Headlong Flight official Lyrics Video out

The Big Money

Did they get some of the lyrics wrong? At the :58 second mark it sounds like Geddy sings 'This didn't always feel that way' and the TV says 'It didn't always feel that way' Edited by Strangiato

DAMN F-ING COOL!!!

The editing throughout that video makes it look like all those Geddys, Alexs and Neils from through-out Rush's history are all really playing the song in concert.

Love the "TV Credits" and "Movie Titles" print of the lyrics and all that. (That Zeppelin doesn't look steam-driven though!)

All this and they're hitting Chicago on Sept. 15th, too. Not sure if we'll see them then or get ourselves back out to Vegas November 23rd.

My Sweet Baby and I saw Rush at the MGM on our Wedding night, August 14th, 2010. I think I've got to try to get us back out there for the CA tour now too.

WHAT A RUSH!!!

That was a million times better than the surreal for the sake of surreal ridiculous video for Far Cry.

VERY cool, and the sound quality is so much better than the RS link - I'm digging this song more and more!

Also, it's a HELL of a lot better than Caravan and BU2B! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

This video should be nominated for some award, be it a Grammy or whatever. It's the slickest thing I've seen in many years...... new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Apr 19 2012, 03:52 PM)
This video should be nominated for some award, be it a Grammy or whatever. It's the slickest thing I've seen in many years...... new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I don't know if it'll get nominated, but it's EXCELLENT as a promotional tool. I have heard these various criticisms over the years - some from fans, some from haters:

- lyrics are "crowbarred in"

- Geddy doesn't enunciate clearly

- I can't understand him, the music is too busy

- nerd rock / math rock / too much philosophy to follow

Then there are Rush's strong points:

- longevity

- virtuoso musicianship

The video manages to emphasize those positives with the concert footage and spin the negatives to the band's advantage with the lyrics right there on the screen. Kudos to the video maker for cleverly using the fonts / title style and for tying it all together with the Steampunk cabinet. Well done. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Apr 19 2012, 08:16 AM)
Oh shit, I thought this was fan made. laugh.gif Was thinking that's damn pretty creative for being made in one day! haha

There is a

that's pretty good, and in the same vein, being set to live performances in parts, but it doesn't have lyrics.

It is a very well made video. It's funny that the older vids are so cheesy to watch these days. Suddenly they have this. If they had put out something this good in the 1980s or even the 90s they might have won an MTV video award (for whatever that piece of crap is worth). tongue.gif