The Analog Kid

(you see where I'm going there?)

Opening song of Set 2.
Caravan

Followed by...
BU2B

(you see where I'm going there?)

Hey, you know something we don't? wink.gif

QUOTE (Sin City @ Apr 18 2012, 12:36 AM)
I know this is going to make me sound like some old curmudgeon (and do l care?) but what is it with all this?
Why do you waste the mental energy speculating on the opening song?
Who cares? Same with speculative set lists. Jeez it's like the board is populated by hormonal teenage females
confused13.gif

If you need to ask a question like this then you shouldn't even be here.

Dreamline, Limelight, Tom Sawyer and TSOR have been the openers since T4E tour. Freewill makes the most sense for the audience grab first song. Subdivisions is my 2nd choice but Freewill is more uptempo and thus should get the crowd going more IMO.

As ridiculous as it might sound to some, I would be way more psyched if they played all of Clockwork Angels than I would be if they played 2112 or Signals, because this storyline, I feel, needs to be kept together! Also, it might cut down on the crap they play every tour now.

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ Apr 15 2012, 07:38 PM)
With the indoor shows, 2112 would work as a good opening song. Just imagine the house lights going down, and then the unmistakable "whzzzzzzz"ing intro to 2112...and the place going NUTS... 1022.gif

That's why 2112 was their opener from 2112 all the way through to Moving Pictures (MP was the first tour where they stopped after Temples, though)

I JUST received an email from Nick R's step-brother's uncle, who was a roadie for Rush back in 1975, and HE said that he passed by Neil walking down the street last night, who was talking to either Geddy or Alex over the phone, and overheard Neil utter something along the lines of, "Ok, great...it's settled...we'll open with 'Red Lenses'!....CRAP...gotta go...I just walked past a fan, and I think he's now planning to stalk me..."

SO THERE YOU GO!! Red Lenses is the official opener this year!! 1022.gif

Edited by ALifeson85

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Apr 16 2012, 09:11 PM)
QUOTE (Snow-Dog2112 @ Apr 16 2012, 05:45 PM)
Maybe even Far Cry

That's possible because for awhile they did open their shows with the first song off the previous album.

Agree. yes.gif I think Far Cry is a good possibility.

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Apr 24 2012, 03:14 PM)
Maybe even Far Cry

That's possible because for awhile they did open their shows with the first song off the previous album.

You know, (Hi hello I'm new here btw, nice to meet you all) smile.gif - I have heard that - Rush opening their tour with the previous albums' first song - but S&A opened with Limelight, R30 doesnt count obviously, Vapor Trails opened with Tom Sawyer (who knew? that was cool...), Test for Echo opened with Dreamline, so did Counterparts so I guess that would be one example, Roll the Bones opened with Force Ten... *snorkle*

So in hindsight, the opening songs have been wonderfully unpredictable in the past couple of decades. unsure.gif

Personally I think One Little Victory would be super cool! Although the fire-balls might be overkill for the beginning of the show - but by the sounds of Headlong Flight, this is gonna prove to be a high-energy tour I think - so hell yeah start it with a big bang of pyrotechnic fire! Hell yeah... 1022.gif

Maybe even Far Cry

Agreed and for the same reason, they used to open shows with openers from previous album. It's a good rocker to get it started I think.

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Apr 24 2012, 03:10 PM)
I JUST received an email from Nick R's step-brother's uncle, who was a roadie for Rush back in 1975, and HE said that he passed by Neil walking down the street last night, who was talking to either Geddy or Alex over the phone, and overheard Neil utter something along the lines of, "Ok, great...it's settled...we'll open with 'Red Lenses'!....CRAP...gotta go...I just walked past a fan, and I think he's now planning to stalk me..."

SO THERE YOU GO!! Red Lenses is the official opener this year!! 1022.gif

I would have no problem with this biggrin.gif

By the way, hello everybody! I finally made an account here common001.gif

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Apr 24 2012, 03:10 PM)
I JUST received an email from Nick R's step-brother's uncle, who was a roadie for Rush back in 1975, and HE said that he passed by Neil walking down the street last night, who was talking to either Geddy or Alex over the phone, and overheard Neil utter something along the lines of, "Ok, great...it's settled...we'll open with I'm Too Sexy"!....CRAP...gotta go...I just walked past a fan, and I think he's now planning to stalk me..."

SO THERE YOU GO!! I'm Too Sexy is the official opener this year!! 1022.gif

Holy SH1T!!!!!

That is gonna be amazing!!!!!

QUOTE (Carnie @ Apr 24 2012, 04:48 PM)
Maybe even Far Cry

You know, (Hi hello I'm new here btw, nice to meet you all) smile.gif - I have heard that - Rush opening their tour with the previous albums' first song - but S&A opened with Limelight, R30 doesnt count obviously, Vapor Trails opened with Tom Sawyer (who knew? that was cool...), Test for Echo opened with Dreamline, so did Counterparts so I guess that would be one example, Roll the Bones opened with Force Ten... *snorkle*

So in hindsight, the opening songs have been wonderfully unpredictable in the past couple of decades. unsure.gif

Personally I think One Little Victory would be super cool! Although the fire-balls might be overkill for the beginning of the show - but by the sounds of Headlong Flight, this is gonna prove to be a high-energy tour I think - so hell yeah start it with a big bang of pyrotechnic fire! Hell yeah... 1022.gif

On the T4E tour is when the broke the cycle of opening with the first song off the last album. But I believe they did their sets like that from GUP all the way up to the RTB tour. The way they do it now opening with songs like TSOR, Limelight and Tom Sawyer is smart because when you open the show with a huge hit it really gets the crowd amped up right away.

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Apr 18 2012, 05:40 PM)
Headlong Flight

This would be a good choice. The song is pure adrenaline, and though it might not be a song that every attendee would be familiar with, it would make a heck of an opener.

Subdivisions.

I think people need to stop being so hung up on the idea of a full album in the set list. If it happens, it happens. While I think Clockwork Angels will be a fantastic album, playing the whole thing, either set, would be a mood killer. I understand its a concept album but it will also be a new album. You need some old classics to break it up and keep the momentum going.

Of course this is all imo.

A great (For me anyway! tongue.gif) and realistic setlist would be the following:

2112: Overture + Temples of Syrinx

Limelight

Chain Lightning

Prime Mover

Freewill

Territories

Cold Fire

Signals Medley

-Analog Kid

-Chemistry

-Digital Man

-The Weapon

-New World Man

-Losing It

Subdivisions

Far Cry

Natural Science

-Intermission-

Caravan

BU2B

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

Halo Effect

Seven Cities of Gold

The Wreckers

Headlong Flight

BU2B2

Wish Them Well

The Garden

Distant Early Warning

Jacob's Ladder

Xanadu

Encore:

The Trees

By-Tor and the Snow Dog

Tom Sawyer

Wouldn't this rock?

1022.gif

Edited by Alchemical

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Apr 25 2012, 10:21 AM)
I think people need to stop being so hung up on the idea of a full album in the set list. If it happens, it happens. While I think Clockwork Angels will be a fantastic album, playing the whole thing, either set, would be a mood killer. I understand its a concept album but it will also be a new album. You need some old classics to break it up and keep the momentum going.

^ I kinda agree with this. Even if the entire new album is monumentally AMAZING (which, i'm pretty damn sure it's gonna be EPIC!), I am 99.99% sure they will NOT play the entire album, and you can rest assured that over half the crowd would be schla03.gif half-way into the CA set. If they DO, it won't be all at once. The closest to this happening would probably be if they did something like : play a couple CA songs, then a few older tunes, a couple MORE CA songs, a few more older tunes, ect, ect, eventually playing every song from CA by the end of the second set.

It IS still fun to contemplate what they may do on this tour though! yes.gif Whatever that may be, hey - it's 2.gif !!! It's gonna be a great tour. trink39.gif

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Apr 25 2012, 05:15 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Apr 25 2012, 10:21 AM)

^ I kinda agree with this. Even if the entire new album is monumentally AMAZING (which, i'm pretty damn sure it's gonna be EPIC!), I am 99.99% sure they will NOT play the entire album, and you can rest assured that over half the crowd would be schla03.gif half-way into the CA set. If they DO, it won't be all at once. The closest to this happening would probably be if they did something like : play a couple CA songs, then a few older tunes, a couple MORE CA songs, a few more older tunes, ect, ect, eventually playing every song from CA by the end of the second set.

It IS still fun to contemplate what they may do on this tour though! yes.gif Whatever that may be, hey - it's 2.gif !!! It's gonna be a great tour. trink39.gif

That's pretty much how I think the set will be paced. Rush has always been pretty good when it comes to that. Open the set with a big hit or two that everyone knows and then get to the new cuts and deeper tracks while throwing the big songs inbetween just to make sure the audience stays awake if they start to lose them by playing lesser known songs.