Amazon.com US Clockwork Angels CD LOW Price Watch

Presto-a RUSH fan!

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 11 2012, 01:02 PM)
QUOTE (GUP1771 @ Jun 8 2012, 03:03 PM)
QUOTE (Snaked @ Jun 8 2012, 12:36 PM)
I have another friend who emailed shortly after I told him about this and he got the price knocked down to $9.99 as well.

Don't ask them to match the price, ask them if they know if they plan on lowering the price because you know you can buy it for $9.99 at Best Buy.

It's a slight difference in approach... but it makes a difference.
Also, I suggest going through email rather than chat or talking to somebody on the phone.

Make sure to include the Best Buy link.

Did exactly what you said, and again received the same thing:

"With the exception of TVs, Amazon doesn't offer a price match guarantee. We do consistently work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry. Because the marketplace is constantly changing and we strive to offer the lowest price, you'll see some fluctuations in our prices over time.

However, you can let us know about a lower price by clicking the "tell us about a lower price" link in the Product Details section of any product page."

I didn't even mention anything about price matching, and they still wrote that. It seems they don't want to be bothered. My advice to people is not even bother trying to ask Amazon. Either take the lowest price you've been guaranteed over the pre-order process, or just get it somewhere else cheaper. They aren't giving any effort to make a difference. They are telling it like it is and won't help you further. So yeah, save your time and don't bother hassling them. tongue.gif

I'm gonna stick with getting it through Amazon only because there isn't a Best Buy in close vicinity, and I have prime, so I'll be getting it the day it releases anyway.

Yep, amazon doesn't price match. They don't lower music prices. This is my first big disappointment with amazon in all the years i've done business with them. Whatever. I'd have stuck with them if BB wasn't down the road. There's also a Target near me.. I think they're also $9.99. In any event, we'll both be rocking to CA tomorrow trink39.gif

haha, I wish I was, but now I need to wait. If Amazon couldn't piss me off more, they delayed my delivery and said it wouldn't be here until June 14th, two days after when they said I would receive it. I pre-ordered from them back in March, and they screw me over a day before release. Oh well, I cancelled my order, went to bestbuy.com, and purchased it with a better deal and free shipping (Best Buy isn't right down the road from me). Amazon really screwed up here. It's not like them.

I guess I can wait for the CD to come later this week! tongue.gif

Edited by GUP1771

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GUP1771 @ Jun 11 2012, 01:12 PM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 11 2012, 01:02 PM)
QUOTE (GUP1771 @ Jun 8 2012, 03:03 PM)
QUOTE (Snaked @ Jun 8 2012, 12:36 PM)
I have another friend who emailed shortly after I told him about this and he got the price knocked down to $9.99 as well.

Don't ask them to match the price, ask them if they know if they plan on lowering the price because you know you can buy it for $9.99 at Best Buy.

It's a slight difference in approach... but it makes a difference.
Also, I suggest going through email rather than chat or talking to somebody on the phone.

Make sure to include the Best Buy link.

Did exactly what you said, and again received the same thing:

"With the exception of TVs, Amazon doesn't offer a price match guarantee. We do consistently work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry. Because the marketplace is constantly changing and we strive to offer the lowest price, you'll see some fluctuations in our prices over time.

However, you can let us know about a lower price by clicking the "tell us about a lower price" link in the Product Details section of any product page."

I didn't even mention anything about price matching, and they still wrote that. It seems they don't want to be bothered. My advice to people is not even bother trying to ask Amazon. Either take the lowest price you've been guaranteed over the pre-order process, or just get it somewhere else cheaper. They aren't giving any effort to make a difference. They are telling it like it is and won't help you further. So yeah, save your time and don't bother hassling them. tongue.gif

I'm gonna stick with getting it through Amazon only because there isn't a Best Buy in close vicinity, and I have prime, so I'll be getting it the day it releases anyway.

Yep, amazon doesn't price match. They don't lower music prices. This is my first big disappointment with amazon in all the years i've done business with them. Whatever. I'd have stuck with them if BB wasn't down the road. There's also a Target near me.. I think they're also $9.99. In any event, we'll both be rocking to CA tomorrow trink39.gif

haha, I wish I was, but now I need to wait. If Amazon couldn't piss me off more, they delayed my delivery and said it wouldn't be here until June 14th, two days after when they said I would receive it. I pre-ordered from them back in March, and they screw me over a day before release. Oh well, I cancelled my order, went to bestbuy.com, and purchased it with a better deal and free shipping (Best Buy isn't right down the road from me). Amazon really screwed up here. It's not like them.

I guess I can wait for the CD to come later this week! tongue.gif

Oh no, and, oh no! BB uses a 3rd party to ship. Based on my BB Time Machine blu ray experience, your order with BB will be untrackable and will arrive 3 or so days after release date. I hope I'm wrong in your case though. Ant Targets near you? Best of Luck!!

QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Jun 12 2012, 07:53 AM)
I know it's not THAT big of a deal. But, CA is #1 on Amazon best sellers right now, knocking Adele out of the top slot. It's probably temporary, but I didn't see John Mayer, The Beach Boys, or Neil Young do that.

The Beach Boys were at number one for a couple days. I don't know about the others though.

Bought two as gifts through iTunes and got credited $1 for each. I didn't see that coming but "cool beans!" 653.gif