Question for those who resist....

Gedneil Alpeart

The past two Rush albums saw full album leaks ahead of the release date. Many downloaded it, while some resisted until the actual day of release.....kudos to those who had that will power!

Now for those who say they absolutely refuse to hear leaks before the release, what if in the future, not likely for CA, that the album leaked and close to 100 percent consensus of Rush fans on all forums ( yeah, I know unlikely....) said that the album was as good or better than MP, PeW, and HEM. Everyone was raving to no end........many saying the best Rush ever....

Would you still hold out?

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Apr 24 2012, 06:58 PM)
QUOTE (Alchemical @ Apr 24 2012, 06:50 PM)
I'd give in and download it though I'd certainly buy it on release date as well.  cool.gif

goodpost.gif Agreed.

yes.gif

You're not alone on this one!

ill wait

I'll wait for a hard copy. It's not about will power it's about legalities and the worry of a virus, as mentioned previously. Even though you plan to buy a cd or LP, the band would probably appreciate you not downloading their music from a torrent or other inappropriate source.

Then again the band probably appreciates people following the rules and not taking pictures at shows but rules don't apply to real fans, right?

I will download the leak when it comes, and also purchase, although the reason for buying is not to support the band. Buying albums primarily supports the record company, the band makes next to no money off of sales since they dont even sell a lot of albums. Their payday comes from touring, and I support them that way.

I would buy it for the insert because Hugh always does a great job with that, and it's nice to be able to read the lyrics.

Edited by trenken

I will listen if it's in front of me but i won't search for it

If it's out there I'll download it, I already have it ordered, but if I can get a copy sooner, why not?

I had a contact that worked for another band (on the same label) years back that got me a copy of a few albums early, in one case a month before it was released (I also got a video of A Show of Hands almost two months before it went on sale) Rush is a band that no matter what, I will buy a copy of the album, no if's, ands, or buts !

all i know, after so much frustration and complaining about the wait for HF i was kinda satisfied for a few days but now i'm like six more freakin weeks to wait for f*cks sakes

by the way, how the f*ck do you do italics in here i cant work it out to save my life

Edited by lifeson90