Need a Rush Roller Derby name!!

Manatee30444

Hey Can some of my fellow Rush fans help me choose a Roller Derby name that is Rush inspired? I am working up the ranks of my local team and need to start thinking of my derby name, I am hoping to get the number 2112, but need an awesome name. My real name is Melissa and I have to go with something Rush, because they have always been my life, I even got the Rush explosion logo 2.gif tattooed on the inside of my forearm! I know you fans got this!! Thanks!!

Okay, just to help out anybody who's not up on roller derby (and I'm going by the movie "Whip It" here), the idea here is to take a Rush song or album title and turn it into a girl's name, but it also needs to sound really badass, like you'd be wrecked if you skated against her.

Here are some examples from the movie:

Eve Of Destruction --> Eva Destruction

Iron Maiden --> Iron Maven

Buddy Holly --> Bloody Holly

Ashley Simpson --> Smashley Simpson

wanna beatin'? --> Juana Beat'n

kamikaze --> Kami Kaze

So it's gotta be a badass-sounding girl's name, but still be recognizable as a Rush reference. Hook the girl up!

"Caress Of Steel" seems like it could be worked into something....

(Manatee, I altered your thread title a bit to better define your request.)

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 20 2012, 11:18 AM)

"Caress Of Steel" seems like it could be worked into something....

Steel Caress. It's definitely not a man's name. But it sounds like a tough woman to me.

Another variation of a song name: Scar. Sometimes the one syllable names are the best. 2.gif

Manatee, welcome to TRF. Now, go out there and put someone in a coma!

trink38.gif

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Apr 20 2012, 01:21 AM)
Just be obvious-

Caressa Steel

Tough, badass, yet there is still that smooth chrome finish to ease the savage beast.

that yes

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Apr 19 2012, 11:48 PM)
Just be obvious-

Caressa Steel

Tough, badass, yet there is still that smooth chrome finish to ease the savage beast.

that yes

yes.gif

Gracie Under Pressure

Tammy Sawyer

Analog Kim

Bitch Hunt

T'wana One-twelve

<Still prefers the Caressa Steel to these though>

You guys rock! So far my favorite is Steel Caress, it doesnt have to have a girls name in it, just a kick-ass name. My initial was going to be Lady C"RUSH"er but I know I can do better than that!! Keep them coming so I can pick a favorite and wear it proudly..(I even have Rush stickers..on my helmet!) Thanks!!!!!

Just be obvious-

Caressa Steel

That's my fave so far. It's a girl's name, it's badass, and it sounds like the Rush album title.

In comparison (sorry Blaze), "Steel Caress" sounds like the name of a hair metal band, and not like a Rush reference. tongue.gif

I somehow don't think ANAL HOG KID will go over well with the families attending our events, lol, but Thanks for trying! tongue.gif lol Some of the names of my fellow team mates are Katherine (Kit Kat Krush) gena (genacide) allison (l'assassin) we also have ms. Red Rum, Princess Leigh U out, etc.., we even have a megan..who is Green Megs and slam. This is kinda like a game..I know their is a PERFECT one for me....

QUOTE (Manatee30444 @ Apr 20 2012, 04:14 PM)
I somehow don't think ANAL HOG KID will go over well with the families attending our events, lol, but Thanks for trying! tongue.gif lol Some of the names of my fellow team mates are Katherine (Kit Kat Krush) gena (genacide) allison (l'assassin) we also have ms. Red Rum, Princess Leigh U out, etc.., we even have a megan..who is Green Megs and slam. This is kinda like a game..I know their is a PERFECT one for me....

laugh.gif

Given your name, what about MelNar smile.gif or MELingnant narcissism

QUOTE (Manatee30444 @ Apr 20 2012, 03:14 PM)

Nice my Derby name is Abra Cadaver tongue.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 21 2012, 10:57 AM)
QUOTE (Manatee30444 @ Apr 20 2012, 03:14 PM)
I somehow don't think ANAL HOG KID will go over well with the families attending our events, lol, but Thanks for trying! tongue.gif  lol Some of the names of my fellow team mates are Katherine (Kit Kat Krush) gena (genacide) allison (l'assassin) we also have ms. Red Rum, Princess Leigh U out, etc.., we even have a megan..who is Green Megs and slam.  This is kinda like a game..I know their is a PERFECT one for me....

Nice my Derby name is Abra Cadaver tongue.gif

yes.gif

a friend of mine's derby name is DevouHer...lol wink.gif