Hello New Member, so excited but needs help!!

Manatee30444

Hello all!! I have been a 2.gif Fan for as long as I can remember, I can honestly say I was the only sixth grade girl in my school with a Rush themed bedroom! I was taunted daily for my full wardrobe of Rush teeshirts and my love of drumming. Now as a 34 year old woman I still love my Rush and even recently got the Rush explosion logo 2.gif tattoed on the inside of my forearm! I am happy to have found a group of fellow lovers like myself! I also need help! I have recently decided to join the local roller derby here in town. I need some suggestions on a awesome Rush themed Derby name. I am hoping to get 2112 for my derby number but really need help with a name! My first name is Melissa, I know this is the place to get some amazing inspiration!! Thanks!!! biggrin.gif

Hey Melissa! Welcome to TRF! Are you by chance friends with Mary Kay Cormier on Facebook? I ask because she's big into roller derby!

I'm Carrie, and I became a big Rush fan a couple years ago after liking them all my life, but never getting to a show until then! It changed everything! biggrin.gif

Hope to see you around here! bekloppt.gif

Thank you Carrie! I really don't know anyone in Derby yet, I just started, looking foward to making new friends while doing something fun and crazy!! I am glad that I found this forum so I don't feel wierd about my love for Geddy Lee. wub.gif Thanks for responding!!

Hi...

Another newbie here, this is my first time posting (!) I usually just prefer to lurk but you brought up a topic close to my heart (or Closer To The Heart lol) Wordplay's one of my favorite past times (so's corny puns haha)... I immediately thought of this name for your Derby:

"Caress of Wheels"

I can think of more, but if you'd prefer I didn't I can just be quiet & go back to lurking now lol

Mamita, Caress of wheels is pretty awesome, I am liking that but since you enjoy word games I would love to hear what else you can come up with other songs or Rush related. I am excited to come onto this group and meet soem amazing woman like myself (and Female FRIEND OF RUSH)is a friend of mine. My derby number is going to be 2112 and I cannot wait to pick a official name so that I can look foward to getting on the roster and putting on the shirt! Thanks to all you ladies for the help and I am excited to see you all around here!!! cheer.gif

bekloppt.gif

Welcome to both of you!

I like Caressa Steel. cool.gif

Thanks for the welcome, everyone! Happy to be here bekloppt.gif

Manatee :

OK, two more possible names (may be corny, please bear with me!):

"Counter-clockwork Angels"

"Spirit of Radial"

Altho' I really like Roll the Bones too!

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Apr 21 2012, 12:58 AM)
bekloppt.gif

Welcome to both of you!

I like Caressa Steel. cool.gif

Great minds think alike! That's the name I thought of as well...

Rock on!

GeddyFinal.gif I remember thinking as a 13 almost 14 year old girl, "Am I the only young girl to have a crush on Geddy?" It seemed like everyone was calling me a freak for thinking so at that time. Now, as I get ready to turn 32 next month, I read forums like this and think, finally, I was never alone afterall!

Welcome Ladies! You have found the right place if you have an obsession with Ged!! No shame here, actually we're kind of shameless about it wub.gif

You've got pages and pages of Ged pics in the Geddy is Hot thread!

I remember watching the Limelight video on MTV when I was about 10 years old. It was the first time I saw what Rush looked like, and I distinctly remember thinking that Geddy (well, I didn't know his name then) looked as sweet as his voice sounded.

I should have known then I'd be a big fan of his/theirs someday wub.gif