RUSH VIP Package Info

Godeater2112

I did not do VIP last tour. I looked on TM 2 weeks prior to the Summerfest show in 2010 and got 3 tickets in the 12th row dead center for face value. I haven't bought a ticket when they first go on sale for any concert for several years. Great seats open up all the time. You just have to be patient and keep checking from time to time.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to plot my course for the Cleveland Q show, pre sale arrangements. This VIP with Live Nation/Ticketmaster or the confusing part the Q insiders pre sale.. Quicken Loans arena is it's own ticket agent for events there not TM... But i guess you would be able to purchase this Live Nation/Ticket Master VIP package for Cleveland show??? fing.gif confused13.gif

I got the VIP package last tour and I got 4th row, Geddy's side. 1022.gif

The seats were excellent but I never got my package. I emailed them quite a few times and they didn't respond back. They finally did and said it was mailed but I never recieved it; either they didn't send it or it got stolen.

Does anyone know if I buy 2 of the VIP pre sale packages tomorrow, if the 2 seat will be together? I wanna get 2 of the best seats possible for the Phila. show and it sound like the VIP package is the way to go. Unless someone can suggest a better approach

QUOTE (irocdave12 @ Apr 22 2012, 02:47 PM)
Does anyone know if I buy 2 of the VIP pre sale packages tomorrow, if the 2 seat will be together? I wanna get 2 of the best seats possible for the Phila. show and it sound like the VIP package is the way to go. Unless someone can suggest a better approach

if you buy 2 together in the same transaction then yes, they will be together.

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Apr 22 2012, 05:33 PM)
QUOTE (irocdave12 @ Apr 22 2012, 02:33 PM)
Thanks Snaked. Do you actaully get the tickets in hand or is it a deal where you pick them up at the venue ticket window typically if you also might no that too

If you're buying them from VIP Nation, you pick them up at the venue.

Sorry to ask so many questions and if they sound silly but do you mean they get picked up at the venue sometime before the concert or do you get them the day of the show at the will call window?

QUOTE (irocdave12 @ Apr 22 2012, 03:41 PM)
QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Apr 22 2012, 05:33 PM)
QUOTE (irocdave12 @ Apr 22 2012, 02:33 PM)
Thanks Snaked. Do you actaully get the tickets in hand or is it a deal where you pick them up at the venue ticket window typically if you also might no that too

If you're buying them from VIP Nation, you pick them up at the venue.

Sorry to ask so many questions and if they sound silly but do you mean they get picked up at the venue sometime before the concert or do you get them the day of the show at the will call window?

You get them the day of the show.

VIP Nation will email you pick-up instructions prior to that.

Your merchandise is mailed to your house.

Different packages have different items, events, etc.

When we saw Roger Waters, there was a pre-party with food, beer and wine.

Our Van Halen tickets come with a pre-party and a backstage tour (we haven't done it yet).

Some have multiple packages for multiple prices.

You just have to check out the VIP Nation website for specifics.

Someone mentioned on Page One that the amount he paid for VIP was $350. Is that for one ticket or two?

I was debating about doing the VIP package, but $350 for a single ticket is a ripoff no matter how close your seats.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 22 2012, 07:46 PM)
Someone mentioned on Page One that the amount he paid for VIP was $350. Is that for one ticket or two?

I was debating about doing the VIP package, but $350 for a single ticket is a ripoff no matter how close your seats.

Yeah,GR I was thinking the same thing, believe it's for one ticket. That is way to steep... Might just wait for official general sale day take my chances.

QUOTE (softfilter @ Apr 22 2012, 07:12 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 22 2012, 07:46 PM)
Someone mentioned on Page One that the amount he paid for VIP was $350.  Is that for one ticket or two?

Yeah,GR I was thinking the same thing, believe it's for one ticket. That is way to steep... Might just wait for official general sale day take my chances.

Yep, that was me. It was $350 per VIP ticket here in Houston for Time Machine. Other cities may have been priced differently.

There was about $100-150 worth of merch in the package, so the seat itself probably accounted for $200-250 of the cost. Yeah, it was overpriced.

The more I'm thinking about it the past week or so, the more I'm leaning toward not doing it again if the price is $300 or more. For less, I probably would. Guess we'll find out when they go on sale.

I want to bring my 13 year old son to the Brooklyn NY show, I was going to go the VIP route, but at $350 per ticket (more like $400 with all the surcharges probably), $750 - $800 is just too much for 2 tickets, especially since I wont know if I am 1st row center or 15th row all the way over to the side.

I will try my luck with the fan club pre-sale and see how close I can get.

That being said, I collect Rush guitar picks, so if anyone getting the VIP package would like to recoup a few bucks from their VIP package, I'd pay $50 for the set of picks :-)

I'd rather help out a friend here than go to eBay to get them like I did on the Time Machine tour.

Doing what I always do.

Music Today pre-sale. I have always been able to get a very good seat for face value going that route.

I have scored 10th row, 17th row, first row on the side level (in arena shows) closet to the stage (a great seat BTW if your taking your kid/kids and the best route to go), 5th row.

And I normally buy 2-4 tickets. I know if your buying only 1 seat you can get amazing seats via music today. I remember buying 3 tickets together and scored 4th row.

It is a crap shoot with music today...but more importantly you get the seats at face value.

VIP? Oh no way. That is over priced. If you have never been up close I can understand springing for one show. But the fact that it is through Live Nation vs Ticket master and not knowing your seat location till you pick up your seats is for the friggin birds. That is awful.

QUOTE (Todem @ Apr 23 2012, 06:25 AM)
VIP? Oh no way. That is over priced. If you have never been up close I can understand springing for one show.

That was a big part of my decision last year. I had fifth row in Dallas on Roll the Bones, but that was 20 years ago and I have a terrible memory. Since then, I've had seats on every tour ranging from "pretty good" to "omfg I'm in the back". I sprung for the VIP tickets last year because I wanted a guaranteed 1-15 row seat and the (what I thought would be awesome) swag to go with it.

I've pretty much made up my mind, I'm not doing that this time. I'll take my chances with the pre-sale, non-VIP tix.

QUOTE (Barry @ Apr 23 2012, 04:48 AM)
I want to bring my 13 year old son to the Brooklyn NY show, I was going to go the VIP route, but at $350 per ticket (more like $400 with all the surcharges probably), $750 - $800 is just too much for 2 tickets, especially since I wont know if I am 1st row center or 15th row all the way over to the side.

I will try my luck with the fan club pre-sale and see how close I can get.

That being said, I collect Rush guitar picks, so if anyone getting the VIP package would like to recoup a few bucks from their VIP package, I'd pay $50 for the set of picks :-)

I'd rather help out a friend here than go to eBay to get them like I did on the Time Machine tour.

Presales start today from some shows.

The VIP Package for Manchester is $275.

For Los Angeles it is $325.

When I bought our Van Halen VIP Packages, the total cost was just the tickets. No taxes or surcharges at all (or more precisely, they are included in the face value).

So depending on where you're going, you could get 2 seats in the first 15 rows for a total of $550-$650. Plus all the stuff (such as it is).

The website does say that while you can't pick your exact seats, supposedly they are allocated on a first-come, first served basis. Your location is based on how early you buy.

We will test this theory for Van Halen, as we bought our tickets the moment they went on sale. I am a bit skeptical though, only because there's no way to know for sure. You're trusting them to be honest.

I have never drawn anything good from fan club presales, Music Today, etc. but some people have had very good fortune that way. The luck of the draw.

Too bad I didn't meet you before. I got two VIP Packages last time for Rush, and have lots of extra stuff. I never thought about trying to sell it on eBay...

laugh.gif

trink39.gif

Well I bit the bullet and bought two VIP packages for Chicago. Taking my 15 year old son to his 3rd RUSH show and wanted some great seats. I completed the transaction and had a confirmation email at 1:01 PM EST so I will be very disappointed if I don't end up in the front row! System was very fast and I really believe my order was in the queue within 15 seconds of them going on sale.

We shall see in oh say 5 months!

2.gif

I have decided to take a vacation and actually travel from Cinti to Toronto to see them. I definately want good seats and was going to try the VIP packages, but damn this is encouraging to see so many get tickets up close. For the huge difference in money it is worth a shot, but damn I'll be pissed if I don't get something good and end up with shitty seats spending all the money on VIP seating.

Ugh, decisions....