Who is the most likely to deliver on time....

druid13

1. Amazon

2. rush.com

3. Best Buy...

I almost want to order from best buy because I read they are having problems and I hate seeing them go out of bussiness....Just as I hated seeing Borders go away.

But who is the most likely to deliver on time?

thepiratebay.org

Solid 1-2 weeks is pretty normal there.

BUT, you should still buy it, like I will. Support the band. Well.... the bands record company anyway. Not so much them.

Edited by trenken

druid, if you want CA delivered around 6/18 then go with BB. If you want delivery on 6/12, go with amazon. BB had their day, then they blew it. I've been burned by them for the last time. They are following in the footsteps of Circuit City.

As far as rush.con, I have never bought a new release through them.

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 12 2012, 08:49 AM)
thepiratebay.org

BUT, you should still buy it, like I will. Support the band. Well.... the bands record company anyway. Not so much them.

Hey now!!! bitchslap.gif

No cheating!!! rage.gif

Everyone has been burned by someone. Some people have been burned by Amazon, some have been burned by Best Buy. Others have been burned by going to the only Walmart in their small town and finding out they only stocked 10 copies of something and there are 50 people lined up.

I'm ordering from Amazon because I have not personally been burned by them yet. I also ordered a couple of UK fan packs, but that's beside the point of this particular thread wink.gif

How much are the fan packs in American Dollars?

Also there is a store close to me that gets classic Rock Magazine...is it likely they will also have fanpacks and or just the magazine itself?

That would be cool.

QUOTE (druid13 @ Apr 12 2012, 08:57 AM)

Also there is a store close to me that gets classic Rock Magazine...is it likely they will also have fanpacks and or just the magazine itself?

That would be cool.

It's a UK magazine, so if your local bookstore carries imports, they might have it. Many Barnes & Nobles that I've been to have a decent selection of imports.

I paid $54 in US dollars, including shipping, for two fan packs. So, roundabout $27 each. If you order now, you can get it at that price, if you wait a while, you can pick one of mine up on eBay for as much as I can get for it wink.gif biggrin.gif

Rush Backstage is always awesome!

Now, I've never actually ordered a new release from there...so I don't know whether it would really be quicker. They state that they ship it on release day.

But, I can tell you that I've ordered alot from them, and I've never waited longer than 2 days for any order from them...always very dependable.

But...the best way to get it on time...go to the store on June 12! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 12 2012, 11:37 AM)
But...the best way to get it on time...go to the store on June 12! biggrin.gif

yes.gif

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Apr 12 2012, 09:22 AM)
thepiratebay.org

Hey now!!! bitchslap.gif

No cheating!!! rage.gif

Well I usually buy the albums anyway. Everything leaks to the torrent sites early these days. Impossible to avoid. S&A leaked although if I remember that was just 3 days before release. Maybe just 2, not sure. I didnt even download it early but I saw it up there before release.

If I download an album early from a band I care about like Rush I still purchase the CD anyway. Not to support them honestly because most of the album sales go to the record company, not the band. They make their money touring. I actually just buy it anyway for the insert with the lyrics.

Unlike Napster who had music illegally on their own servers, using torrent sites is not illegal since there's no central server holding any music on it. Thats why sites like pirate bay cant be taken down. Its been around for many years. Its not cheating if it isnt illegal! smile.gif

QUOTE (druid13 @ Apr 12 2012, 07:57 AM)

That would be cool.

Checked my credit card this am and it was $26.86

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 12 2012, 10:56 AM)
QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Apr 12 2012, 09:22 AM)
thepiratebay.org

Hey now!!! bitchslap.gif

No cheating!!! rage.gif

Well I usually buy the albums anyway. Everything leaks to the torrent sites early these days. Impossible to avoid. S&A leaked although if I remember that was just 3 days before release. Maybe just 2, not sure. I didnt even download it early but I saw it up there before release.

If I download an album early from a band I care about like Rush I still purchase the CD anyway. Not to support them honestly because most of the album sales go to the record company, not the band. They make their money touring. I actually just buy it anyway for the insert with the lyrics.

Unlike Napster who had music illegally on their own servers, using torrent sites is not illegal since there's no central server holding any music on it. Thats why sites like pirate bay cant be taken down. Its been around for many years. Its not cheating if it isnt illegal! smile.gif

Don't fool yourself, it's still illegal.

I ordered the Cleveland DVD from the rush backstage club and I got mine a day early! So I'm going to get CA from there too. And just for the heck of it I bought the fan pack too. So I'm hoping I'll get it a day early too!!!!!

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 12 2012, 11:46 AM)
That's certainly the only assurance.

trink39.gif

I know my ass will be at Best Buy when they open. I'm not so reliant on my mail carrier or our system, for that matter.

^THIS!

I will be at Best Buy at opening time. Amazon is pretty good with getting it to you on release day, but there are so many variables that the only way to guarantee that your not sitting there scanning the internet or having to buy the digital download is to walk into a store and buy it.

Plus, it's fun when you run into a fellow RUSH fan doing the same thing!

So anyone who lives in the Akron, Ohio area, first off, I'm sorry. But secondly, you will see me on June 12th about 20 mins before BB opens sitting in my car waiting.

UNLESS...

And here is the best tip of all:

If you have a small privately owned record store in you area...not a lot around anymore, go there on June 9 and look around, maybe buy something, then ask "will you have the new RUSH CD on June 12th?" If he/she says yes, say "you would be my personal hero if there was anyway I could get a copy a day early!" More times than not you will end up with a copy the day before.

Amazon. They've always delivered on time for me. Amazon is probably one of the greatest inventions in the internet realm. Always excellent service.

Best Buy I don't just at all. I've had lots of problems from them in the past, and in my opinion I don't think they would deliver on time.

But we'll see I guess.

Hey everybody, think twice about sticking with Best Buy as your Rush-CA source.

Best Buy just today - April 14th, 2012 - announced the closing of 6 Chicago area stores. They're part of 50 stores nationwide to close.

These stores will close for good May 12th, 2012:

Addison - 1038 N. Rohlwing Rd.

87th & Dan Ryan - 8900 S. Lafayette Ave.

Deerfield - 200 S. Waukegan Rd.

Matteson - 4707 Lincoln Mall Dr.

Mundelein - 1100 N. U.S. Route 83

West Dundee - 979 W. Main St.

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Best-...l#ixzz1s3DuP45T

I think everyone will want to check your own area concerning whether your local Best Buy is going to be around on June 12th.

Oh, and I'm thinking I'll check Walmart.

The Walmart in Vernon Hills, Illinois, had "Snakes & Arrows" stocked the Friday before it's official date of release. I remember being totally shocked to see it there.

And I've never understood how Best Buy could be allowed to call itself that. It was NEVER the place to get a best buy. Talk about false advertising to the extreme.

Edited by Geddyleegenes