• Like It
    • It's ok
    • Don't Like It
    • Hate It

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Apr 14 2012, 05:10 PM)
Great music, don't care for the lyrics.. Maybe in context of the story it will have a different interpretation. I'll wait until the albums release to judge.

Agree 100%

I love it. When it came out a couple years ago and my friends posted it on FB, I clicked on it, excited to hear what had been going on with Rush since I'd lost track of them (around RTB-Counterparts), especially since I'd be going to the show that fall. The song started and I said to myself, "Holy cow, they've gotten heavier since I last heard them...". A few more notes and I finished the thought, "but I LIKE it!" It's a great blend of heaviness with enough atmospherics for breathing room. Geddy's voice also sounds great, and it's a great song to sing along with - like a lot of people, I dig that "loves us all to death" line. I still say "Holy crap!" everytime I get to the end of the song. It was great live.

Caravan is still my favorite of the two (I don't care if the chorus is repetitive, it gives me what the band's name says)!

Can't wait to hear the rest of this album!

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Apr 14 2012, 06:46 PM)
Two years later I can honestly say this has become one of my all-time favorite Rush songs. Lyrically and Musically, it's phenomenal. The lyrics and music really gel so well together. It's just a straightforward rock song that is totally the opposite of Caravan in it's lack of complexity and time changes

The middle part is my favorite of the song

Totally....the middle part is my favorite slice of Rush since the mid 1980s. It roars classic 80s Rush in its sound and execution!

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Apr 14 2012, 11:10 PM)
Great music, don't care for the lyrics.. Maybe in context of the story it will have a different interpretation. I'll wait until the albums release to judge.

This.

Though its still one of my Six, I like it more than I used to. I've got over the frantic energy of it. I have also come to like that final "death" at the end.

We shall see what the album brings.

I like it, "Caravan" squeaks by though barely, cause I am just a fan of when the band gets weird and does crazy stuff, and "BU2B" is more straight-forward. I also agree with the "heavy p/g" assessment; I thought the same thing when I first heard it.

2.gif

Edited by wilb1972

I'm honestly not a fan of the religious undertones lyrically...again, fairly repetitive after S&A. But, with that said...I love the song.

When I first heard the two...I liked Caravan better, but as time has gone on, BU2B took over as my favourite of the two.

I love how heavy the song is! It also sounded great in concert. I find that I listen to it way more than I do Caravan. But overall, I love both tunes.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 16 2012, 08:45 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 16 2012, 09:43 AM)
i kind of wish caravan and bu2b were the last two tracks on the album so i wouldn't have to start off by skipping two tracks.

What's the difference? You'll be skipping them all anyways... wink.gif

it's just nice to put in music and not have to worry about skipping right off the bat. tongue.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 16 2012, 08:48 AM)
i kind of wish caravan and bu2b were the last two tracks on the album so i wouldn't have to start off by skipping two tracks.

it's just nice to put in music and not have to worry about skipping right off the bat. tongue.gif

Put the album on, then take a pee break. If you wash your hands you should be back just around the time the re-recorded BU2B is ending. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Apr 16 2012, 08:51 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 16 2012, 08:48 AM)

Put the album on, then take a pee break. If you wash your hands you should be back just around the time the re-recorded BU2B is ending. tongue.gif

that might work out perfectly. tongue.gif