Amazon.com US Clockwork Angels CD LOW Price Watch

Presto-a RUSH fan!

Price was still showing $14.88 for my order as of this morning so I sent an email to Customer Service asking if they were going to lower the price or not considering the price at Best Buy.

I provided the BB link and stated that it was getting late in the process since the disk was scheduled to arrive no later than this coming Tuesday and said if I have to cancel my order I will.

I just got a response from Amazon CS and they have lowered the price of my order to $9.99!

The disk is still showing the current $14.99 price on the product page but I thought I'd post this info in case anybody cares to contact CS and try to get them to do the same.

Good luck!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Snaked @ Jun 7 2012, 01:22 PM)
Price was still showing $14.88 for my order as of this morning so I sent an email to Customer Service asking if they were going to lower the price or not considering the price at Best Buy.

I provided the BB link and stated that it was getting late in the process since the disk was scheduled to arrive no later than this coming Tuesday and said if I have to cancel my order I will.

I just got a response from Amazon CS and they have lowered the price of my order to $9.99!

The disk is still showing the current $14.99 price on the product page but I thought I'd post this info in case anybody cares to contact CS and try to get them to do the same.

Good luck!

I did as you said. Bupkis. The CSR said to watch out for internet storytellers like you. laugh.gif But seriously, I provided the url, threatened to cancel my order. Bupkis. Kumar, his last name was, said they don't price match music. I did a chat. I should have used all caps and yelled. Oh well, I told him it was getting to be too much work to talk about it so I ended chat. I'll probably now cancel, and go BB. I can handle the store.. it's their lousy internet ordering that sucks.

edited to add, I cancelled amazon. I'm flying by the seat of my pants baby.

Nahh.. I'll probably pre-order at BB for store pickup.

further edited to add, BB does not have pre-order with store pickup yet. Alright, I'm flying again!

Edited by Lerxster

QUOTE (UltimoGuitarist @ Jun 7 2012, 07:35 PM)
isnt it going to be 9.99 at best buy?

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 7 2012, 08:12 PM)
Yes

Also, BestBuy.com is free shipping. You won't get it on Tuesday, but if you're looking for the best price . . .

QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Jun 8 2012, 07:24 AM)

Yes

Also, BestBuy.com is free shipping. You won't get it on Tuesday, but if you're looking for the best price . . .

You better believe you won't get it on Tues. With their 3rd party shipper, you'll be lucky to get it Fri. Best to just stop in.

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 8 2012, 08:28 AM)

Yes

You better believe you won't get it on Tues. With their 3rd party shipper, you'll be lucky to get it Fri. Best to just stop in.

BB.com it is...Friday is good with me.

We will be on vacation anyway next week and I already have it on my mp3 for the beach anyway

QUOTE (Khan @ Jun 8 2012, 07:32 AM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 8 2012, 08:28 AM)

Yes

BB.com it is...Friday is good with me.

We will be on vacation anyway next week and I already have it on my mp3 for the beach anyway

Don't forget your Coppertone. Surfs up! trink39.gif

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Jun 8 2012, 06:41 AM)
On another note, how good is the Amazon delivery system - in other words, if we preorder whats the likelihood we get the CD tuesday?

Almost guaranteed. Like, 99% guaranteed or better. I've never had something not delivered on time since being a Prime member. A couple of people in the forum have reported a missed delivery date, but they are in a very, very small minority.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jun 8 2012, 07:44 AM)
On another note, how good is the Amazon delivery system - in other words, if we preorder whats the likelihood we get the CD tuesday?

Almost guaranteed. Like, 99% guaranteed or better. I've never had something not delivered on time since being a Prime member. A couple of people in the forum have reported a missed delivery date, but they are in a very, very small minority.

This Prime looks like a great deal. I order from amazon a ton.

If you're on Prime it's very unlikely it'll be late.

The only time I've missed a delivery date since I've been on Prime is when they used some shoddy delivery company, Prestige and the dude dropped the package off at the wrong house, but on the right day.

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Jun 8 2012, 04:53 AM)

I've been using prime for 3 years, definitely worth it. Especially for someone like me who lives in California where sales tax is 10% On big items that's insane. Not only does Amazon have no tax (in most states) they are also generally cheaper than stores. Then add in the fact that prime has free 2 day shipping and $3.50'over night shipping (if you're impatient or need the item ASAP), it's a no brainer.

If you know anyone that is in college (can be Community college as well) Amazon prime is free with a student email.

QUOTE (Mr. Henry Gale @ Jun 8 2012, 09:29 AM)
QUOTE (greg2112 @ Jun 8 2012, 04:53 AM)

I've been using prime for 3 years, definitely worth it. Especially for someone like me who lives in California where sales tax is 10% On big items that's insane. Not only does Amazon have no tax (in most states) they are also generally cheaper than stores. Then add in the fact that prime has free 2 day shipping and $3.50'over night shipping (if you're impatient or need the item ASAP), it's a no brainer.

If you know anyone that is in college (can be Community college as well) Amazon prime is free with a student email.

You can also share Prime benefits with up to 4 "household" members.

I don't pay for Prime, I'm using my sisters acct.. she just shared her benefits with me and I get all the free 2 day shipping I want.

Granted I don't get the streaming video and all that other jazz.. but the free shipping is all I really care about anyway. Getting anything I order in 2 days is HUGE.

And no, I don't live with my sister.. they don't seem to care that we're not actually in the same house.

edit:

just Google "shame amazon prime" for directions on how to share Prime if you know somebody else who already pays for it.

Edited by Snaked

QUOTE (Snaked @ Jun 7 2012, 01:22 PM)

Good luck!

Well that's two of us reporting back about no success on amazon price matching BB. Looks like only you got lucky.

I have another friend who emailed shortly after I told him about this and he got the price knocked down to $9.99 as well.

Don't ask them to match the price, ask them if they know if they plan on lowering the price because you know you can buy it for $9.99 at Best Buy.

It's a slight difference in approach... but it makes a difference.

Also, I suggest going through email rather than chat or talking to somebody on the phone.

Make sure to include the Best Buy link.

QUOTE (Snaked @ Jun 8 2012, 12:36 PM)
I have another friend who emailed shortly after I told him about this and he got the price knocked down to $9.99 as well.

Don't ask them to match the price, ask them if they know if they plan on lowering the price because you know you can buy it for $9.99 at Best Buy.

Also, I suggest going through email rather than chat or talking to somebody on the phone.

Really? Amazon is like the soup nazi? I gotta ask them the right way? f**k them. smile.gif smile.gif

From the Amazon website:

Price Matching

With the exception of TVs, Amazon.com doesn't price-match with other retailers (including those who sell their items on our website). We do, however, consistently work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry.

In some cases our website offers lower prices via the used and new offerings available from Amazon Marketplace sellers. For more information, see our Seller Help section.

QUOTE (Khan @ Jun 8 2012, 12:55 PM)
From the Amazon website:

Price Matching

With the exception of TVs, Amazon.com doesn't price-match with other retailers (including those who sell their items on our website). We do, however, consistently work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry.

In some cases our website offers lower prices via the used and new offerings available from Amazon Marketplace sellers. For more information, see our Seller Help section.

I've heard that three times from three "different" people. It seemed like it was the same person by how they talked, but I'm assuming it was pre-written responses they were using. None of them were able to answer my questions or points I made, and all told me the same thing that they couldn't do anything. I'm gonna try Snake's method one time and see what they do, but I'm not holding my breath.

Did exactly what you said, and again received the same thing:

"With the exception of TVs, Amazon doesn't offer a price match guarantee. We do consistently work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry. Because the marketplace is constantly changing and we strive to offer the lowest price, you'll see some fluctuations in our prices over time.

However, you can let us know about a lower price by clicking the "tell us about a lower price" link in the Product Details section of any product page."

I didn't even mention anything about price matching, and they still wrote that. It seems they don't want to be bothered. My advice to people is not even bother trying to ask Amazon. Either take the lowest price you've been guaranteed over the pre-order process, or just get it somewhere else cheaper. They aren't giving any effort to make a difference. They are telling it like it is and won't help you further. So yeah, save your time and don't bother hassling them. tongue.gif

I'm gonna stick with getting it through Amazon only because there isn't a Best Buy in close vicinity, and I have prime, so I'll be getting it the day it releases anyway.

Edited by GUP1771

Best Buy ships free, so they are cheaper and have free shipping or you can pick up in the store. Seems a lot easier and cheaper than messing with Amazon. One other thing, Best Buy charges sales tax if they have a store in your state. Amazon charges sales tax in some states but not all. Edited by cuiaba

QUOTE (GUP1771 @ Jun 8 2012, 03:03 PM)

Did exactly what you said, and again received the same thing:

"With the exception of TVs, Amazon doesn't offer a price match guarantee. We do consistently work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry. Because the marketplace is constantly changing and we strive to offer the lowest price, you'll see some fluctuations in our prices over time.

However, you can let us know about a lower price by clicking the "tell us about a lower price" link in the Product Details section of any product page."

I didn't even mention anything about price matching, and they still wrote that. It seems they don't want to be bothered. My advice to people is not even bother trying to ask Amazon. Either take the lowest price you've been guaranteed over the pre-order process, or just get it somewhere else cheaper. They aren't giving any effort to make a difference. They are telling it like it is and won't help you further. So yeah, save your time and don't bother hassling them. tongue.gif

I'm gonna stick with getting it through Amazon only because there isn't a Best Buy in close vicinity, and I have prime, so I'll be getting it the day it releases anyway.

Yep, amazon doesn't price match. They don't lower music prices. This is my first big disappointment with amazon in all the years i've done business with them. Whatever. I'd have stuck with them if BB wasn't down the road. There's also a Target near me.. I think they're also $9.99. In any event, we'll both be rocking to CA tomorrow trink39.gif