So...Do you like Headlong Flight?  

267 members have voted

1. 1. So...Do you like Headlong Flight?

• Love it!
    • Like it.
    • It's ok.
    • Don't like it.
    • Hate it.

Has someone really expressed hatred for it or (as I suspect) did some tool just vote "Hate It" merely to be a smartass?

Because if someone does really hate it enough to pick that poll option, they should have the stones to explain why.

Edited by Mara

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 18 2012, 05:42 PM)
Has someone really expressed hatred for it or (as I suspect) did some tool just vote "Hate It" merely to be a smartass? 

Because if someone does really hate it enough to pick that poll option, they should have the stones to explain why.

I think I know who it was...and yeah...this person is a tool bekloppt.gif, although this person might not like the song either which wouldn't surprise me. wink.gif

And that's all I will say about that. ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 18 2012, 04:42 PM)

yes.gif sack up! laugh.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Apr 18 2012, 05:01 PM)

I read this post and almost voted hated it by accident laugh.gif There's three in every bunch. The other two will show up later rofl3.gif

It's alright. Sounds like something that was scrapped for Snakes & Arrows though. Not saying that I hate it, but I was expecting more. Definitely prefer Caravan & BU2B. I'm looking forward to hearing Seven Cities of Gold and the title track.

That being said, the solo section in the middle is killer...and the "Bastille Day" part at the beginning before they kick in to the verse is sloppy...

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Apr 18 2012, 05:01 PM)

It's got to be trenken or GeminiRising. yes.gif

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Apr 18 2012, 05:17 PM)
Somewhere between Like and Love, so for now I went with Like.

I definitely prefer it to Caravan and BU2B, mostly for the FBN/COS vibe. 1022.gif

i wonder if they took a few hits before making this tune, to give it that fbn/cos feel. cool10.gif

Its a keeper and much better than Caravan/Bu2B. The guitars are the big winners on this song. I like the evolution of the Bastille Day riff into something we've heard before on Vapor Trails with the wall of guitar sound on Nocturne/Earthshine/Ceiling Unlimited but it just kicks ass! biggrin.gif Hope the rest of the album follows the same vein. Geddy's yell at the end loses its effect in this online stream. Can't wait to hear a properly mixed version.

This poll looks like it's going to wind up with similar numbers to the other two polls I started. Positive feedback in the mid 90 percentile. If these numbers continue for more songs from the record we could be talking classic record here 2.gif

I absolutely LOVE Headlong Flight.

....however....

I HATE the sound of this version. The music survives well enough but it absolutely destroys Geddy's vocals.

Caravan and BU2B are crystal clear. If they re-recorded to sound like this we will indeed have Vapor Trails 2. My fingers are crossed that this is just a low quality version.

Please let me be right....

I like it.

I'm kinda scratching my head over why I don't love it, since it has so many elements in it that I would typically love.

Maybe more melody would have made it a better song for me. Or maybe a little more space to breath...I dunno.