Tour info/rumors from RIAB

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 10 2012, 01:59 PM)
Yay more useless news from RIAB. So we already knew they were planning a fall tour. Pretty sure most of us knew they wouldn't be playing outdoor shows in the fall/winter. >_>

And yeah those are public interviews that they did about the orchestra. I cant stand that site. They rarely post anything that isnt a rumor or common knowledge already.

Wow, I couldn't disagree more. He's the best source of Rush information (including the band) around. He was the first to share information about CA artwork and about the listening party for radio execs.

Useless news ? For anyone who values their time, its an awesome site.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (anchorman @ Apr 10 2012, 02:54 PM)
I'm happy with the Indoor shows. Better climate control and the stage show and lighting looks a lot better.

As for the Orchestra, I don't think they are necessary. There's only two songs I can think of that an Orchestra could compliment: Marathon and Losing It.

That's it. Other than that, its a waste. Unless there are songs on CA that would sound good.

You never know, maybe there is alot of Orchestration in CA? Regardless, I don't really care, they can do what ever makes them happy, cause seeing them live makes me happy!

smile.gif

The orchestra connection, from something that was said two years ago, is a bit of a stretch. Wouldnt put any stake in that.

...and if by some chance they do some dates with an orchestra, I sure as heck wouldnt pay to see that... confused13.gif

Edited by greg2112

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 10 2012, 03:00 PM)
I'm happy with the Indoor shows.  Better climate control and the stage show and lighting looks a lot better.

As for the Orchestra, I don't think they are necessary.  There's only two songs I can think of that an Orchestra could compliment:  Marathon and Losing It.

That's it.  Other than that, its a waste.  Unless there are songs on CA that would sound good.

You never know, maybe there is alot of Orchestration in CA? Regardless, I don't really care, they can do what ever makes them happy, cause seeing them live makes me happy!

smile.gif

you've been watching too much bob ross. tongue.gif

1. I saw Page and Plant with an orchestra, and it f*ckin' rocked! No reason why it couldn't work for Rush if done right. And Geddy wouldn't have to play keys at all, if he didn't want to!

2. I am sick of seeing them outdoors on oppressively hot summer nights when it's still light out, so all indoors is good news to me.

3. All indoors BECAUSE of an orchestra doesn't make sense to me, because orchestras play out doors all the damn time. I think interpreting a desire to play indoor shows as meaning they'll be with an orchestra is reaching a bit.

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 10 2012, 02:59 PM)
Yay more useless news from RIAB. So we already knew they were planning a fall tour. Pretty sure most of us knew they wouldn't be playing outdoor shows in the fall/winter. >_>

And yeah those are public interviews that they did about the orchestra. I cant stand that site. They rarely post anything that isnt a rumor or common knowledge already.

I'll never understand this attitude towards RIAB. Ed isn't attempting to pass off any of this info as fact. Unless otherwise stated, he's clearly stating that the rumors are just that -- rumors. He hears these rumors from sources who have fed him info in the past, and all he's doing is passing them along for your consideration. It's up to you to speculate on their validity, or to blow them off if you want. He's just a messenger, and he isn't claiming otherwise.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 10 2012, 03:08 PM)
if i want to see an orchestra i'll go to lincoln center but this is rock and roll and i want rush, not rush and tuxedos in the backround.

Rush---Live with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra. cool10.gif

I'm happy with the Indoor shows. Better climate control and the stage show and lighting looks a lot better.

As for the Orchestra, I don't think they are necessary. There's only two songs I can think of that an Orchestra could compliment: Marathon and Losing It.

That's it. Other than that, its a waste. Unless there are songs on CA that would sound good.

Marathon and Losing It? How about Manhattan Project. The strings in that ARE actually live orchestra.

For those of you that want this , keep in mind how much tickets will be.

Everyone bitched about the price last year and that was about $125-140 for the floor. Do you know how much it takes to ship all these extra people and gear around the u.s. ? You are looking at almost $200 for the floor. Not me

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Apr 10 2012, 02:57 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 10 2012, 12:55 PM)
I don't like it.

I just want to see Rush as the normal 3-piece. That's it.

i agree. hope it's just a rumor.

Amen

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 10 2012, 03:13 PM)
Everyone bitched about the price last year and that was about $125-140 for the floor. Do you know how much it takes to ship all these extra people and gear around the u.s. ? You are looking at almost $200 for the floor. Not me

goodpost.gif

Thats not it at all They will forward the music to every date and use a local Symphony! it will cost them $10,000 -$15,000 tops per show if that!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I doubt they would bring an orchestra with them. Usually in these situations, the orchestra they play with is a local one for each venue.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 10 2012, 03:18 PM)
Everyone bitched about the price last year and that was about $125-140 for the floor. Do you know how much it takes to ship all these extra people and gear around the u.s. ? You are looking at almost $200 for the floor.  Not me

Thats not it at all They will forward the music to every date and use a local Symphony! it will cost them $10,000 -$15,000 tops per show if that!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

You really think they would do that? wacko.gif

they would have to practice with every orchestra to make sure they are on the same page. Knowing the perfectionists Rush are, this would never work.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 10 2012, 04:13 PM)

Yep...great point.

Prices will indeed go through the roof.

Like I said, just the 3 guys on stage doing what they do is really all I care to pay for.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 10 2012, 03:18 PM)
Everyone bitched about the price last year and that was about $125-140 for the floor. Do you know how much it takes to ship all these extra people and gear around the u.s. ? You are looking at almost $200 for the floor.  Not me

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

If that is the case , who is paying the extra $20,000 ? We are

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 10 2012, 04:08 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 10 2012, 02:59 PM)

I'll never understand this attitude towards RIAB. Ed isn't attempting to pass off any of this info as fact. Unless otherwise stated, he's clearly stating that the rumors are just that -- rumors. He hears these rumors from sources who have fed him info in the past, and all he's doing is passing them along for your consideration. It's up to you to speculate on their validity, or to blow them off if you want. He's just a messenger, and he isn't claiming otherwise.

Yeah, it's crazy.

The guy has a great website. Big deal if things aren't always accurate!

He uses the term "rumor" all through his website. Nothing is set in stone. Like 73 said, he's simply the messenger.

One thing is for sure...RIAB is a much better source than Rush.com. I go to RIAB more than I ever will to Rush.com.

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Apr 10 2012, 03:20 PM)

I doubt they would bring an orchestra with them. Usually in these situations, the orchestra they play with is a local one for each venue.

Metallica and a few others brought the same people with them

This has absolutely nothing to do with CA. RIAB LOVES attention so they post this crap all the time. That interview Geddy gave was just talking about something brought up to him, something he wouldnt mind trying if they had the chance, and Geddy said in the interview it hasnt worked out.

Dont know what anyone is getting fired up about. They arent Metallica. They arent doing a massive tour with a huge orchestra. If they did it wouldnt be in support of a new album. It doesnt make any sense to drag an orchestra around the country for the CA tour. If they were to do it, it would be some sort of filler tour after CA is history.

Edited by trenken