2012 - 09/20 - Columbus, OH

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Snaked @ May 11 2012, 10:03 AM)
yes, floor 1 row c but the outside aisle.
not a good seat IMO.

and floor 1 row s, inside aisle. decent seat but if I'm going to drive to CBus I need to be closer than that.

did you find those on Music Today or what?

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ May 11 2012, 11:04 AM)
not a good seat IMO.

and floor 1 row s, inside aisle.  decent seat but if I'm going to drive to CBus I need to be closer than that.

did you find those on Music Today or what?

on TM this morning.

single seats, not pairs.

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ May 11 2012, 11:05 AM)
Dude, no offense, but WTF?! I would give my left nut for 3rd row seats!!

I'm a seat snob and I admit it.

I've seen these guys well over 100 times since 1980 and I dont buy seats I consider less than acceptable especially if I'm going to be driving 4 hours each way for the show.

Anyone else who looked at the Ticketmaster Platinum tickets, can you tell me if I am just insane or if this is true.

I could have sworn the TM Plat tickets this morning were all FLR 1 and now they're all FLR 3? Were they always all FLR 3 and I am just a crazy person? Let me know.

The batch this morning was in fact Floor1 and now it's Floor3.

You're not crazy... well, I dont know you well enough to say you're not entirely crazy http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

QUOTE (Snaked @ May 11 2012, 02:36 PM)
The batch this morning was in fact Floor1 and now it's Floor3.
You're not crazy... well, I dont know you well enough to say you're not entirely crazy http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

I might be partially crazy but at least I'm not seeing things.

not a good seat IMO.

and floor 1 row s, inside aisle. decent seat but if I'm going to drive to CBus I need to be closer than that.

I got floor 3 row T right in front of Alex and I'm driving 3 1/2 hours. I'm satisfied http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Starting to get antsy. Ticketmaster says no more tickets right now. I mean, of course there's still Platinum tickets. And I AM going to buy Platinum tickets. But the floor 1 Row E ones are seats 3-4 and I'm kind of nervous those won't be the best seats, being on very right side of the stage like that. Of course, my row 6 seats at Germain Ampitheatre were seats 3-4 I believe, but that was a different venue.... should I just do it? I don't know.

I just don't want to wait too long and get totally screwed but I want to keep holding out. Because if I buy tickets now and something better comes along I'll kick myself forever.

I can't help but wonder what Platinum tickets I missed while I was on vacation for 4 days. Ugh.

Hold firm, you're going to be fine.

I wouldnt take those outside edge seats... but thats me.

There will be more popping out in time.

And I've been checking.. you havent missed a thing aside from bad platinums.

QUOTE (Snaked @ May 19 2012, 10:38 AM)
Hold firm, you're going to be fine.
I wouldnt take those outside edge seats... but thats me.

There will be more popping out in time.

And I've been checking.. you havent missed a thing aside from bad platinums.

Yeah I think I'm just going to keep holding out for something better.

Thanks for the advice as always, Snaked.

http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/trink39.gif

Hello,

In case anyone is interested and is making the trip to the Cleveland, OH show at Quicken Loans Arena for the Sunday Oct 28th show.......

My Rush Tribute band (Distant Signals) will be performing on Saturday Oct 27th at Wilbert's downtown Cleveland, just a few blocks from the Q.

Hope we can get some Ohio Rush fans out to our show. We'll be playing a ton of rare songs you would NEVER expect to hear, plus a few from Clockwork Angels.

Spread the word please and Rush On http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/1022.gif

Hi all,

I'm from Detroit, but I'm thinking of going to see Rush in Columbus. What's the venue like, and approximately how long of a trip is it? Also, is Columbus a pretty good audience for Rush? Can anyone compare to Detroit? Thanks!

QUOTE (anticlockwise @ Jul 14 2012, 05:14 PM)
Hi all,
I'm from Detroit, but I'm thinking of going to see Rush in Columbus. What's the venue like, and approximately how long of a trip is it? Also, is Columbus a pretty good audience for Rush? Can anyone compare to Detroit? Thanks!

CBus is about 3.5 hours from Detroit depending on where you are starting from.

Nationwide Arena is a great venue in a nicer part of town.

Parking is easy although you should get there early because the streets get backed up pretty bad around the arena as showtime approaches.

CBus crowds are typically pretty good.

I've seen RUSH there several times at the old Polaris Amphitheater as well as the baseball stadium they have down there (on the Presto tour).

It's a fairly easy drive.. but since it's 2 nights after the Detroit show I'll be skipping it this time around unless something changes as the tour gets closer.

As we are rapidly approaching August it means less than 2 months for the show. With my office downtown being within 3-4 blocks of the Arena District, do folks want me to start looking for particulars with regards to a venue (food type, beer selections, space, other activities, etc...)?

wouldn't the logical spot be that courtyard right behind the arena with all those little restaurants/bars and outdoor seating?

no idea what that area is called but it's literally right at the back door of the arena.

Yes you are absolutely right Snaked and that extends from right there at the main entrance plaza with 343 Front St. Tavern/Buca di Beppo down below going north to a pub (forget the name), Gordon Biersch, R Bar, Brothers, BBR, Garage Bar, Park Street Cantina, Bar Louie, Callahans Pub and lots of others. It's all within a 5 minute walk which is why I asked about folks preferences. There's also a Chipotle and a W.G. Grinders for people that want a quick bite before drinking.

QUOTE (Transylvania Twist @ Jul 25 2012, 08:40 AM)
Yes you are absolutely right Snaked and that extends from right there at the main entrance plaza with 343 Front St. Tavern/Buca di Beppo down below going north to a pub (forget the name), Gordon Biersch, R Bar, Brothers, BBR, Garage Bar, Park Street Cantina, Bar Louie, Callahans Pub and lots of others. It's all within a 5 minute walk which is why I asked about folks preferences. There's also a Chipotle and a W.G. Grinders for people that want a quick bite before drinking.

That would be great, I plan on having a few drinks and socializing a little before the show but of course I wouldn't want to have to drive anywhere. Looking forward to meeting some fans http://www.therushforum.com/html/emoticons/trink39.gif

I'm looking for a single ticket for Columbus. Not being picky but would like floor within the first 15 rows. That being said, I wouls be interested in hearing about others. PM me with what you may have.

Thank you.

Archived