Are you going to buy Headlong Flight?

danielmclark

Are you going to buy Headlong Flight?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to buy Headlong Flight?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only if the Rolling Stone stream goes away

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (deslock @ Apr 18 2012, 10:24 PM)
This song is incredible. I'm stunned anyone who likes it wouldn't pay the price of a candy bar.

I grabbed the stream using Audio Hijack Pro (OSX) to hold me over until it's available on Amazon or iTunes, at which point I will buy it. I will also buy the album, of course.

For me, not wearing it out before the album is out is why I won't buy it.

Having 3 songs worn out before the album is released diminishes it some for me.

QUOTE (deslock @ Apr 18 2012, 10:24 PM)
This song is incredible. I'm stunned anyone who likes it wouldn't pay the price of a candy bar.

yes.gif

I grabbed the stream using Audio Hijack Pro (OSX) to hold me over until it's available on Amazon or iTunes, at which point I will buy it.  I will also buy the album, of course.

Me too. And thanks for the reference to "Audio Hijack Pro." You answered my question from this thread:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=73150

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Apr 19 2012, 02:34 PM)
Absolutely! I owe it to Rush to purchase this song and not steal it for free. It phucking rocks and deserves my money

Nobody is saying anything about stealing. The stream is out there, for free, from Rolling Stone. We have the option to listen to it as much as we want, unless RS pulls it of course, between now and the album release.

There's no reason for anyone to steal this thing.

I mean, unless someone wants the higher-quality version that will be sold on the 24th and just doesn't want to pay for it.

But aside from that, which is kind of a dick move for any real Rush fan, really... no reason to steal it.

On the other hand...

If you're going to buy the whole album when it comes out anyway, is it really stealing to download a song in advance? What about albums that you've already bought? That's a whole 'nother philosophical discussion.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 19 2012, 03:45 PM)
If you're going to buy the whole album when it comes out anyway, is it really stealing to download a song in advance? What about albums that you've already bought? That's a whole 'nother philosophical discussion.

Yeah, whole other discussion. I mean if we're going to talk in hypotheticals, and somebody just wanted an mp3 version they could listen to until it was commercially available, they could just watch the official lyric video version on YouTube, paste the url into the blank space on video2mp3.net and download it. Hypothetically.

QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Apr 19 2012, 03:22 PM)
...they could just watch the official lyric video version on YouTube, paste the url into the blank space on video2mp3.net and download it. Hypothetically.

You're my hero.

There are a lot of videos on YouTube - non-commercial - that I would *love* to have the audio of.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 19 2012, 05:40 PM)
...they could just watch the official lyric video version on YouTube, paste the url into the blank space on video2mp3.net and download it. Hypothetically.

You're my hero.

There are a lot of videos on YouTube - non-commercial - that I would *love* to have the audio of.

http://www.convertvideotoaudio.com/

Works also smile.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Apr 19 2012, 04:31 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 19 2012, 05:40 PM)

You're my hero.

http://www.convertvideotoaudio.com/

Works also smile.gif

Oooooooh and that site does more than just MP3, there's a whole bunch'a formats wub.gif

No, because I'll be buying it on the album (twice - CD and vinyl). If I were able to listen to the single in my car or at work in the meantime, I'd think about it, but since home is the only place I can really listen to it, I'll tide myself over with the stream/YouTube. Now if they all get taken down, maybe.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 18 2012, 06:30 PM)
Will we be able to buy the full version? Or only the radio edit? I have no need to spend money on the radio edit, but would buy the full to get better sound quality. "I'd buy that for a dollar!"

I tend to agree, but I'd like to hear the edit out of sheer curiosity

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 20 2012, 07:52 AM)
QUOTE (MarKo @ Apr 20 2012, 12:43 AM)
Just downloaded it from iTunes. 16mb which is way bigger than the web stream.
Looking forward to blasting it out....

How did you get it from iTunes when it's not up for sale until next week?

I think he mean I-toonz. It's kinda like buying a Rodex watch from the guy outside the airport.

Absolutely, I can tell that "Headlong Flight" available on stream has been slightly altered. There is some sort of effect obscuring the perfected sound that is Caravan and BU2B. I'm sure the download version will be exactly like the CD and the aforementioned songs .....there in! <---- My best Bugs Bunny!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k