Rolling Stone released the song first....

vital signz

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 18 2012, 07:50 PM)
They care about nothing but $$$. They're a business. What happened today when they released it? Traffic spike, show that to their advertisers, raise ad space cost.

They don't care about us or anyone else, they just want traffic. They know Rush has fans and they want us coming there. To think they're just doing us some sort of favor is silly.

goodpost.gif

I look at it this way - Rush is too big/tempting for them to ignore anymore, even though they might like to! Rush is an offer they can't refuse without hurting themselves tongue.gif

It's sort of like the RRHOF situation: They put Rush in, Rush gets publicity. They don't put Rush in, Rush gets publicity. Either way, Rush wins.

Rush is in control here. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 18 2012, 06:50 PM)
They care about nothing but $$$. They're a business. What happened today when they released it? Traffic spike, show that to their advertisers, raise ad space cost.

They don't care about us or anyone else, they just want traffic. They know Rush has fans and they want us coming there. To think they're just doing us some sort of favor is silly.

Perfect...

QUOTE (vital signz @ Apr 18 2012, 05:46 PM)
Rolling Stone has always been unkind to Rush and fans, but lately they have done more pieces on the band and it hit me that maybe they are doing this today as a peace offering and an attempt to be cool to Rush and fans.

What do you all think?

Who cares I havent bought RS for years Worthless RAG

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 19 2012, 09:50 AM)
QUOTE (vital signz @ Apr 18 2012, 08:46 PM)
Rolling Stone has always been unkind to Rush and fans, but lately they have done more pieces on the band and it hit me that maybe they are doing this today as a peace offering and an attempt to be cool to Rush and fans.

What to you all think?

I think I wouldnt even wipe my ass with Rolling Stone.

I wouldn't either. I would piss on a stack of RS mags though.

P.S. I echo trenken's thoughts. yes.gif

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Apr 20 2012, 01:01 AM)
I admit that if Rolling Stone puts Rush on the cover that yes, I will buy it.

Names/Insults? Bring them on. I'll have a copy when you change your mind and wish you had bought one.

Well, yeah.

It's going to be worth big money...when else would you ever find Rush and RS together?! It's a RARE item. ph34r.gif