Preorder or buy on sight?

Motorshooter

For those who are afraid of getting it late you could always order from Amazon and if it doesnt arrive on time you simply request a refund and send it back once it does arrive.

Might save you time and/or money.

Personally I've never done a pre-order from Amazon but I have read many people stating they get them friday/saturday before the actual release.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 11 2012, 02:46 PM)
For those who are afraid of getting it late you could always order from Amazon and if it doesnt arrive on time you simply request a refund and send it back once it does arrive.

Personally I've never done a pre-order from Amazon but I have read many people stating they get them friday/saturday before the actual release.

* with Prime or 2 day shipping

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 11 2012, 02:46 PM)

Some people get them late too...even with the paid-extra guarantee.

bekloppt.gif

With all this pre-order special version nonsense that we've been hearing already, and by "nonsense" I mean marketing genius, it is pretty tough for a real fan to get the best stacked version that they want and also have it the day the album drops in stores.

That being said I will probably pre-order the most compelling "bonus features" sort of package that I can find, but in the meantime... yep... download that baby the second that it gets leaked.

I did the fan pak preorder from UK $27.10 USD for a magazine CD and poster. Will also buy on the day of release at Best Buy and sell a copy which ever comes first from UK or at Best buy

pretty cheesed off they forcin me to purchase the uk fan pack to be honest... i mean if i dont, then i'll have to endure a two week wait and they know thats difficult..... yeah i pretty cheesed off with that marketing ploy, reminds me of callofduty mw3 where elite members get the dlc's weeks before everyone else forcing us to get elite membership......... something stinks when you apply that to rush and their devoted uk fans

nevermind smile.gif

I'm waiting to see if there's a vinyl edition offered. If not, I'll go with the UK package and just wait it out. I'm sure the songs will be up on YouTube in the meantime. If there is vinyl, I have to decide whether to go for the UK package or order the CD with the vinyl (but I think I'll get the UK package). Maybe I'd get the vinyl by release day, and use that to tide me over until the UK package arrives. Edited by 1 of the 7

I'll probable pre-order the fan pack and then download a leak the day of or sometime before the release date. Then I only have to buy once, but I still get to hear the whole thing on June 12th. smile.gif

Vinyl, baby! If it is later release, I will buy it from itunes. If there is no vinyl release, I will buy it day of...I hope there is a vinyl release.

as well as being unhappy at being forced to pay for a fan pack or wait a couple weeks, i'm also a bit unsure at rush being sold in the uk as a classic rock package, like they a bunch of old timers from a bygone era..... rush are still on the cutting edge they never retired they'll never make a comeback, and even if most of their albums from the 70's -80's are definitely classic in one sense of the word i wouldnt imply in any way by packaging them as classic that they exist or come from a somewhat bygone era

i mean wtf are they packaging this modern and totally relevant band under the classic thing anyway there's no need just sell the album to the kids without that overtone shit

ffs just sell us the album why do we have to buy it under classic rock or wait two freakin weeks

honestly, a lot of us have patiently waited more than two years for this and still we get pissed on smile.gif