CA Track Listing & 30s Preview Clip

Snaked

HOOOOLLLLYYYY COW!!!!! So glad I stayed up late tonight!!!! Very intrigued with the track list, and that sample!!!! X-tremely aggressive!! SO FRIGGIN PUMPED!!!!!

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gahhh this is the first new Rush we've heard in years!!!!! Holy cowwwwwwwwwwwwww I can hardly contain my excitement I'm like a giddy schoolgirl cheer.gif common001.gif 653.gif cheer.gif common001.gif 653.gif

QUOTE (Sin City @ Apr 11 2012, 02:15 AM)
Sounds a bit like parts of Fear of a Blank Planet by Porcupine Tree. Could be a good thing!

...that is a real concept, isn't it? Not a suite plus single songs, as Rush did in the '70s... CA is a real suite... no doubt, in my opinion, they're going to play live the whole thing smile.gif

I wonder how the song "Carnies" fits in....

Does the Watchmaker stop in at Adventureland?

http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Galleries/Movies/A_F/Aa_Ah/Adventureland/crops/adventureland07.jpg

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ Apr 11 2012, 03:21 AM)

http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Galleries/Movies/A_F/Aa_Ah/Adventureland/crops/adventureland07.jpg

Rush will return this summer with "Clockwork Angels," the iconic prog-rock band revealed on Wednesday. The new album, due June 12, will be the trio's first studio effort since 2007's "Snakes & Arrows" and their debut for Anthem/Roadrunner Records.

For the new set, the band turned again to "Snakes & Arrows" co-producer Nick Raskulinecz and recorded in Nashville and Toronto. The conceptual set will trace a protagonist's journey through a world of steampunk, alchemy and an exotic carnival; drummer and lyricist Neil Peart is also penning a novelization of the album with prolific author Kevin J. Anderson.

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 11 2012, 02:25 AM)
QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ Apr 11 2012, 03:21 AM)

Rush will return this summer with "Clockwork Angels," the iconic prog-rock band revealed on Wednesday. The new album, due June 12, will be the trio's first studio effort since 2007's "Snakes & Arrows" and their debut for Anthem/Roadrunner Records.

For the new set, the band turned again to "Snakes & Arrows" co-producer Nick Raskulinecz and recorded in Nashville and Toronto. The conceptual set will trace a protagonist's journey through a world of steampunk, alchemy and an exotic carnival; drummer and lyricist Neil Peart is also penning a novelization of the album with prolific author Kevin J. Anderson.

doh.gif Guess I need to learn to read!

trink39.gif Thanks for the tip!

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ Apr 11 2012, 02:21 AM)

Carnies? There's been a song out there for two years called Caravan... tongue.gif biggrin.gif

I'm thinking the last several notes, that Final Flourish, got tacked onto the clip from the END of the song.

QUOTE (Alchemical @ Apr 11 2012, 02:42 AM)
HOLY SHITE IT SOUNDS AMAZING! 2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

But.. June 12th? Ugh, two more weeks of waiting.

Not digging the album art either... angry.gif

it's neverending mate

I see the cover as a menacing entity... the clock that enslave our lives... all the other images are good for songs, but the cover need a menace, as 2112... and the clock pointing at 21:12 is a tongue-in-cheek wink.gif

preferred the sidewalk image to be honest much classier but the signals reference probably precluded it as main cover art, all you can say about the clock is bold, direct, striking and to the point...... cant say it completely blows my socks off but there's a clear singular message in there

like a headlong flight straight into a fiery furnace of hell or something smile.gif

Edited by lifeson90

QUOTE (Alexmai @ Apr 11 2012, 05:29 PM)
I see the cover as a menacing entity... the clock that enslave our lives... all the other images are good for songs, but the cover need a menace, as 2112... and the clock pointing at 21:12 is a tongue-in-cheek wink.gif

Seems like they should've put the clock at 20:12. But I don't care either way really...just want some good tunes. smile.gif

I can't listen:( For some reason Adobe flash won't install on my computer right now. When I saw the track list and the BU2B2 and Headlong Flight tracks towards the end the first thing I thought is........son of a gun.......they made the whole record a concept. Edited by presto123