Amazon.com US Clockwork Angels CD LOW Price Watch

Presto-a RUSH fan!

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ May 14 2012, 04:20 PM)
All ordered up in SHM version and waiting, patiently (well, maybe not patiently) for the delivery date!

There is a SHM version?? Can you post a link?

Thanks

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ May 15 2012, 08:07 AM)
I'm going to wait a day or two, until a few of you start hating it for various reasons......

1. Enough with the religion, Kneel!
2. Waaahhh, too much compression, waaaahhhh!!!
3. It sucks, it sucks!
4. The cover sucks!
5. What's with the layering of Geddy's voice?
6. Whoa, the new stuff will need WAY too many triggers to play live.
7. Not melodic enough.
8. Not hard enough.
9. Not epic enough.
10. Not enough.
11. It's not like Hemispheres.
12. It's too like T4E.
13. Waaaahhhh, too much compression, waaaaahhhh, because once is never enough.
14. Good golly, it's VT2. (Goober only)
15. Bring back Terry Brown.
16. No Stairway! Denied!

And so on. Feel free to send me any unwanted copies.

Yup! I can hear it already! Trollers and haters are getting ready for their assaults! 1287.gif

QUOTE (ghostworks @ May 15 2012, 09:01 AM)

if you want CA on the cheap, head to an independent record store (if you're lucky enough to live near one) the day it's released

they almost always have the lowest price (they want your business) and often have swag (posters, promos) that the big box/internet storefronts don't

actually Best Buy had the lowest price and was the only place with the Rash shirts when the TM BluRay was released.

I find it hilarious that people are in an uproar over the price of the CD when we're still 4 weeks away from it's release.

When a site like Amazon or Best Buy initially lists pre-orders for an artist the only info they have is the "List Price" .... which is essentially the same as the sticker price on a new car. Thats the SUGGESTED retail price of the product.. not the actual price it will sell for.

As the release date gets closer Amazon will decide how much quantity they want to order and will get price breaks accordingly. We're not likely to know Amazon's "standard" price until 5-7 days before release.

On top of this Amazon will also make sure they are competitive with other retailers such as Best Buy, FYE, CDUniverse and B&N. So the "standard" price is likely to be lowered even farther in the 48 hours leading up to release.

In the past 4 weeks or so we've seen Amazon go from $19.99 to $14.88.

Dont worry, it'll go down to at least $12.99 prior to release.. possibly even less.

QUOTE (Snaked @ May 15 2012, 10:43 AM)
I find it hilarious that people are in an uproar over the price of the CD when we're still 4 weeks away from it's release.

When a site like Amazon or Best Buy initially lists pre-orders for an artist the only info they have is the "List Price" .... which is essentially the same as the sticker price on a new car. Thats the SUGGESTED retail price of the product.. not the actual price it will sell for.

As the release date gets closer Amazon will decide how much quantity they want to order and will get price breaks accordingly. We're not likely to know Amazon's "standard" price until 5-7 days before release.

On top of this Amazon will also make sure they are competitive with other retailers such as Best Buy, FYE, CDUniverse and B&N. So the "standard" price is likely to be lowered even farther in the 48 hours leading up to release.

Dont worry, it'll go down to at least $12.99 prior to release.. possibly even less.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Snaked @ May 15 2012, 10:43 AM)

I think I've made the most posts about this, so I don't know if it's "people" or just me. And, I can't speak for others, but for the record, I'm not in an "uproar" - I posited the idea that one reason the price might be inflated is because there is something else included besides the CD. I hoped someone might have information in that regard. For instance, in the past, there have been various Rush "deluxe" packages that include bonus material of one sort or another. I also pre-ordered my Time Machine DVD about a month ahead of schedule from Best Buy. The price didn't change during that time. I realize that pricing does and may go lower closer to actual release date (which I also previously recognized), but that's not always the case.

Amazon still hasn't gotten the memo yet. tongue.gif I'm sure they'll come down again soon. Looks like with BB at $11.99, we're only getting a single cd.. no 5.1 mix bonus cd with this one. Guess that will come later, since I remember reading Nick or Richard say that was happening.

In case you haven't read my previous BB warning, do not pre-order from BB if you need to have it mailed to you. It will be untrackable, and arrive around 5 days after release date. If you're buying from BB, pre-order for store pickup or just stop in that day. I was burned on the TM bluray preorder (as well as a non-Rush related cancellation of an order). Never again.

But anyway.. I'm sticking with my amazon order. It seems I always get my new releases delivered from them by lunchtime on release days. I pre-ordered the remastered Ram, so that will be a good test run for next Tues.

Should CA not arrive by 10 or so, I can always stop in the local BB and pick it up. I figure if I have an extra copy, it's going to my brother for his birthday. Now that I think about it, that will be the plan. I'll buy two! Doing my part to help Rush debut at #1! 1287.gif

trink38.gif 2.gif

Pre-ordered the cd last night with my Amazon Prime membership, $14.88 with "release date delivery". Free shipping.

Great...I just realized I will be on vacation when it's released. Guess I will just have to drop in to a store somewhere and pick it up.

Did I misunderstand the point of this thread? I thought it was created specifically to NOT go on and on about how there are better places than Amazon to buy CA; but rather to keep track of current Amazon prices.

It is listed on Best Buys website for $11.99 . That means it prob will be $9.99 the day it goes on sale

QUOTE (USB Connector @ May 10 2012, 01:38 PM)
I cancelled my amazon order and bought it from the rush store so I could be entered in the musictoday presale drawing for a meet and greet but thanks for the heads up!

Is that through TRF or another site? I usually go through Amazon. Bought a lot of stuff there.

So I had pre-ordered the remastered Ram, and it arrived with the USPS mail today. It left an amazon facility on Sun, was at my local post office yesterday and in the mailbox today. biggrin.gif

There ya go.. ;cheers: 20 days to CA bncegrn.gif

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 27 2012, 09:04 PM)
Why pre order? Is it really going to sell out?

No idea...never understood that.

$11.88 at Walmart