Are You Tired of Headlong Flight?

Joesaracer

Are You Tired of Headlong Flight?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Tired of Headlong Flight?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'll put it away in a few more listens
    • How could I get tired of this song? It ROCKS!!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Apr 24 2012, 11:40 PM)
No, but I've been trying not to listen to it too much, because I'm going to be hearing a LOT of it on tour, and I want those experiences to form a lot of my memories of the song/album.

yes.gif

Hearing HF makes me wonder what the rest of the cd will be like. Isnt it usually the first song is the big hit?? Oh almost forgot the first 2 singles? LUV HF it rocks!!!

Hell No!

I just got it today on itunes. Although, I was listening to it with the lyric video for the last few days.

It kicks major arse and so far has some major replay value. That bass line is effin' sick!

As I did with Caravan/BU2B, I will listen to it heavily within the first week of release, but then I will move it further down on my list of things to listen to constantly and just let it sort of pop up on its own when shuffling through my Rush on the iPod. I don't want to burn out on it, but unlike songs by many artists, I have to give new Rush a few listens to get the feel of it. Helps me to form an opinion. Then I will tuck it away, only listen when it comes up on shuffle, and then I can sort of hear it afresh. But I know that probably a week or so before the release of CA I will not listen at all to HF, BU2B or Caravan, so I can go in fresh on the album. I want to sit and hear it from front to back.

QUOTE (wilb1972 @ Apr 25 2012, 08:19 AM)
As I did with Caravan/BU2B, I will listen to it heavily within the first week of release, but then I will move it further down on my list of things to listen to constantly and just let it sort of pop up on its own when shuffling through my Rush on the iPod. I don't want to burn out on it, but unlike songs by many artists, I have to give new Rush a few listens to get the feel of it. Helps me to form an opinion. Then I will tuck it away, only listen when it comes up on shuffle, and then I can sort of hear it afresh. But I know that probably a week or so before the release of CA I will not listen at all to HF, BU2B or Caravan, so I can go in fresh on the album. I want to sit and hear it from front to back.

goodpost.gif

I listened to it maybe 6 or 7 times the first day, 3 or 4 times the second day, and since then it's been once a day, if that. Partially it's because I'm not in love with the song, and partially it's because I don't want to burn myself out on it for when the full album comes out. Hell, I probably haven't listened to Caravan and BU2B more than 6-8 times each for the same reason - of course with those I've had to exercise a hell of a lot more patience waiting for the album. sarcasm.gif Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 25 2012, 08:26 AM)
I listened to it maybe 6 or 7 times the first day, 3 or 4 times the second day, and since then it's been once a day, if that. Partially it's because I'm not in love with the song, and partially it's because I don't want to burn myself out on it for when the full album comes out. Hell, I probably haven't listened to Caravan and BU2B more than 6-8 times each for the same reason - of course with those I've had to exercise a hell of a lot more patience waiting for the album. sarcasm.gif

Yep, those old guys don't make music as fast as they used to. tongue.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 25 2012, 02:11 AM)
Tired? We just got the damn thing about 5 minutes ago. wink.gif

Right!

This is the silliest poll of 2012. It was just released yesterday, and this poll goes up.. yesterday. eyesre4.gif

I have heard it about a dozen times now, and I still gget as giddy as a school girl when it hits the 4 min mark. I love it when a fan site is dominated by casual fans doh.gif

I never exactly liked it to begin with so I dunno if I can say I'm tired of it. If anything I'm warming up to it very very slowly. I just think that melodically Rush has pulled off better. Oh back in the days when over distortion didn't matter so much to them.... It will be a nice song to see live I think...

I'm tired of it. It's not a bad song though, but it's a bit long. It could easily be trimmed down.

It's a "jam" kind of song and that's not what I like about Rush music or anybody's music. I do like more melody and something more musical.

QUOTE (Alchemical @ Apr 24 2012, 06:46 PM)
A little bit. Oddly enough, I can still listen to Caravan and BU2B without growing bored.

yeah me too, never got bored with em over all this time and yeah, i actually got a bit tired of HF after a couple days really.... even though it isnt really that bad a tune

i think the band hit the sweet spot with caravan and bu2b in particular..... i dont think they hit the exact spot with HF

i'll say it again though, if HF one of the worst tracks on CA it'll be a great album

The song's been out one week. If anyone's listened to it so much that they're tired of it, that's on them, not the song.

Just like Caravan and BU2B, on first listen of HF, I thought it was just okay. But after I gave it more listens, I started to appreciate it a lot more, and now I think it kicks ass. I love all three songs and couldn't be more excited for what that says about CA.