Tickets

Red_Lenses

QUOTE (Chicken hawk @ Apr 19 2012, 07:38 AM)
Thankyu so much Mr. Henry Gale

I could do the $250.    but not much higher im afraid.

pokey.gif

Sadly, my $250 was prob off. Bad memory is bad.

$300-350, yikes! I might have to spring for it still, since I can't try for a ticket on regular date (don't get paid till 3 days after the on sale date doh!). That's what kind of sucks if you don't have the money for general sale. If you want a good seat, you are kind of only left with the VIP option, as all the good seats that were up at the regular prices will have been bought.

Edited by Mr. Henry Gale

QUOTE (g under p @ Apr 19 2012, 09:12 AM)
QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Apr 19 2012, 08:55 AM)
QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 19 2012, 08:51 AM)
33 dates would lead me to believe there will be another leg in 2013.
Too many cities not on the list including (but not limited to):

Denver
Salt Lake City
Milwaukee
Manhattan
Fort Lauderdale/Miami
Raleigh

The list goes on and on with the cities that arent represented on this leg.
I'm guessing we'll see a minimum of 37 shows in 2013

Agree 100%. There will be a second leg.

Minneapolis tickets go on sale Friday, May 4th, 10:00 am CST. I don't have to work until 11:00.....WOO HOO!!!!! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

You better believe there will be a second leg and i will travel up to Tampa for the only stop in Florida for the first leg.

I gather they are saving the best part of Florida (South Florida where they have staRTED AND ENDED RECENT TOURS) for the second or last leg of the tour.

The Tampa date Nov 3 is on a Saturday and i'll just make a weekend of it with a visit to Busch Gardens. Yeah that sounds like a great idea. I'll make a date of it with my other half.

You and I both. I already have my Bush Gardens Year Pass! So Rush on Saturday Night! Bush Gardens by Day on Sunday!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Chicken hawk @ Apr 19 2012, 10:18 AM)
has anyone in the past bought one of those VIP TOUR PACKAGE ?
If so how much? Were u in the front row for sure?

2.gif

I got the VIP package last tour and netted two seats in the 8th row near the center. While I LOVED the seats, I can't see myself doing the VIP thing again for this tour. For one thing, shelling out that much dough for tickets (around $260 each) meant catching hell from Mrs. Gnoom and also my best friend (who begrudgingly bought the second ticket from me). Another problem was with TM dragging their feet and not providing VIP-level customer service to go with the VIP price (not delivering on their promise of timely email updates, shipping info etc...basically forcing me to chase them down for info and then giving me the runaround and incorrect/unreliable info). From what I heard, I wasn't the only one who had this beef with TM/LN, but in the end they did finally deliver. Still, I think it's a shame that they hold the best seats hostage and shake down the fans for more money.

I'd be shocked if there wasn't a 2nd leg. I'm guessing it'll start in the Southeast in like April and go through a good portion of the summer and will be played primarily in sheds (outdoor amphitheaters). The guys are hot as they've ever been at the present and it's only good business sense to maximize their income. A Spring into Summer tour will allow Neil to ride all over the continent as well which likely won't be the case this Fall. I also expect Europe and South America will be on the docket during the 2nd leg as well.

And then..............R40 in 2014 babeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo!! 653.gif

Quick Question for any and all who have done VIP in the past.

Have you been disappointed in seating...

Are they way off to the side so scalpers can get the best seats and are

they better seats than say the Pre-sales seats?

If you want some where in the 10 -15 rows center area good seats and are willing to pay

Will VIP work out better than a ticket broker?

QUOTE (Cygnus @ Apr 19 2012, 01:41 PM)
Quick Question for any and all who have done VIP in the past.

Have you been disappointed in seating...
Are they way off to the side so scalpers can get the best seats and are
they better seats than say the Pre-sales seats?

If you want some where in the 10 -15 rows center area good seats and are willing to pay
Will VIP work out better than a ticket broker?

My seats, at first glance, shouldn't have been good. It was something like row 13 or 15, all the way at the end of the row. The catch is, the row is curved. If I was in the center of my row, I would have been as far away from the stage as I could have been holding a VIP ticket. As it was, because of the curve, the ends of the row touch the stage, and I was about 20-25 feet away from Geddy when he walked onto the wings. I was very pleased with my tickets. Could've been better of course, but "not a bad seat in the house" certainly applies to the VIP ticket area.

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 19 2012, 08:51 AM)

Denver
Salt Lake City
Milwaukee
Manhattan
Fort Lauderdale/Miami
Raleigh

From all of us in the Greater Denver Metro Area: You better be right!!!

What I want to know is, do the VIP tix still enter you into a drawing for a meet and greet, as they did in the past? I don't see this mentioned this year, so I fear not. This is a factor in whether I go for them or not.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Apr 20 2012, 12:05 AM)
QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 19 2012, 06:51 AM)

Denver
Salt Lake City
Milwaukee
Manhattan
Fort Lauderdale/Miami
Raleigh

I think and am hoping they will break for the holidays and then continue in the spring.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if a second leg doesn't happen. And I'd guess that it'd happen just as you hope: Break for the holis then get back out there in spring. trink39.gif

WOW. They're playing Brooklyn! biggrin.gif

But I'll still end up at PrudC in New Jersey...

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 19 2012, 06:51 AM)

Denver
Salt Lake City
Milwaukee
Manhattan
Fort Lauderdale/Miami
Raleigh

im hoping for a Red Rocks show in 2013. Never been there and I've always wanted to see Rush at that venue.

I did the VIP thing on the 1st leg of the TMT, I got 15th row Ged's side, 2 seats from the inner aisle. I didn't mind until a couple of GIANTS had seats in front of me unsure.gif

Thank goodness the 2 guys on the left of me let us scoot over so we could see. I don't think I'll do the VIP this time.

Snaked and Yorkie,

I agree fully with the ticket "nonsense." It is a self-fulfilling prophecy that all the "movements" started by guys like Pearl Jam that would keep tickets away from scalpers have made it easier for scalpers to get tickets. And I haven't heard diddly squat about the so-called investigation into Ticketmaster when a few years ago they were caught sending people to their scalping-priced site instead of their regular ticket site minutes after Bruce Springsteen tickets went on sale.

I think we have to deal with the fact that ticketing is a monopoly and the scalpers will continue to take tickets from fans. And, sadly, the artists, who are getting more and more removed from their fans due to creating layers of people around them, per an article in a business magazine some year back, and no longer being able to count on album sales to generate the kinds of revenue it once did, will probably not care to do much of anything about it.

Atrocious yes. But seeing RUSH, or any concert by a group you love, is sort of like a prostrate exam these days-you may not like the pain of the process but you gotta do it and feel better for having done it.

Anyone having trouble registering for the fan club on rush.com? I enter my name and email and click "subscribe" but nothing seems to happen. Obv want to get things squared away before mondays pre-sale. please advise if possible thanks!

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Apr 21 2012, 12:06 PM)
Anyone having trouble registering for the fan club on rush.com?  I enter my name and email and click "subscribe" but nothing seems to happen.  Obv want to get things squared away before mondays pre-sale.  please advise if possible thanks!

I had no problem. Maybe it's just over loaded. tongue.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Apr 21 2012, 03:20 PM)
Try this,

Click on the enter Rush button on the bottom of the page. Once there, you will see the newsletter sign up near the bottom. 2.gif trink39.gif

I think that worked, thank you! havent received the newsletter my friend forwarded to me, but I think im in business. trink39.gif

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Apr 21 2012, 12:27 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Apr 21 2012, 03:20 PM)
Try this,

Click on the enter Rush button on the bottom of the page. Once there, you will see the newsletter sign up near the bottom. 2.gif  trink39.gif

I think that worked, thank you! havent received the newsletter my friend forwarded to me, but I think im in business. trink39.gif

2.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Apr 19 2012, 08:04 AM)
QUOTE (chrisw25 @ Apr 19 2012, 07:16 AM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Apr 19 2012, 06:37 AM)
Not everywhere. Toronto is the 23rd, most don't have dates.

Where did you hear the 23rd in Toronto? All sites I've seen say 'On sale soon'.

Google "rush 2012 Toronto" there's an article with ticket prices and a date. No mention of VIP prices though.

Could you please post the link you referred to in your google search? who is the vendor selling the tickets? thanks.