Push play or....hit skip twice

Motorshooter

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going right to the 3rd track

Play it from the beginning, whether "Caravan" and "BU2B" were re-recorded or not.

This is a concept album; the song are all inter-related. Best to hear the story fresh from the beginning.

I want the story from start to finish, not pick up the book and start reading on page 33. I know we've heard the first two "chapters", but in the meantime, the "editors" have been at work. Changes to the original could be important ones. cool.gif

I will play it backwards first... especially that Antichrist song! lol

QUOTE (third hand grace @ Apr 18 2012, 09:07 AM)
I will play it backwards first... especially that Antichrist song! lol

That's "Anarchist." laugh.gif

Well...I personally am hoping for re-recorded versions of Caravan and BU2B, and with the extra minute of BU2B listed, I see no reason to not play it from the beginning.

It's only 10 minutes...and with the concept, it makes sense to play from the beginning! 1022.gif

I've listened to them enough that 1 more time won't hurt, plus by that time it will have been over 2 years, what's 10 more minutes.

Besides I'm sure Headlong Flight will have received plenty of plays by then as well, but I'm not skipping that either.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 18 2012, 09:22 AM)
Whole thing. Caravan and BU2B have been rerecorded. They removed all the repetition from Caravan, and BU2B is now pro-religion and the Watchmaker is the hero of the story.

That's a fact, Jack.

laugh.gif

Well I want to hear the proper CD versions, plus have they been re-recorded, new elements added for album purposes? Obviously this is the case with BU2B as it's nearly a minute longer.

Also I want to hear the album as it was intended to be heard, and remember you can only listen to an album for the first time once.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 18 2012, 09:22 AM)
Whole thing. Caravan and BU2B have been rerecorded. They removed all the repetition from Caravan, and BU2B is now pro-religion and the Watchmaker is the hero of the story.

That's a fact, Jack.

pokey.gif

QUOTE (Jaminbenb @ Apr 18 2012, 08:37 AM)
My ritual for the past 30 years of getting the new "album" on the day it's released will be the same....

"Put the needle down" and let it run top to bottom....

Well, if you do that, that'll get you the first 3 songs on side 1 of the first record. You might want to get up and flip the thing over and change records.

Ha!