How "Progressive" Will Clockwork Angels be.

The Owl

Will Clockwork Angels be a Prog Rock album? on a scale from 0 to 10 rate the progressive nature of this album..  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Will Clockwork Angels be a Prog Rock album? on a scale from 0 to 10 rate the progressive nature of this album..

• 0. (Not at all, it will be all short pop-rock drivel)
    • 1. (Ill be happy if I see a song over 5 mintues)
    • 2. (I don't expect it to be any more prog than newer Asia)
    • 3. (There Might be an odd time signature or two)
    • 4. ( There will be some instrument diversity in the songs, along with option #3)
    • 5. (Most songs will range from 6-10 minutes along with options #3 and #4)
    • 6. ( We will get one decent 10+ minute track with the rest falling with options 3,4, and 5)
    • 7. (One Multi-part 15+ minute epic, and the rest falling in line with options 3,4,and 5)
    • 8. (Fully Fledged Prog album, no songs shorter than 7 minutes including the one epic, instrument diversity, and time signature changes rampant through album)
    • 9. (Full Prog pretention is ON, possibly a double album, fully conceptual in nature, along with that specified in option #8)
    • 10 (Rush will release a conceptual double album, all songs will be over 15 minute epics, and Geddy will sing in a fabricated language)
    • .....Can I Haz Metal? :huh:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 14 2012, 01:36 PM)
the fact that the songs are very long, all i ask is that the music flows easily and not drags on like the way the wind blows. i got shoulder and neck soreness when they played that tune on tour. i usually only get that when a storm is coming.

The Way The Wind Blows is a very cool Rush song with a great flow and beautiful chorus.

What is with all this over the top hatred for this album? I dont get it.

As for the "progressive" question - based on what we have heard, this will be a progressive hard rock album that will include tips of the hat to their past while sounding exactly like current Rush and nothing at all like 80's Rush.