Headlong Flight on itunes

Phantom

Got it yesterday but haven't listened to it yet.... Based on your assessment I'm looking forward to giving it a whirl!

Threw it on the ipod to listen to it on the way to work and it was a HUGE difference from my first listen on my work computer. I was a little unsure then, but I usually am until you get the lyrics and such anyway, but this morning was amazing. Sound wa way better on itunes. Rocked it about 5 straight times! Love it!

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Apr 24 2012, 06:48 PM)
I just got it, the sound quality is definitely wonderful! This doesn't help my anticipation of CA.....

how do you mean?

QUOTE (furie @ Apr 24 2012, 07:11 PM)
I just got it, the sound quality is definitely wonderful! This doesn't help my anticipation of CA.....

how do you mean?

I think he means he wants the record even more now that the sound quality is awesome confused13.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 24 2012, 11:11 PM)
QUOTE (furie @ Apr 24 2012, 07:11 PM)

how do you mean?

I think he means he wants the record even more now that the sound quality is awesome confused13.gif

Lol yeah I may not have worded that correctly. It just makes me anticipate the album more than I already am!

Ok, listening with the headphones cranked up.... damn this rocks.

There is a noise that starts at 9 seconds, and gets covered up by music... but lasts until 30 seconds in (maybe longer as my hearing may not be as keen as others)... but what do you think it is?

I'm guessing it's the sound of an old timey engine in an airship.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 25 2012, 09:01 AM)
Ok, listening with the headphones cranked up.... damn this rocks.

There is a noise that starts at 9 seconds, and gets covered up by music... but lasts until 30 seconds in (maybe longer as my hearing may not be as keen as others)... but what do you think it is?

I'm guessing it's the sound of an old timey engine in an airship.

I think that sound is the gumball machine....the one that gets used at the end of the story when the protaganist lures the Evil watchmaker into the restroom...tricking him and having him slip on giant gumballs, hit his head on the floor confusing him....the the protaganist leaps over the bathroom stall surprsing the watchmaker, breaks the gumball machine, then stabs the Evil watchmaker dead on the spot using broken glass.....the protaganist then Wishes him well and the evil watchmaker gets buried in the garden under a pile of mulch, vomit, gumballs and empty moosehead cans.

the end.

I purchased this yesterday. The question i have reading the itunes summary of HF & the rest of the album , means you have to purchased the complete album as the individual songs are released? The way it is explained that appears to be the case. Bit unfair, didn't have to do it when Caravan and BU2B were released as singles. Of course i might be wrong but i do see the rest of CA on I tunes is album only. And yeah you know I'm going to buy it but i want to choose what media for my copy. CD will be my first choice to go with my collection.

QUOTE (Alexmai @ Apr 25 2012, 12:17 PM)
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/news/rush...-order-20120424

It says "mastered for iTunes"???

that just means this specific download was mastered for itunes. the CD/vinyl will be mastered for their respective formats. When something means mastered for itunes, im assuming that they mean they mastered it for people who use smilie face EQ and listen over 10 cent ipod earbuds. tongue.gif

QUOTE (ridertoo98 @ Apr 25 2012, 04:43 PM)
How do I get it from my kids Ipod , to my computor to burn to cd?? I aint no apple guy tongue.gif

assuming your computer is a pc:

1 Connect the iPod to your PC. If iTunes starts syncing (ie erasing) your music automatically, hit the X in the upper right hand corner of iTunes display, to the left of the search box, to stop it.

2 In Control Panel, Portable Media Devices, double-click your iPod.

3 In the Tools menu -> Options, in the View Tab, check "Show hidden files and folders."

4 Navigate to the Music folder. for example Portable Media Devices\ IPOD (F:)\iPod_Control\Music

5 Select all the music folders, and drag and drop them into a folder on your hard drive, or directly into iTunes.

QUOTE (Phantom @ Apr 24 2012, 03:24 AM)
Sounds WAY better than the streaming version. smile.gif

yes.gif

Just downloaded the "official" MP3 from amazon. It sounds freaking amazing!!!

I'm so excited to heat the whole album!! 1022.gif 2.gif