CA Cover Art - Face In The Clouds

Geddyleegenes

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 13 2012, 09:02 AM)
I find the picture of the three of them on that fancy assed couch a lot more shocking.

If you project where each of their six eyeballs are looking and connect those points, it clearly forms an upside-down trident. WTF does that mean?!

cool10.gif

that's what I thought!

QUOTE (Geddyleegenes @ Apr 12 2012, 09:07 PM)
I've read a number of posts saying that the CA cover is sort of boring or that it reminds them of the "Hold Your Fire" cover.

I think it's pretty cool and I think there's maybe more to it when you look harder at it. (It helps if you're smokin' a little somethin' too.)

Is it just me or is there a face in that swirl of clouds on the cover of CA?

Angels make you think of Heaven, of course. But that cover is red, which makes you think of demons and devils. The face I'm seeing in there seems like a twisted demonic face, which - if it's really supposed to be there - is pretty cool in the way it's looking down from the blood red sky and clouds.

Maybe it's that loving Watchmaker, loving us all to death?

I'm not good at this sort of thing, but I've marked out the face I'm seeing. There's a right eye (or eye-less blacked-out eye socket), a nose and a wickedly smiling mouth.

If you look close, there are even teeth in that mouth. I didn't mark it out, but you can also see the right side of the face too. The left side of the face, including the left eye, is lost in the swirl effect.

Now, when you look at what I've marked out, it looks silly. Scroll down and look at the album cover without my markings and see if you see what I think I'm seeing.

And yes, I know the thing about psychiatrists saying that humans like to try and see faces in everything. I guess I'm just being human.

I suppose it's open to one's own interpretation.

Thanks to the person who posted the cover and the photo of the guys.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll191/Headache2112/rushclockworkangelscoverface.jpg

Now look at the unmarked version and see if you see what I see.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll191/Headache2112/rushcacovernormal.jpg

Just me?

Dude, I'll trade ya some of my smoke for yours because obviously yours is MUCH better! tongue.gif

I probably shouldn't say this but let me tell you what I see. Now, I don't know if it's just me or not, but I see a clock face with symbols in the place of numbers. There's a big hand and a little hand reading 9:12. Behind it is a swirling red cloud.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 13 2012, 09:32 AM)
I probably shouldn't say this but let me tell you what I see. Now, I don't know if it's just me or not, but I see a clock face with symbols in the place of numbers. There's a big hand and a little hand reading 9:12. Behind it is a swirling red cloud.

And I suppose a Rorschach ink blot is just an ink blot.....

sarcasm.gif tongue.gif

that devil character was apparently a fallen angel so i wouldnt automatically asscoiate the angel concept directly with heaven in this case, especially bearing in mind the hellish fiery clock furnace cover art..... by the way the only thing i can make out in the middle of the red swirl is possibly an 'R' but probably not intentional

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Apr 13 2012, 09:38 AM)

sarcasm.gif tongue.gif

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_s6Cu32Fga4k/SpbPowNGqYI/AAAAAAAAFCU/y-xOqOOeyJg/s400/Rorschach_blot_06.jpg

QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ Apr 13 2012, 10:20 AM)
QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Apr 13 2012, 09:38 AM)

sarcasm.gif tongue.gif

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_s6Cu32Fga4k/SpbPowNGqYI/AAAAAAAAFCU/y-xOqOOeyJg/s400/Rorschach_blot_06.jpg

OMG.....A photo of Geddy's pet guinea pig.....(which, unfortunately, was flattened by the neighbor's old Chevy when Geddy was only 7.....). ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Apr 13 2012, 03:22 PM)
I see a face.
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/9344/rface.jpg

Now THAT one I can see.