RUSH WITH AN ORCHESTRA

Janie

Do you want your Rush with a side of strings?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want your Rush with a side of strings?

• I would love to see Rush perform with an orchestra.
    • I would be horrified to see Rush perform with an orchestra.
    • I don't care either way.

Absolutely!!! I think it would be amazing. Can you imagine seeing Marathon or Losing It with an orchestra? Epic!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An incredibly good orchestra can deliver sound that is incredibly powerful, and pack a real punch.

If Rush were to do it, I suspect it'd only be for a few songs, and with Rush's high standards, I don't think they'd do it unless it sounded amazing.

I'll vote yes.

QUOTE (Snyder80 @ Apr 30 2012, 12:11 AM)
Absolutely!!! I think it would be amazing. Can you imagine seeing Marathon or Losing It with an orchestra? Epic!

Not to mention "Tears", "Manhattan Project", Different Strings", "Available Light" It will be a completerly different Set list than what we are acustomed too.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (robertjames1971 @ May 2 2012, 09:12 PM)
If its more than three people it's not Rush.

^^^ +1!

Geddy, Alex, and Neil is all I need... wink.gif

Edited by rushbass

QUOTE (vital signz @ Apr 16 2012, 09:29 PM)
Two words: Losing It!!!!!

Two more...Manhattan Project.

QUOTE (greg2112 @ May 3 2012, 07:41 AM)
Screw that. I would likely put the tickets I bought up for sale.

Liar.

No orchestra. Please.

Styx, Kansas, Metallica etc, sooo cliche and predictable.

I would rather hear an unplugged show, which is the other cliche format for an old rock band.

For something really new and exciting- what about a tour with their progressive fellow countryman: Deadmou5?

Think of it: Deadmou5 Rush doing a P/G to TFE set? Now THAT would be exciting and unexpected!

QUOTE (Animate @ May 3 2012, 08:22 AM)

I would rather hear an unplugged show

no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif no.gif

I would seriously stay home if they did an unplugged show. No joke, no exaggeration. 3 hours of Rush unplugged? That would be terrible.

The orchestra idea? I'd get tickets. Then I'd listen to a few bootlegs before they came around to my city. Then I'd probably put the tickets up on Stubhub because doing a Rush concert with an orchestra would probably suck. I'd get tickets to hedge my bet, but... no. It would suck.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 3 2012, 09:57 AM)
I would seriously stay home if they did an unplugged show. No joke, no exaggeration. 3 hours of Rush unplugged? That would be terrible.

This. atickhum.gif

I think that some people are making way too much of the rumor about the orchestra. They didn't advertise it that way when they announced the tour. It just said "An Evening with RUSH" not "An Orchestral Evening with RUSH" or anything like that. All we have to go on is a couple of really old interviews and RIAB saying that it was a rumor.

I'm thinking that the whole orchestral thing died, R.I.P, the day that they announced the tour.

EDIT: Of course now that I said all of this, Rush is probably going to announce that they will be touring with an orchestra, DJ, marching band and complete 3 ring circus.

EDIT: Poison will be opening.

Edited by Dscrapre

For something really new and exciting- what about a tour with their progressive fellow countryman: Deadmou5?

Think of it: Deadmou5 Rush doing a P/G to TFE set? Now THAT would be exciting and unexpected!

I'd almost actually be really psyched to see that, except Deadmau5 kind of jumped the shark with his last album.... it's hard to call his stuff progressive anymore.

QUOTE (Dscrapre @ May 3 2012, 09:07 AM)
I think that some people are making way too much of the rumor about the orchestra. They didn't advertise it that way when they announced the tour. It just said "An Evening with RUSH" not "An Orchestral Evening with RUSH" or anything like that. All we have to go on is a couple of really old interviews and RIAB saying that it was a rumor.

I'm thinking that the whole orchestral thing died, R.I.P, the day that they announced the tour.

EDIT: Of course now that I said all of this, Rush is probably going to announce that they will be touring with an orchestra, DJ, marching band and complete 3 ring circus.

Poison! No no, I heard from a very good source that in fact Barbara Streisand was going to step in to help out with those high notes.

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 3 2012, 09:22 AM)
For something really new and exciting- what about a tour with their progressive fellow countryman:  Deadmou5?   

Think of it:  Deadmou5 Rush doing a P/G to TFE set?  Now THAT would be exciting and unexpected!

I'd almost actually be really psyched to see that, except Deadmau5 kind of jumped the shark with his last album.... it's hard to call his stuff progressive anymore.

Oh no!, I didn't know that ohmy.gif Sad. Still, his huge old school Space Invaders neck tattoo gets some points.

Actually, the more that I contemplate a Deadmou5/ Rush collaboration- (which, to make it clear to all the literalists around here, was suggested tongue in cheek), it might be intriguing.

QUOTE (Animate @ May 3 2012, 11:17 AM)
Then maybe a Roll the Bones remix with Eminem!

ohmy.gif

no.gif

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Dscrapre @ May 3 2012, 09:07 AM)

Oh God please not Poison! The clowns I could take. Hell we already had a preview of that during the opening of Limelight last year! But God no/, no Poison!

062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 3 2012, 10:35 AM)
QUOTE (Animate @ May 3 2012, 11:17 AM)
Then maybe a Roll the Bones remix with Eminem!

ohmy.gif

no.gif

tongue.gif

Who knows? Would sure be more exciting than an orchestra!