolest band they ever toured with. Here's how they answered:

Rush. The coolest mofos in the world. ... They gave us everything. I mean they were really cool - we used to play wiffle ball with Geddy ...

Awesome. If I ever meet Ged, I'm gonna invite him to my wif field!

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Apr 24 2012, 09:29 PM)
QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Apr 24 2012, 08:28 PM)
But it would make Geddy's live vocals sound much better to all the doubters in comparison to James LaBrie. tongue.gif

fact.

+1

Dream Theater is great, but no way is Rush gonna go back to having an opener, especially one of the prog metal variety.

And I am not surprised that Candlebox said that about the band. The band said in Contents Under Pressure that because they were treated so badly in their early days by Aerosmith, that they were always really good to their opening acts and always made sure they got everything they needed.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 24 2012, 10:23 PM)
Dream Theater is no longer an opening act for anybody, yes?

Maybe, but when I saw Rush for the Power Windows tour they had Marillion open for them and I would have thought that they would not be a opening band for anyone at the time. They were just about bigger than they ever were at the time.