The Cabin In The Woods

The Owl

Just got back from watching "The Cabin In The Woods".... WOW what a good film. It takes horror cliches and throws them in all different directions. Not that scary...at least for me, and at parts very funny, but very well written, and very unique..

Go and see it ASAP...

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Apr 13 2012, 05:50 PM)
I have been super excited for this on it's buzz alone.

Oh, and for those who have yet to see it, DO NOT READ REX REED'S NEGATIVE REVIEW. F-cking a-hole spoils the movie. Luckily, I haven't read the review yet.

Rex Reed is still alive?

QUOTE (goose @ Apr 13 2012, 11:41 PM)
QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Apr 13 2012, 05:50 PM)

Oh, and for those who have yet to see it, DO NOT READ REX REED'S NEGATIVE REVIEW.  F-cking a-hole spoils the movie.  Luckily, I haven't read the review yet.

Rex Reed is still alive?

Yes, you're thinking of Joel Siegel since he died. He's the one that walked out of Clerks 2 during that donkey scene.

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Apr 13 2012, 06:50 PM)

Oh, and for those who have yet to see it, DO NOT READ REX REED'S NEGATIVE REVIEW. F-cking a-hole spoils the movie. Luckily, I haven't read the review yet.

NY reviewers in general give negative reviews to films that are otherwise well-received. Especially Rex Reed and A.O. Scott of the NY Times. They're sticks in the mud who seem more interested in going against the grain just so they can stand out.

Often times films that are 100% on Rotten Tomatoes early on are brought down to 96-98% by the NY critics.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 14 2012, 11:31 PM)
QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Apr 13 2012, 06:50 PM)

Oh, and for those who have yet to see it, DO NOT READ REX REED'S NEGATIVE REVIEW.  F-cking a-hole spoils the movie.  Luckily, I haven't read the review yet.

NY reviewers in general give negative reviews to films that are otherwise well-received. Especially Rex Reed and A.O. Scott of the NY Times. They're sticks in the mud who seem more interested in going against the grain just so they can stand out.

Often times films that are 100% on Rotten Tomatoes early on are brought down to 96-98% by the NY critics.

Let's not forget the infamous Pixar bashing Armond White.

I can't get over the fact that the cabin in this movie is almost a carbon copy of the cabin from the Evil Dead movies. Looks almost exactly the same, I wonder if that was done on purpose as an homage or something (?) Edited by Del_Duio

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Apr 17 2012, 07:06 AM)
I can't get over the fact that the cabin in this movie is almost a carbon copy of the cabin from the Evil Dead movies. Looks almost exactly the same, I wonder if that was done on purpose as an homage or something (?)

I thought the same thing. It had to be a nod to Evil Dead.

Saw this at a friend's house last night. I revived this thread since the other had more spoilers. If you aren't a fan of horror in general I suggest you give this movie a shot. This movie is in no way the typical horror movie and I was pretty impressed with the angle of this story. I found myself questioning the amount of info given at specific times but a pretty good effort.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Sep 30 2012, 07:06 PM)
QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Apr 16 2012, 02:19 PM)
I didn't like it that much.

me neither.....thought it was terrible actually..

My main issue was I thought they gave us too much info on the "whys" and "whos" of what was behind the cabin too early. It could have been more suspenseful if we found out as the characters found out.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Oct 8 2012, 02:53 PM)
Based on the OP raving review, I decided to rent this. What a piece of shit! This is got to be one of the worst films I've seen in a long time. The Owl owes me $2.99!

I haven't seen this, but now I might have to see it just to see if it can get in the "so bad it's good" category...

trink38.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 8 2012, 05:39 PM)
Based on the OP raving review, I decided to rent this.  What a piece of shit!  This is got to be one of the worst films I've seen in a long time.  The Owl owes me $2.99!

I haven't seen this, but now I might have to see it just to see if it can get in the "so bad it's good" category...

trink38.gif

no.gif

Based on the OP raving review, I decided to rent this. What a piece of shit! This is got to be one of the worst films I've seen in a long time. The Owl owes me $2.99!

What were you expecting in a Horror deconstruction?

QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 9 2012, 10:31 PM)
Based on the OP raving review, I decided to rent this.  What a piece of shit!  This is got to be one of the worst films I've seen in a long time.  The Owl owes me $2.99!

What were you expecting in a Horror deconstruction?

It was different than your average horror film. It just was poorly made. The acting was horrific, dialog was atrocious, and you really didn't know where the film was going. Just wasn't my cup of tea.