Need Help with Great New Music! Can't Find Any!

rushgoober

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Imaginos @ May 18 2012, 03:22 AM)
I spent the last of my eMusic credits on the self titled album by Diagonal. It's even more retro sounding than Astra.

There's a local record store that has the used CD very cheap. I'm considering it - listened to some of it previously on youtube and really liked it, except I thought the vocals were slightly weak - they could grow on me - I'll probably end up getting it...

Airbag - Identity

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ May 15 2012, 12:05 PM)
QUOTE (Snowman @ May 14 2012, 03:57 PM)
Have you heard Von Hertzen Brothers?

My Webpage

They are tremendous. So melodic.

Stars Aligned was one of my favourites from last year.

trink39.gif

They have indeed become one of my favourite bands the last few years. The 3 brothers from Finland! That trumpet solo on The Willing Victim is just pure awesomeness!! 1022.gif

A few more links for you to check out....

-Storm Corrosion: Lock Howl

-Riverside: Forgotten Land

If Riverside is to Metally for you, Riverside's Frontman has a solo side project that has the beauty of Riverside without the metal called Lunatic Soul)

-Lunatic Soul: Escape From Paradice

- I sent you an album by a guy named Paul Cusick, I can't remember if you liked it much or not... he does have a 2nd album out now called "P'Dice", but I could not find any samples

- Heather Findlay (formerly of Mostly Autumn):

Phoenix

- Beardfish: Tightrope

- Demians: Rainbow Ruse

- The Tangent:

- Mostly Autumn : Heroes Never Die

- Karnivool:

- Tempest: (Don't Know how much you liked to get into the really Folkish prog, but these guys are way out there...very "Irish Pub Prog")

- Phideaux:

(just posted in another Prog thread too)

Check out Blue Mammoth. YouTube vids with full tracks on the main page.

I think I have an answer for you. Check out this band: http://kingbathmat.bandcamp.com/album/truth-button

They might be a bit heavy for your taste but they have some real retro british prog leanings. Unfortunately, their stuff is only available digitally but hopefully they will eventually start pressing some stuff on vinyl

Hipgnosis - Relusion

Listen to album

Described as old school Prog. It is sort of Space Rock.

I'm too lazy to go back and check but I think someone recommended IZZ. I'm listening to their new album Crush of Night and its really good. I think it may be something that you'd enjoy. Gary Green plays on 2 tracks - Words and Miracles & Half The Way.

This is the only song from the new album that I could find on Youtube:

Edited by ColdFireYYZ

Forgive me peeps, as I went through a phase of checking out new music a little while back when I started this thread, and I checked out a lot of bands (some of which I actually LIKED!) that people suggested. Recently I haven't had the energy to do it more, but I do appreciate all the suggestions, and when I go through another bout of checking new bands out (which doubtlessly will be soon), I'll be sure to click on all the links and check out what people have suggested! smile.gif trink39.gif