Sad Confession

Merely Space

So, I've been enjoying the anticipation of the new album, but I've got it under control. I'm so cool, not at all torqued about it. Or so I thought.

Yesterday evening I went to do a quick internet drive-by of RIAB, just to see if anything new had been posted. I couldn't connect to the server.

Oh ho, I thought. Something big has been posted, everybody is checking it out, and Ed's server can't handle it. Try again. No luck. It must be the new single. Somebody's leaked some or all of Headlong Flight! Try again. Try again. Try again. AAARRGGH! Everybody's listening to new Rush but me!!!

When RIAB came back up an eternal 5- 10 minutes later, there was nothing new. It was just down for whatever reason.

So much for my cool, calm, control.

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Apr 6 2012, 09:38 AM)
So, I've been enjoying the anticipation of the new album, but I've got it under control. I'm so cool, not at all torqued about it. Or so I thought.

Yesterday evening I went to do a quick internet drive-by of RIAB, just to see if anything new had been posted. I couldn't connect to the server.

Oh ho, I thought. Something big has been posted, everybody is checking it out, and Ed's server can't handle it. Try again. No luck. It must be the new single. Somebody's leaked some or all of Headlong Flight! Try again. Try again. Try again. AAARRGGH! Everybody's listening to new Rush but me!!!

When RIAB came back up an eternal 5- 10 minutes later, there was nothing new. It was just down for whatever reason.

rofl3.gif applaudit.gif goodpost.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Apr 6 2012, 08:38 AM)

That's pretty funny comp26.gif

Yeah, well I'm so tired of waiting for something new I made a clock. Well, "made" may not be the right word. Okay, I "improved" an existing clock. (This is awesome and you won't be able to convince me otherwise.)

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/5121/rushtime.jpg

Now, in my office, it's always time for Rush . . .

QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Apr 6 2012, 01:07 PM)
Yeah, well I'm so tired of waiting for something new I made a clock. Well, "made" may not be the right word. Okay, I "improved" an existing clock. (This is awesome and you won't be able to convince me otherwise.)

Holy wall clocks Batman!

I'm jealous!!

Thats is really cool If you have another I'd buy it!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Wow.

You win.

I agree. You win.

And I thought **I** was a Rush geek when I saw them in concert and grabbed a complete stranger during "Caravan" as he walked by me to go get a beer. I yelled;

"Don't go now! You'll miss the drum solo!!"

Yes. I said this to a complete stranger.

Clem

QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Apr 6 2012, 02:07 PM)

ohmy.gif

That's amazing!

Nicely done! To be honest I'm surprised Rush didn't do a limited run of the clock on the singles album cover. I would have bought one if they had it (mind you, I would also want the pattern surrounding the clock to be present in the form of laser etched glass, but I would be willing to pay).

QUOTE (hammerofthor @ Apr 6 2012, 12:42 PM)
The same thing happened to me. As a 45 year old man with many responsibilities, I am relishing and embracing my geekhood with this album.

Exactly...

...my wife keeps asking,

"How old are you again?"

Very funny, thanks for the "Sad Confessions" everyone.

~RGLT

QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Apr 6 2012, 07:07 PM)

Wow! That's great! Well done! applaudit.gif

QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Apr 6 2012, 02:07 PM)

WIN.

I haven't been this excited for a new studio Rush album since Snakes and Arrows!

tongue.gif

I'll be honest here. My interest in the band has waned over the last few years. It was at an apex in 2007 when S&A came out and then that tour started. I had not seen them live since 1994, so it was a long time coming. When the 2008 tour rolled around, I was still interested, but had been listening to a lot of Porcupine Tree, and was beginning my major shift into the blues with SRV.

The years 2009 and 2010 were spent in the blues. SRV dominated 2009, and I discovered Joe Bonamassa in 2010. These years were also lost years for me on a personal level. Most all of the music I listened to leading up to this got buried.

I saw the Time Machine Tour in September, 2010. But even as we drove to the concert, it was the first Black Country Communion album we were listening to on the way to the show (it had come in the mail that day.)

Last year, 2011, was a long, tough, strange year of transition. I was slowly emerging from the Hell of the previous two years, but still with a lot of bumps in the road and the occasional breakdown here and there.

This year finally feels different. The worst is behind me, and for the first time in a long time I am not only listening to Rush again, I am also really excited for this new album.

So while I missed RIAB being down, I'm sure I probably would have been feeling the same way as the OP.

It's 2007 again in my soul.

And it's good to be back.

Okay. I have to go find a clock this weekend. Thrift shops, here I come!

And, yeah, I'm so freaking excited for this album I can hardly stand it!!! http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/laserspray/internet%20stuff/smilies/_chairdance__by_Link3Kokiri.gif

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Apr 6 2012, 02:38 PM)

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Apr 6 2012, 07:07 PM)
Yeah, well I'm so tired of waiting for something new I made a clock.  Well, "made" may not be the right word. Okay, I "improved" an existing clock.  (This is awesome and you won't be able to convince me otherwise.)

If I had a clock like this, I'm pretty sure it'd be 2.gif time all the time, too!

QUOTE (Dylan2712 @ Apr 6 2012, 08:14 PM)
in regards to the clock; now all you have to do is modify one of those clock do-hickies that makes it chime a different tune every hour. laugh.gif

You know, they make those birthday cards with the little sound things in them. They have one that you can record your own message, too. Some of the clock works you can buy have a chime feature. It wouldn't be that hard to record a rush snippet, like the intro to Limelight or something, and replace the chime with that. Ha!

Now that I think about it, my grandmother had this bird clock that chirped a different tune on each hour. I bet you could modify something like that!