RushCon12 - Oct. 12th-14th, Toronto

Draco

Can't make it.

Two things must happen before I am eligible to return to the 'Con: A summer convention and it must be in Toronto.

I couldn't care less about a Las Vegas Con.

Draco - thank you for starting the thread smile.gif

circumstantial tree - would the information below be enough to persuade you? wink.gif

http://gallery.mailchimp.com/fa6e22b627871b0a4265715bd/images/image_13351980418491335198042.jpg

OFFICIAL RUSHCON 12 ANNOUNCEMENT

AT LAST! The Clockwork Angels tour dates have been officially announced!

Now that's done, we are excited to tell you that our 12th annual RushCon will be held in Toronto on October 12-14, 2012, to coincide with the Rush concert on October 14th.

It's a very exciting time to be a Rush fan! Celebrate with three days of games, events, guest speakers, our memorabilia charity auction and much more, wrapped up with seeing Rush live in their home town!

Rush concert pre-sale tickets go on sale soon, so now is the time to plan your pilgrimage to Toronto. See Rush in YYZ, meet some awesome fans, and be surrounded by those who share your love of this magical band. We really hope to see you there!

We will be posting event details and registration details over the next couple weeks. Stay tuned!

(Note: All Rush concert tickets are the responsibility of each attendee and are not included in any RushCon registration package.)

Edited by RushCon

I'd love to go, but I'll be beginning my master's thesis, hopefully, so I know I won't be able to go.

Summers work best for me.

QUOTE (anticlockwise @ Apr 26 2012, 01:02 AM)
I've never been to Canada before, though I live just across the river. I would love to be there, but the passport fee is a bit steep for me at this time. Anyone care to share past experiences? I might be convinced yet...

If your state has enhanced driver's licences for entering Canada, and you're close to needing to renew your license anyway, that can be a little cheaper way to go.

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Apr 24 2012, 09:53 PM)
I and Mr. 1 of the 7 will be there! We've even scrapped the Philly show so we can attend the whole con - it'll be our first! icon_alienjig.gif

No Philly? Sorry for that but glad we'll get to meet in Toronto (meet again that is, since we'll meet in Manchester)

Is there a West Coast equivalent?

I went to the Rush con in Toronto in 2006.....great time !

Had some great experiences. Even went up the great CN Tower..went to. that famous Lakeside Park and the Orbit Room . I cant afford to go to this one.

2.gif

QUOTE (Chicken hawk @ May 3 2012, 09:39 PM)
Had some great experiences. Even went up the great CN Tower..went to. that famous Lakeside Park and the Orbit Room . I cant afford to go to this one.

2.gif

yeah, that was a great one! I remember the trip to St. Catherine's and eating a restaurant where the owner knew Neil as he was growing up.

RushCon 6 is definitely one of my favorites. RushCon 2 is probably my favorite in general. All the celebrating going on with the arrival of Vapor Trails and the tour. Great stuff!

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ May 7 2012, 08:31 AM)
QUOTE (Draco @ Apr 23 2012, 06:10 PM)
More details in the next couple of weeks.

http://www.rushcon.org

wow, great link. confused13.gif

Once everything becomes finalized, the good folk at RushCon will be updating their website.

I see RushCon 12 is now updated. Question though - what's up with the group rate offer for the hotel? $119.. you can book a room for $116 on the Marriott site right now. wacko.gif

edit - OK I see that it is not a prepay room. That does help! Thanks RushCon!

Edited by tripdad

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ May 5 2012, 04:45 PM)
QUOTE (Chicken hawk @ May 3 2012, 09:39 PM)

2.gif

yeah, that was a great one! I remember the trip to St. Catherine's and eating a restaurant where the owner knew Neil as he was growing up.

RushCon 6 is definitely one of my favorites. RushCon 2 is probably my favorite in general. All the celebrating going on with the arrival of Vapor Trails and the tour. Great stuff!

My fave too! (ok RC2 was my only Con, but still my fave!)