Favourite Song from Clockwork Angels

Drummerrobin

Which is your favourite out of these songs?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite out of these songs?

• Caravan
    • BU2B
    • Headlong Flight

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 22 2012, 04:35 PM)
It's ALL metal, none of that pseudo reggae stuff and Alex is no longer trying to sound like The Edge and Andy Summers...

Hey, Signals and GuP are two of my favorite Rush albums! laugh.gif

(Full disclosure: I also absolutely love the Police and U2.)

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ Apr 23 2012, 01:47 AM)
It's ALL metal, none of that pseudo reggae stuff and Alex is no longer trying to sound like The Edge and Andy Summers...

I like the records too, but at the time I wanted RUSH to sound like they had on the previous albums before Signals. It took a little time for me to adjust.

NB. I'm not big on the Police and I'm no fan of U2...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 23 2012, 01:50 AM)
QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ Apr 23 2012, 01:47 AM)

I like the records too, but at the time I wanted RUSH to sound like they had on the previous albums before Signals. It took a little time for me to adjust.

NB. I'm not big on the Police and I'm no fan of U2...

That makes sense. I listened through the whole Rush catalog in a few weeks after discovering them 6-odd years ago, so my perspective is a bit skewed. tongue.gif

I'm also a big electronic music fan, so Rush's electronic phase is my favorite. wub.gif But that doesn't prevent me from enjoying a rocking tune like 2112.

Edited by CrossedSignals

The funny thing about these "new" songs is that Caravan has been around so long, it actually has a nostalgic effect on me (still remember the first time I heard it and the surrounding circumstances). I've liked Caravan a lot from that very first time on, though I've tried not to listen to it or the other CA songs all that often so that they can still be somewhat fresh when I finally obtain the album. At this time, Caravan is my favorite, with BU2B a pretty strong second. As for Headlong, like some other folks, I dig the instrumentation but am not crazy about the vocal melodies and find the tune clunky and repetitive lyrically. All of this might change once I've had the album for a while and have given all the tracks a decent amount of listening time.

Interesting question.... and one that I think can easily be skewed, given that 2 of these tunes were released nearly 2 years ago.

Had all 3 been released simultaneously, I think we'd see some very interesting results, with Headlong Flight leading the way....

i was out walking earlier today and when i dont have my ipod i sometimes run music through my head making guitar noises etc or even quietly singing along as you do (la villa strangiato's my fav) like most of you lot i know every rush tune note for note but for the life of me on this occasion i couldnt recall the general tune of headlong flight even though ive heard it at least a couple dozen times

if its a song i'm sitting here typing to you and i honestly dont know how it goes smile.gif

Edited by lifeson90

The order in which I like them is currently the order in which they rank in this poll:

I like them all, but Headlong Flight takes my top prize, followed by Caravan, and then BU2B.

I'd say Caravan, but only because I still haven't had adequate time to really develop a strong liking for HF, but i'm sure it's coming soon!

BU2B

I chose Headlong Flight, cause I just love the instrumentation on it! But Caravan and BU2B are awesome! Also I can't believe all the hate S&A gets on this board. I thought it was a good album. It sounds great, Main Monkey Business just has a great vibe with it.

QUOTE (BigBob @ Apr 23 2012, 11:12 AM)
I chose Headlong Flight, cause I just love the instrumentation on it! But Caravan and BU2B are awesome! Also I can't believe all the hate S&A gets on this board. I thought it was a good album. It sounds great, Main Monkey Business just has a great vibe with it.

Haters always hate.

No worries...I thought it was great.

No-one is saying it's up there with Moving Pictures, Hemispheres, etc., but for an album done by guys in their mid-50's, it was a damn good album.

Lots of great songs...

I give the nod to HF... all three songs rank fairly close with me. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing when it comes to how the whole album might be. No matter what, I'm very excited for CA. 1022.gif

Unfortunately, I just haven't been blown away (yet) like I was when first hit with "Far Cry", or "Armor and Sword"...and a few other S&A tracks.

Edited by A rocket that ignites itself

It's difficult for me to choose. So far, this is my favorite new Rush since hearing Animate back in the fall of 93. If I were pressed to choose, I would go with BU2B because of the melody and the solo breaks. The other 2 are fantastic as well, though.