How much $$$$$$

Gedneil Alpeart

Maybe six, eight grand? Something like that. Over the past 20 years.

Time Machine tour alone was $1000. I've spent probably between $300 and $500 on every show I've seen (that's not just me, but me and my wife - or whoever I bought with me, I went to two with old girlfriends back in the day). CDs... I bought them all twice. Originals and '97 remasters. Sectors. A couple of cassettes - just Presto and RTB I think. A few vinyls. Various non-concert shirts, posters and general merch.

But if you throw in things like going out to dinner on concert night, travel costs to get to the venues, staying overnight in hotels (done that on half the shows I've been to)... then the costs start to really add up. More like ten grand overall.

Well, there is a huge discrepancy between what I spent 1980-1984 and what I've spent in the last few years. laugh.gif

Just a guess... including travel expenses.... probably about $2000. ohmy.gif

Well, there is a huge discrepancy between what I spent 1980-1984 and what I've spent in the last few years. laugh.gif

Just a guess... including travel expenses.... probably about $3000. ohmy.gif

Remember, though, that I didn't spend anything between 1984 and 2010.

I would say at least 7 thousand. Make that 8 thousand with merchandise and such. I've seen the band over 30 times with many of those being out of state long driving trips and many of those purchasing multi tickets for me and whoever else was going. It is Rush that got me started playing drums though. So indirectly I blame Neil for all that:) I bet I've spent 25-30 thousand on drums and percussion(and mics and electronics) over the years.(I still own 7 huge drum kits) Edited by presto123

The most I ever spent on one Rush experience was when I flew to NYC to see them at Radio City Music Hall for their R30 Show. With airfare, hotel, ticket, food and drinks, the bill came to about $1,000.00. ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

A lifetime of worshipping Rush has cost me at least $5,000.00. All the albums (vinyl, tape, CD), 8 concerts, swag....worth every penny. 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Well, I've been a fan for 30 years so it's probably close to a quarter of a billion dollars.

Back in '07 I flew from Osaka to Toronto for 2 Rush gigs...the flight alone was probably 1100-1200 bucks with the money I spent on beer being probably 10 times that. trink38.gif

The VERY first Rush thang I paid for was half the price of a ticket for the New World Tour (big brother MikeyBlaze paid the other half). I was 10 at the time and thought my 5 dollars was a lot to be paying. I still gladly paid it though.

2.gif

I've been a fan for ~3 years now, and I'm 19. I have purchased TSOR: Greatest Hits, Roll The Bones, Counterparts, Hemispheres, Vapor Trails, Snakes & Arrows, Moving Pictures, Permanent Waves, and a couple live DVD's. I've been to two shows.

Without travel or food expense, I'd say under $500.

really impossible for me to put a number on it.

my first show was in '80 and there have been well over 100 since then all across North America.

From New Hampshire to Seattle. Throughout Ontario and Quebec. And many points in between.

I will say this much.. I'm slowing WAY down these days.

On the Time Machine Tour I only did 7 shows (3 first leg, 4 second) and for CA I'm only doing 3 on the first leg.. probably 3 on the 2nd leg (if there is one).

Back when I first started these little adventures gas was cheap, tickets were cheap, hotels were cheaper, and you'd get 4-5 shows a week so there wernt as many 'dead days'.

Now with tickets being $100+ per show. Gas is $4/gallon. And a halfway decent hotel is going to cost at least $50/night (even if you use Priceline or Hotwire) it makes it a lot more difficult to have a tour where I do 17-20 shows.

On VT I did 14... it was so exciting to have them back I just felt compelled. Now I budget things better. I'm using my money to go to special shows and make nice trips out of it. Like opening night smile.gif

Add all of this to all the music purchases and I'm afraid to even guess how much I've spent over the last 32 years.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 23 2012, 11:35 PM)
Well, I've been a fan for 30 years so it's probably close to a quarter of a billion dollars.
Back in '07 I flew from Osaka to Toronto for 2 Rush gigs...the flight alone was probably 1100-1200 bucks with the money I spent on beer being probably 10 times that.  trink38.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Thanks, I just snorted coffee through my nose!

Edited by Animate

I really have no idea...but it must be quite a bit.

I'm a 'younger' fan, having only gotten into Rush around 1997, but not attending my first show until 2002.

But I can tell you that over the last decade...I've spent ALOT of money on Rush (music, DVD's, merch, concerts, collectibles, etc). Everytime I visit Rush Backstage to see any new merch, I see just how much I own. Almost 3/4's of what is on there, I have. ohmy.gif

I wish I could calculate just to see how much. It would be interesting...though I know it was worth every penny. Absolutely NO regrets.

I have seen them 39 times since 1981 in about 6 different states .Tons of merch from every tour and the beer/food/gas/ hotel thing, not a f-n clue and i would be very afraid to find out how much i did spend ohmy.gif

I've bought every Rush dvd. And I mean every single one. We'll say that's $150.

Moving Pictures, Permanent Waves, Hemispheres - $20

Blank CD's to burn the rest of the discography - $20

One concert ticket for Snakes and Arrows Leg 2 - $60

2112 sweatshirt - $45

Geddy Lee for President '92 bumper sticker - 5 bucks

Total: $300 - Not bad, considering how fanboyant I am deep down. 2.gif

QUOTE (CruisingInPrimetime @ Apr 24 2012, 02:03 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 24 2012, 01:52 PM)
QUOTE (CruisingInPrimetime @ Apr 24 2012, 02:49 PM)

confused13.gif

For now. It's what I gotta do. Who cares? I plan on collecting every album over the course of my life.

goodpost.gif

If you plan on buying later i see no problems. I didn't buy the first two tracks off Clockwork Angels.... But the album will be purchased day of release.

QUOTE (CruisingInPrimetime @ Apr 24 2012, 03:03 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 24 2012, 01:52 PM)
QUOTE (CruisingInPrimetime @ Apr 24 2012, 02:49 PM)

confused13.gif

For now. It's what I gotta do. Who cares? I plan on collecting every album over the course of my life.

trink39.gif

Don't worry...I wasn't trying to get on your case.

Just wasn't sure what you meant there! All in good fun! 1022.gif