Losing It

losingit2k

How will they perform Losing It if they play it on the CA tour?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. How will they perform Losing It if they play it on the CA tour?

• Alex triggers all Violin Parts on Pedals
    • Ben Mink makes a guest appearance on stage
    • Geddy and Alex perform it as an Acoustic piece like Resist
    • They will never play it

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 7 2012, 10:44 PM)
I don't think they'll ever play it. sad.gif

I'd love to hear it.

Me Too. Its my favorite RUSH song, and I was starting to give up hope of ever hearing it Live. Then they posted that Tour Book Cover and .... OMG!

All those feelings for hearing the song live came RUSHing back into me!

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Edited by losingit2k

They could always have Alex take over the violin parts and adapt them to lead guitar. That would be a great experiment.....why not? Even then, it's still a downer of a song. I don't think they'll ever play it live.

I'd love to see Mink and I'd be fine with any of the three triggering it.. Either of those would be beautiful.

That said I think an accoustic rendition is more plausible/likely.

If they do play it, they could use a "guest" violinist from a local symphony. They announce tour dates far enough in advance that a professional musician would have plenty of time to work out the arrangement and could practice "live" with the band during soundcheck the day of the show. Piece of cake.

QUOTE (toonz @ Apr 8 2012, 07:57 AM)
If they do play it, they could use a "guest" violinist from a local symphony. They announce tour dates far enough in advance that a professional musician would have plenty of time to work out the arrangement and could practice "live" with the band during soundcheck the day of the show. Piece of cake.

A Professional Violinist wouldn't capture the emotion and fell that Ben Mink borought to that song! What he did was just brilliant!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 8 2012, 08:10 AM)

A Professional Violinist wouldn't capture the emotion and fell that Ben Mink borought to that song! What he did was just brilliant!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Really, you don't think that a professional violinist could capture the same emotion?

While I love the tune and rank it among my favorites from the band, I don't see them playing it. I would love to hear it even without the violin.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Apr 8 2012, 01:15 PM)

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Really, you don't think that a professional violinist could capture the same emotion?

While I love the tune and rank it among my favorites from the band, I don't see them playing it. I would love to hear it even without the violin.

Maybe at the beginning, but not at the Lead part jam at the end! It loses all its feel if your reading notes!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I disagree. Having been to the symphony several times, I'd argue that all of the musicians evoke extreme emotion from their playing. So you're saying that everytime Rush plays on stage, they are capturing the same emotion of the original recording? Don't think so.

QUOTE (toonz @ Apr 8 2012, 05:31 PM)

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I disagree. Having been to the symphony several times, I'd argue that all of the musicians evoke extreme emotion from their playing. So you're saying that everytime Rush plays on stage, they are capturing the same emotion of the original recording? Don't think so.

For the record I perform with an Orchestra twice if not 3 times a year, I've sang with Bocelli during his last two Valentine Concerts in South Florida. I'm not saying they don't play with emotion, I'm just saying they won't capture the same feeling that the creator of the piece can capture. So, No thats not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is no-one can play Paganini better than Paganini, NoOne can play RUSH better than RUSH, No-one can play Ben Mink's part in Signals better than Ben Mink himself. That's what I'm Saying.

I'm sure that even after 200+ years that Mozart can still conduct Mozart better than anyone that has come after. He wrote it, he knows exactly how the dynamics should be, he knows how the phrasing should be, He knows what the actual tempo of a piece is. Everything else is pretty much speculation. Regardless, of its noted on the Score. Its all a matter of perception. A Pianissimo to someone may be a Mezzo Piano to someone else. And the writters perception, I Feel is more acurate than any other persons doing the same piece. I feel Alex can play the lead in Limelight better than anyone else. He knows the phrasing, he knows exactly what it should sound like, If he plays it like that or not is his personal decision. And I do agree after 30 years maybe even Ben Mink can't reproduce his effort exactly, But I feel he would be the one that could come closest to it!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I want it but it's not gonna happen

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 8 2012, 08:08 PM)
QUOTE (toonz @ Apr 8 2012, 05:31 PM)

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

For the record I perform with an Orchestra twice if not 3 times a year, I've sang with Bocelli during his last two Valentine Concerts in South Florida. I'm not saying they don't play with emotion, I'm just saying they won't capture the same feeling that the creator of the piece can capture. So, No thats not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is no-one can play Paganini better than Paganini, NoOne can play RUSH better than RUSH, No-one can play Ben Mink's part in Signals better than Ben Mink himself. That's what I'm Saying.

I'm sure that even after 200+ years that Mozart can still conduct Mozart better than anyone that has come after. He wrote it, he knows exactly how the dynamics should be, he knows how the phrasing should be, He knows what the actual tempo of a piece is. Everything else is pretty much speculation. Regardless, of its noted on the Score. Its all a matter of perception. A Pianissimo to someone may be a Mezzo Piano to someone else. And the writters perception, I Feel is more acurate than any other persons doing the same piece. I feel Alex can play the lead in Limelight better than anyone else. He knows the phrasing, he knows exactly what it should sound like, If he plays it like that or not is his personal decision. And I do agree after 30 years maybe even Ben Mink can't reproduce his effort exactly, But I feel he would be the one that could come closest to it!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Understood. If they play it, I would prefer it be played "live" rather than a sample.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 8 2012, 02:00 PM)
QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Apr 8 2012, 01:15 PM)

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Maybe at the beginning, but not at the Lead part jam at the end! It loses all its feel if your reading notes!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I think I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you. Professionals would read through the music enough beforehand that they would understand how it goes with the band. I'm sure that they would generate enough feel. Most of these guys study for years and play 10 hours a day. No offense to Mink, but I think it could be handled well with enough emotion.

That being said, Alex does a fantastic job playing the outro to Witch Hunt which was originally a bass solo. He could easily tackle the solo in Losing It. With all of the triggers they use, it would be great...maybe even better.

Still, though I rate this as my favorite song off my second favorite Rush album I doubt that they will play it. I would love to eat my words.