Tour info/rumors from RIAB

http://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2012/04/10...ur-rumor-update

hmmm...not sure what to think about this. While I strongly prefer indoor shows to outdoors shows, the "orchestra" bit is...intriguing.

Of course, this is all to be taken with a HUGE grain of salt, but sure to spur discussion nonetheless.

- TMD

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they do an orchestra, please not for more than 3 or 4 songs.

I think my last 4 or so Rush shows have all been in the 'sheds' so indoors would be a nice change of pace as long as there is still tailgating.

Rush does symphonic metal 1022.gif

Maybe some Nightwish covers? Classic Tarja-era?

Yay more useless news from RIAB. So we already knew they were planning a fall tour. Pretty sure most of us knew they wouldn't be playing outdoor shows in the fall/winter. >_>

And yeah those are public interviews that they did about the orchestra. I cant stand that site. They rarely post anything that isnt a rumor or common knowledge already.

Edited by trenken

QUOTE (trenken @ Apr 10 2012, 01:59 PM)
Yay more useless news from RIAB. So we already knew they were planning a fall tour. Pretty sure most of us knew they wouldn't be playing outdoor shows in the fall/winter. >_>

And yeah those are public interviews that they did about the orchestra. I cant stand that site. They rarely post anything that isnt a rumor or common knowledge already.

I hope you're right - because if it's true, it's terrible news.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 10 2012, 02:04 PM)
Apparently they're going to do a two-year stint in Vegas supporting Tom Jones.

Seriously - why not have Geddy and Elton John playing dueling pianos??

terrible idea - cmon Rush

I'm guessing they are NOT playing with a symphony.

My guess is that they are starting the first set with all of clockwork angels, (or at least the suite), so they need it to be completely dark, hence the switch to solely indoor venues.

QUOTE (eshine @ Apr 10 2012, 02:02 PM)

+1

c'mon rush with an orchestra? wtf.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 10 2012, 02:18 PM)
QUOTE (eshine @ Apr 10 2012, 02:02 PM)

+1

c'mon rush with an orchestra? wtf.gif

Why not, many bands have played with an Orchestra. Dream theater, Metallica, Yes, the Moody Blues, ELP, why not RUSH?

In think it would be cool! It just once, And if by any chance your in the orchestra/ Choir and you love RUSH, then you can say you actually performed on stage with RUSH!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k

I dont know what to think of the symphony rumor if its true. Most bands who do shows with a symphony come off sounding lame and ... I dont know, watered down. The music doesn't have the same punch. So ... hm. I dunno. I would still go see them, but I dont think it would be the same.

On the other hand, maybe its not for the whole show? Its possible they could be planning something like that for one segment of the show only ... like maybe on Signals?? You know, "Losing It" has that electric violin... maybe they are planning a symphonic Signals?? Now, if they do that, just for that album... I think I could tolerate it more. But for a whole show??

Or maybe its not for Signals, but for stuff like Xanadu, La Villa Strangiato ... the "epic" stuff?

But honestly, if I found out that the entire concert was being done with a symphony I would probably be less enthused. In fact, I think it would definitely lessen the experience. Yea, I would be disappointed for sure.

I'm happy with the Indoor shows. Better climate control and the stage show and lighting looks a lot better.

As for the Orchestra, I don't think they are necessary. There's only two songs I can think of that an Orchestra could compliment: Marathon and Losing It.

That's it. Other than that, its a waste. Unless there are songs on CA that would sound good.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 10 2012, 12:55 PM)
I don't like it.

I just want to see Rush as the normal 3-piece. That's it.

i agree. hope it's just a rumor.

QUOTE (wilb1972 @ Apr 10 2012, 02:51 PM)
I dont know what to think of the symphony rumor if its true. Most bands who do shows with a symphony come off sounding lame and ... I dont know, watered down. The music doesn't have the same punch. So ... hm. I dunno. I would still go see them, but I dont think it would be the same.

On the other hand, maybe its not for the whole show? Its possible they could be planning something like that for one segment of the show only ... like maybe on Signals?? You know, "Losing It" has that electric violin... maybe they are planning a symphonic Signals?? Now, if they do that, just for that album... I think I could tolerate it more. But for a whole show??
Or maybe its not for Signals, but for stuff like Xanadu, La Villa Strangiato ... the "epic" stuff?

But honestly, if I found out that the entire concert was being done with a symphony I would probably be less enthused. In fact, I think it would definitely lessen the experience. Yea, I would be disappointed for sure.

I'm losing it about the possibility of finally hearing Losing It! They can also throw in:

Marathon, Tears, Bravado, Territories, Mission, Endless possibilites!

I can see Neil incorporating Timpani sounds into his solo already! Accented by a Real Horn Section!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k

First set: all classic Rush, 3-piece. The songs we all know and love. Second set: all of Clockwork Angels with an orchestra.

Encore: Tom Sawyer, Limelight, or some other A-list Rush tune, with the orchestra.

I'm calling it now. Place your bets.

(and I think it's a terrible idea. Rock bands with orchestras... no. Just no.)