Lost In Xanadu

After watching the first series with my kids, we were looking forward to the new one beginning this weekend.

The story was the Avatar was the last air bender, and he had to save their world from the fire nation. There were 4 tribes: fire, water, earth, air. Each tribe had special "benders" that could control their element... the avatar can master all elements. The new series picked up 70 years later with the new Avatar from the water tribe.

It's a very good series - look for the Legend of Korra

Excellent show! My favorite animated series ever. I'm 21, but I think this show can be enjoyed by anyone... my college friends introduced me to it. The characters, stories, world, and everything is just spectacular!

Just don't watch the live-action film... 062802puke_prv.gif Truly a travesty.

I heard the Legend of Korra debuted yesterday? Can't wait to see it! Guess I'll have to wait for the DVD/Netflix release.

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Apr 15 2012, 03:38 PM)
My son loved the first series.

He seemed ambivalent about the new one, for some reason.

I think he does not handle change well...

laugh.gif

Why? Cuz the new Avatar is a girl? biggrin.gif

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ Apr 15 2012, 07:45 PM)
Excellent show! My favorite animated series ever. I'm 21, but I think this show can be enjoyed by anyone... my college friends introduced me to it. The characters, stories, world, and everything is just spectacular!

Just don't watch the live-action film... 062802puke_prv.gif Truly a travesty.

I heard the Legend of Korra debuted yesterday? Can't wait to see it! Guess I'll have to wait for the DVD/Netflix release.

Yeah, same thing with me, but my kids got me watching and I really liked it

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 15 2012, 06:48 PM)
QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ Apr 15 2012, 07:45 PM)

Just don't watch the live-action film... 062802puke_prv.gif  Truly a travesty.

Yeah, same thing with me, but my kids got me watching and I really liked it

Heck, I watched it and I was in my early 30's at the time. It was a good show. Very tightly written, not a lot of fluff, and it was intelligent. It didn't talk down to the viewer like a lot of animated shows.

And the martial arts in the show are all based on real world martial arts, which is pretty great.

LOVE Avatar: TLAB. I watched it when it was around, and am so glad they made the Korra spinoff. I'm 20 and I still love it. I just rewatched all of TLAB last summer on netflix. One of my all time favs :U

And the movie sucks major ass. It had so much potential. The actor for Aang was perfect if he could just recite his lines better and have more emotion. Although Zuko's actor probably did the best, I didn't like that they altered his race. I'm not racist by any means, but it's so ridiculous to take a MAJOR character from the series and have him all of a sudden be a different race. And not to mention the pacing of the story. Ugh, it's just a mess. But it was doomed as soon as M Night Shamalamadingdong's name was attached to it. I could go on and on about whats wrong with it but I'm gonna have to hit the rantoff.gif button.

Edited by Echoes

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 15 2012, 05:47 PM)
QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Apr 15 2012, 03:38 PM)
My son loved the first series.

He seemed ambivalent about the new one, for some reason.

I think he does not handle change well...

laugh.gif

Why? Cuz the new Avatar is a girl? biggrin.gif

No, he just needed to warm up to it. Change in general is tough for him.

We've watched all the episodes of Korra so far, and he really likes it now.