Because many here like to over-analyze...

The Mighty Dudad

I think this is a "depth" design element. Despite the symbols all being of the same size, the do indeed spiral backwards into the red abyss.

The "three' symbol is the closest to the viewer and as the you follow the numbers counter-clockwise they spiral "further away" "into the past" until those being furthest away 4...5..6... are obscured by the mists of time.

Whether this specifically plays at all into the subject matter of the album itself remains to be seen, but that would be pretty convoluted.

QUOTE (Khan @ Apr 13 2012, 03:34 PM)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/StarTrekFacePalm.gif

What deserves a real face-palm is the prototypical Rush nerd who out of every face palm image available to human civilization just HAS to go and pick a Deep Space 9 one. So typically face palm worthy.

common001.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 13 2012, 01:41 PM)

What deserves a real face-palm is the prototypical Rush nerd who out of every face palm image available to human civilization just HAS to go and pick a Deep Space 9 one. So typically face palm worthy.

common001.gif

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_zGnH6HWaAi0/S7kBtggIQrI/AAAAAAAAFgY/QYs7D1HWdsI/double_facepalm_tng.jpg

Edited by danielmclark

None

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 13 2012, 03:45 PM)

common001.gif

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_zGnH6HWaAi0/S7kBtggIQrI/AAAAAAAAFgY/QYs7D1HWdsI/double_facepalm_tng.jpg

Now you've gone and done it! Now we need a triple facepalm! If we *must* have it Trek oriented, may I kindly request Counselor Troi in a neglige or something to that effect.

Thanks!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Apr 13 2012, 07:23 PM)
Mr. Syme did that to make it seem like he actually put effort into this cover.

Instead of 3 hours of photoshop work, it took 3.5.

Just bustin's balls. But I know Im not the only one that prefers album covers made by real human hands on a canvas before computers came along. So easy to tell these days when a cover is digital.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 13 2012, 01:54 PM)
QUOTE (Sathington WillOUghby @ Apr 13 2012, 11:43 AM)
Pink Floyd tribute!

It is? Tell us More...

Obscured By Clouds=Great Pink Floyd album. Gives a great insight to what Dark Side has in store.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 13 2012, 04:29 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 13 2012, 03:45 PM)

common001.gif

Now you've gone and done it! Now we need a triple facepalm! If we *must* have it Trek oriented, may I kindly request Counselor Troi in a neglige or something to that effect.

Thanks!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h411/tklos/memes/181148_triple_facepalm_super_The_most_awesome_thing_u_will_ever_see-s600x480-89034.jpg

confused13.gif

QUOTE (Yokkov @ Apr 13 2012, 07:02 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 13 2012, 01:54 PM)
QUOTE (Sathington WillOUghby @ Apr 13 2012, 11:43 AM)
Pink Floyd tribute!

It is? Tell us More...

Obscured By Clouds=Great Pink Floyd album. Gives a great insight to what Dark Side has in store.

I was kidding as I mentioned MORE, the other Pink Floyd soundtrack. wink.gif

But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

Man in Black: You've made your decision then?

Vizzini: Not remotely. Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows, and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.

Man in Black: Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.

Vizzini: Wait till I get going! Now, where was I?

Man in Black: Australia.

Vizzini: Yes, Australia. And you must have suspected I would have known the powder's origin, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

Man in Black: You're just stalling now.

Vizzini: You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? You've beaten my giant, which means you're exceptionally strong, so you could've put the poison in your own goblet, trusting on your strength to save you, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But, you've also bested my Spaniard, which means you must have studied, and in studying you must have learned that man is mortal, so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

QUOTE (rushman321 @ Apr 13 2012, 09:47 PM)
But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
Man in Black: You've made your decision then?
Vizzini: Not remotely. Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows, and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.
Man in Black: Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.
Vizzini: Wait till I get going! Now, where was I?
Man in Black: Australia.
Vizzini: Yes, Australia. And you must have suspected I would have known the powder's origin, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
Man in Black: You're just stalling now.
Vizzini: You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? You've beaten my giant, which means you're exceptionally strong, so you could've put the poison in your own goblet, trusting on your strength to save you, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But, you've also bested my Spaniard, which means you must have studied, and in studying you must have learned that man is mortal, so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

Loved that scene... actually, loved that whole movie.

Who knew that Andre the Giant had comedic timing... anybody want a peanut?

Edited by Phantom