Amazon.com US Clockwork Angels CD LOW Price Watch

Presto-a RUSH fan!

***KIND REQUEST - If this thread is considered a waste of your time based on the title. Or if you are not interested in ordering on Amazon or you think people should order CA from another website or store. Or just any comment that isn't necessary for this thread, PLEASE just don't waste yours and others time posting in here. If you think this is a stupid idea for a thread or this could have been posted in another thread, again, I'm just asking, please just save your time and don't post. The title is pretty self explanatory so if you click it and you have no intention of buying CA on Amazon or if saving $4 or $5 isn't worth it to you, again, I'm just kindly asking that you just not post to this thread. Thanks*** trink39.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The purpose of this thread is for those of us who have pre-ordered CA on Amazon.com's US website. They offer a "Pre-order Price Guarantee" which means that even if you ordered it the first day it was available for $19.99, if the price drops after that...even after it ships...as long is it's before June 12th, you will get the lowest price that it was offered for.

SO....the purpose of this thread is to post when you see any price drop for CA on Amazon's US website. When CA was first listed on Amazon the price was $19.99. Since then I have seen the price change 3 times. I ordered it yesterday when it dropped to $16.73, but then today it dropped to $16.11. I have a feeling this could end up dropping down around the $14.99 range before it's released. To me, saving $5 is worth keeping an eye on it once a day.

If anyone else who pre-ordered CA on Amazon wants to check it occasionally and post any time the price drops lower than the $16.11 it's at right now, we could all help each other out and make sure we get the lowest price available. Again, if it's not worth it to you to save a couple bucks, then just be cool and don't bother posting in this thread. I'm just trying to do this as a way to help us get the best price we can and make sure Amazon doesn't "forget" about their "Pre-order Price Guarantee". (see below why I said they "forget")

I will try to check it at least once a day and if the price drops under $16.11, I will post to this thread. Please do the same. Amazon is like the stock market, the prices can and do change all day long. On the Hemispheres Poster Thread a while back, the price went up and down so much, that while I and others were posting what the price was, it would change by the time we finished posting and went back to buy it. I don't see it changing that much for CA, but it has and will change.

So that is the point of this thread. To alert others who have pre-ordered from Amazon's US website when the price for CA drops. Today it's at $16.11.

Below is some other info explaining my experience with Amazon and why I am going to watch the price and make sure they give me the lowest price.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am an avid Amazon user and buy a lot of stuff from them. I have an Amazon Prime membership which is $79 per year and gives you free 2 day shipping on any item marked "Amazon Prime". Most the stuff I buy, CDs, DVDs, Books and even household items usually are offered as Amazon Prime.

In my experience with pre-orders, 3 times (I've only pre-ordered items about 5 times) they have not given me the lowest price. Only once did I call and complain as the price difference was $5, and funny enough, it was on a RUSH item. (2112 & MP Classic Album DVD/BluRay Combo pack). I pre-ordered it for $27.99 and I just happened to see the price drop down to $22.99 (now it's $35.99!). The other two times they didn't give me the lowest price, it was under $00.50 so I didn't bother wasting my time. But to save $5, it was worth it for me to call, for some, maybe not.

When I called to tell them I didn't get the lowest price, the customer service rep had no way to tell what the lowest price that the DVD/BluRay had dropped to, or so he said. So he went by my word that I had seen the price drop by $5. (I should have said $10!) So for all I know, the price could have dropped even lower, but since I didn't see it, I only went by the lowest price I saw.

And here is one great tip that is the best way to monitor anything you are interested in buying on Amazon and make sure you get it for the best price possible. Any item that you are interested in, just place it in your shopping cart then hit "Save for Later". Do NOT use the wish list feature. By using the "save for later" function, every time you go into your shopping cart, any item in your cart that was "saved for later" that changed price since the last time you entered your shopping cart will appear at the top of your cart in a beige box showing the price change. I have literally saved $100's by doing this. I put everything that I might be interested in, that is if the price was crazy low, in my shopping cart and hit "save for later". So the DVD that you don't think is worth buying at $15.99 but you would buy at $6.98, just throw it in your cart and hit "save for later". To see an example with screen shots and for more detailed info and other Amazon tips, just go to the Hemispheres Poster Thread. I currently have over 180 items in my shopping cart right now, "Saved for Later".

Once you start doing that, my other tip is to make a link directly to your Amazon shopping cart and put it on your desktop or in you favorites. Then EVERY time you go to Amazon just go straight to your shopping cart. That way you will see anything that has changed price since the last time you went to your cart. I have so many things in my cart that just about every time, even 2 or 3 times in a day, that I click the direct link to my shopping cart on my computer desktop, it will show me something that changed price. Sometimes it's just a couple cents. But other times it can be $10 or more. One great pretty great deal I remember off the top of my head was for the TV show "Curb Your Enthusiasm" Season 3 DVD. The price had been hovering around $27.99 to $31.99, which was more than I was willing to pay for it. (just for an idea, the price right now is $21.99) One day I went to my shopping cart and it had dropped to $12.99! I wasn't planning on getting it that day, but I couldn't pass up that deal. So I put anything that I might be interested in, if the price is right, in my shopping cart and try to go to my cart at least once every couple days or better yet, every day.

And lastly, since I'm getting 2 copies of CA, one for me and one as a gift. That is the reason I decided to pre-order one on Amazon to try and get the lowest price I can, and then I will pay the higher price at my local music store on release day to guarantee no possible delays or even having to wait until the UPS guy shows up around 6:00 PM on June 12th!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a TRF Amazon link becomes available for this pre-order, please post it in here.

Current Clockwork Angels CD price on Amazon.com US:

$16.11

As of this post.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/TRF_Graphics/CA_Amazon_link2.jpg

MOD EDIT: Added official TRF link. Thanks, Presto! trink39.gif

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Now we have an official TRF Amazon link so anyone who pre-ordered on Amazon without using the link above should just log-in to your Amazon acct and cancel your order then re-order using the above link. It literally takes like 10 seconds to do. (or use the link in the pinned thread at the top of the CA forum. wink.gif )

For one, TRF will get a cut which is the least we can do. yes.gif

And two, if when you originally ordered it was for more than the current price of $16.11, you may still have to call them if they "forget" to give you the "Pre-order Price Guarantee." Especially if you ordered when it was at $19.99.

Hopefully the price will drop even lower, but if it doesn't, you might as well just cancel and re-order using the link above to guarantee you get it for $16.11 without having to call and remind them. yes.gif

Price dropped to $14.99 today.

We should see pre-orders reflect this change soon.

Mine still says $16.11 but I do know it can take a day or so for the price to adjust automatically.

QUOTE (Snaked @ May 7 2012, 05:25 PM)
Price dropped to $14.99 today.
We should see pre-orders reflect this change soon.

Mine still says $16.11 but I do know it can take a day or so for the price to adjust automatically.

Clinking the link I inserted into the second post reflects the new lower price.

I use Amazon ALOT too. In the past...when a CD sells for less...they have credited my account with the correct due to me . I cant complain!

smile.gif

I have my pre order allready in.

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Apr 15 2012, 02:21 PM)
If a TRF Amazon link becomes available for this pre-order, please post it in here.

Current Clockwork Angels CD price on Amazon.com US:
$14.99

As of this post.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/TRF_Graphics/CA_Amazon_link2.jpg

MOD EDIT: Added official TRF link. Thanks, Presto!  trink39.gif

Thanks for the heads up. I checked amazon and I was still at $16.11, so I cancelled and placed the order through the link above. I adjusted the post to reflect the new price too biggrin.gif

Thanks PART! I'd ordered it on March 7th and it had gone down to the 16.11 but the 14.99 price. So I canceled and re-ordered. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 10 2012, 06:58 AM)
I'll just wait and buy it for $10 at Best Buy on release day. biggrin.gif

[squeekyvoicedpimplefacedteen] Uhh, sorry sir, but who? Oh, that's still in the stock room. Can you check back tomorrow? [/squeekyvoicedpimplefacedteen]

I cancelled my amazon order and bought it from the rush store so I could be entered in the musictoday presale drawing for a meet and greet but thanks for the heads up!

$14.88

MOD EDIT: If you're going to post a link to the Amazon page, don't post a link that looks like it might reference another Amazon Associates account. Makes it look like you're trying to make money off of the link, even if you didn't mean to.

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I still don't understand why this is listed for $14.88 if it's just a CD. I haven't seen it billed as "Deluxe" or "Double Album" or anything.

Rush is the only one of Amazon's top 25 that's priced anywhere near that high.

These artists just released or are about to release an new album, and are/will be in more demand from consumers, yet their prices don't even crack $12:

Norah Jones - $11.88

Lionel Richie - $11.49

John Mayer - $9.99

Carrie Underwood - $9.99

Tain - $9.99

Anybody heard of any rationale behind this?

QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ May 14 2012, 03:51 PM)
I still don't understand why this is listed for $14.88 if it's just a CD.  I haven't seen it billed as "Deluxe" or "Double Album" or anything.

Rush is the only one of Amazon's top 25 that's priced anywhere near that high.

These artists just released or are about to release an new album, and are/will be in more demand from consumers, yet their prices don't even crack $12:

Norah Jones - $11.88
Lionel Richie - $11.49
John Mayer - $9.99
Carrie Underwood - $9.99
Tain - $9.99

Anybody heard of any rationale behind this?

All of the artists mentioned don't have anywhere near the reputation (or longevity) that Rush does. IMO, Rush has the right to charge that much while being justified. I think half of the albums you listed are overpriced.

Edited by USB Connector

QUOTE ($2112.00 @ May 10 2012, 05:13 PM)
$14.88

MOD EDIT: If you're going to post a link to the Amazon page, don't post a link that looks like it might reference another Amazon Associates account. Makes it look like you're trying to make money off of the link, even if you didn't mean to.

I haven't the slightest idea of what you're talking about but, ...sorry 0.o

I'm going to wait a day or two, until a few of you start hating it for various reasons......

1. Enough with the religion, Kneel!

2. Waaahhh, too much compression, waaaahhhh!!!

3. It sucks, it sucks!

4. The cover sucks!

5. What's with the layering of Geddy's voice?

6. Whoa, the new stuff will need WAY too many triggers to play live.

7. Not melodic enough.

8. Not hard enough.

9. Not epic enough.

10. Not enough.

11. It's not like Hemispheres.

12. It's too like T4E.

13. Waaaahhhh, too much compression, waaaaahhhh, because once is never enough.

14. Good golly, it's VT2. (Goober only)

15. Bring back Terry Brown.

16. No Stairway! Denied!

And so on. Feel free to send me any unwanted copies.