Will you check the setlist before your show?

fonzbear2000

Will you check the setlist before your show?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Will you check the setlist before your show?

• Yes
    • No
    • Hard to say

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Apr 23 2012, 03:09 PM)
No point in trying. Mine is the last show.

Oh, man..... ohmy.gif ohmy.gif I can relate to that!

St. Paul was the last gig in the USA for the Snakes and Arrows Tour. That was a LONG wait for us, and the band was visibly TIRED.....

I can not not look at the setlist...my show's a good month after opening night so I'm gonna break down at some point. Plus, peeking at the setlist is a good reminder for me to go back and listen to any song that I haven't listen to in awhile. I don't like the feeling of going to a show and hearing a song that I haven't listen to in a long time and then afterwards go back and listen to it and end up enjoying the song more than I did when I saw it performed live. no.gif

Yes! Always have, always will! Even before the "net" I had friends that would have seen them before me that would give me the news....

The only show I didn't know was 2002 Scranton, which was the second show off the tour...actually not enough time to get it...

I don't need to be surprised....it's Rush, they could play all Moravian Folk songs, and I'd still be happy to be there! confused13.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Apr 22 2012, 09:01 AM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Apr 21 2012, 09:24 PM)
I find it more enjoyable to have glanced at the songs beforehand. Otherwise I keep thinking "why didn't they play this song?!". By checking the setlist ahead of time my reaction is more along the lines of "OMG OMG OMG THEY'RE PLAYING THAT SONG!!!!"

I am the opposite of this. I always go to the Show completely unaware of what they're going to play. I really try to not have any expectations. That way, when they do start playing those old gems, like Entre Nous or Presto, I am completely blown away. I absolutely love the element of surprise. 1022.gif Some of the best moments of my Rush concerts have been when they played something I didn't expect.

After the Show is when I start thinking, "Wow, they didn't play [____] ....! Oh well.....maybe next time....."

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

I agree. No expectations, just pleasant surprises! Like last tour, when I really hoped they would play this one song I really wanted to hear, and they did! Such an awesome surprise. (The song? Faithless!)

I know all the usual songs will get played (Tom Sawyer, Limelight, etc.), and it's the other songs that are exciting to find out. I'll go to the concert, hoping that maybe they'll play 'Cut to the Chase', but I won't know if it's part of the setlist until they either play it or don't. And while I might be disappointed if it didn't get played, I know there will be a different song or two that I didn't even think of and will be pleasantly surprised.

I guess I like surprises!

Oh, and it's neat getting introduced to a 'new' song that I haven't really explored before, like 'Digital Man' and 'Mission' a few years back. If I'd taken a gander at the set list beforehand, I probably would have thought, "huh, don't really know those songs, let's listen to them so I'm familiar with them," and then they wouldn't have had the fresh, live impact that they did.

It's so easy these days to overstep surprises (the internet being a huge aid in this), so it's nice to be able to keep a surprise. That is, if I can avoid anyone accidently letting the set list slip in my vicinity!

I'm going to try not to look. If I manage it (should be possible, as I'm going to the fifth show of the tour) it would be the first time since the HYF tour that I've been to a Rush gig with no prior knowledge of what they're going to play.

No, because I'm going to opening night! icon_alienjig.gif For my first show, I didn't look beforehand. For my second, I knew it, and that was cool too, because I could get my boyfriend used to the studio versions of all the songs before he heard them live.

I've looked at the setlist the last two concerts I went to. Maybe I'll be able to hold off this time but I doubt it. In 2010 I made a playlist of all the songs on the setlist and I listened to it over and over and over and over and over. I'll probably end up doing something similar this year as I doubt very seriously I'll be able to hold out and not look at the setlist.

no.gif

I never do...and I'll never understand why people would.

People complain about the ticket prices, but then use setlists to 'plan pee breaks' so they can miss parts of the show. wacko.gif

I guess because I like every song, it makes no difference to me what they play because I'm watching the whole thing. I've never missed a second of a Rush concert, nor do I plan to.

I love the element of surprise, and there is nothing like hearing them start up a song that you love, but never expected to hear in concert. That's just an awesome feeling.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 25 2012, 10:27 AM)
no.gif

I never do...and I'll never understand why people would.

People complain about the ticket prices, but then use setlists to 'plan pee breaks' so they can miss parts of the show. wacko.gif

I guess because I like every song, it makes no difference to me what they play because I'm watching the whole thing. I've never missed a second of a Rush concert, nor do I plan to.

I love the element of surprise, and there is nothing like hearing them start up a song that you love, but never expected to hear in concert. That's just an awesome feeling.

Yes, I agree!

And as for pee breaks... well, isn't that what an intermission is for? confused13.gif

I will not. I have for the last three tours and while I don't regret that decison, my father does not look at the setlist and his excitement and suprise at some songs is enviable. I will be going in blind.

I'll do my best not to look for this tour...but I may not be able to hold out until I see them 17 shows in.

Then again some chucklehead will probably post some spoilers where they shouldn't which will probably open the door enough for me to peek.

Yes because if they do Anything from S&A i need to know when to Piss/Beer Break

I'll more than likely check out the setlist before hand. I kind of want to know what they're playing so I can make a playlist on my iPod so I know the lyrics to the songs. I want to be able to sing along when I go. I'm also going to burn a CD of the setlist for my co-worker who is coming to the show with me so she knows what's being played. Even though this will be my first show, and I kind of want to be surprised by what they're playing, I'll check out the setlist and make a playlist so I know the lyrics.