Can Rush really pull this off?

GeminiRising79

I can't recall one popular rock group who's been able to release a "twilight"album that hasn't been the embodiment of crap. From what I've heard thus far, despite my criticisms, my excitement is, surprisingly, becoming aroused. Can this be the album I've been pineing for, for over a decade?

Anyone else, critics especially, experiencing positive intuition here?

Edited by GeminiRising79

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Apr 6 2012, 08:28 AM)
Can this be the album I've been pineing for, for over a decade?

NO. You'll just invent another reason to slam it.

I think it will be just fine

I'm sure that there will be some fantastic moments and there will be some skip-able material as well. I am just pleased that after 29 years of listening to Rush I can still get excited over a new release. When GUP came out, I criticized the keys. When PW came out, I criticized MP and the keys, When HYF came out...I could go on. I look back at those albums fondly and can understand and even appreciate the aspects I may not have enjoyed when they came out. Hell, maybe someday I can appreciate Superconductor...No, maybe not.

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Apr 6 2012, 08:45 AM)

Perceived-as-negative poster makes optimistic/positive post about Rush and is slammed for it. Guess I'd better not change, lol.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Apr 6 2012, 09:08 AM)
I'm sure that there will be some fantastic moments and there will be some skip-able material as well. I am just pleased that after 29 years of listening to Rush I can still get excited over a new release. When GUP came out, I criticized the keys. When PW came out, I criticized MP and the keys, When HYF came out...I could go on. I look back at those albums fondly and can understand and even appreciate the aspects I may not have enjoyed when they came out. Hell, maybe someday I can appreciate Superconductor...No, maybe not.

I absolutely loved p/g. It was so relevant to that time period. 80s modernism as expressed by Rush! Yes, I'm drinking happy juice, btw. (coffee)

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Apr 6 2012, 09:29 AM)

Perceived-as-negative poster makes optimistic/positive post about Rush and is slammed for it. Guess I'd better not change, lol.

Percieved-as-negitive? laugh.gif Confirmed-as-troll more like it. You changing would require more than just one non-hate filled Rush thread per year.

But to stay on topic, a similar thread was recently around and a few excellent examples were given, like Abbey Road.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Apr 6 2012, 09:29 AM)

I didn't slam you at all. I gave a valid and reasonable prediction of how you will react to the new album. The prediction was based on the countless number of negative, hostile, and even pathological posts you've made about Rush's music.

I can't recall one popular rock group who's been able to release a "twilight"album that hasn't been the embodiment of crap. From what I've heard thus far, despite my criticisms, my excitement is, surprisingly, becoming aroused. Can this be the album I've been pineing for, for over a decade?

Dream Theater's latest album is pretty f***ing awesome man, it's possible biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 6 2012, 08:55 AM)
i have my doubts based on hearing caravan and bu2b but hoping they can squeeze out a few more good ones.

I think both of those songs kick ass.

If CA is anything like those, this album is going to be so good. smile.gif

Give me more of S&A and less of VT and I will be very happy.

QUOTE (Finding IT @ Apr 6 2012, 10:52 AM)
I can't recall one popular rock group who's been able to release a "twilight"album that hasn't been the embodiment of crap.  From what I've heard thus far, despite my criticisms, my excitement is, surprisingly, becoming aroused.  Can this be the album I've been pineing for, for over a decade? 

Give me more of S&A and less of VT and I will be very happy.

...and give me more of VT and way (way) less of S&A and I will be very happy

"pining", not "pineing"

It's possible this will be one of the best "twilight" albums in modern rock history. You likely will slam it even if 99.5% of the people here love it. But hey dude, maybe I'll be wrong. confused13.gif

BTW, my happy juice has a head on it trink39.gif though I LOVE coffee too.

Whatever Rush turn out, it will never be as pitiful as the last offering from AC/DC. It was like they shoved all of their past stuff into a blender, pureed it, and then poured it into moulds before leaving to set - pathetic - I could pretty-much predict a given chord-change even though I had never heard the song in question.

Regarding our fine guys: I am really optimistic. They never repeat themselves, that is a given, so there is always hope that there is plenty more rocket sauce in the bottle.

QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Apr 6 2012, 12:34 PM)
BTW, my happy juice has a head on it trink39.gif though I LOVE coffee too.

Ok, I took that comment so, so wrongly. I was thoroughly taken aback until I realized you were, in fact, referring to beer. Which makes a little more sense.

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Apr 6 2012, 09:45 AM)

And as usual, he'll slam it in the wrong forum. laugh.gif

Topic moved to CA...

QUOTE (Undemanding Contact @ Apr 6 2012, 11:17 AM)
Whatever Rush turn out, it will never be as pitiful as the last offering from AC/DC. It was like they shoved all of their past stuff into a blender, pureed it, and then poured it into moulds before leaving to set - pathetic - I could pretty-much predict a given chord-change even though I had never heard the song in question.

They've been doing that since their first album. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Undemanding Contact @ Apr 6 2012, 01:17 PM)

Regarding our fine guys: I am really optimistic. They never repeat themselves, that is a given, so there is always hope that there is plenty more rocket sauce in the bottle.

That's why people listen to AC/DC though, if they did what you wanted they wouldn't be AC/DC anymore and they'd piss all their fans off and be less successful...

Why did you expect anything else from them after nearly 40 years? There's plenty of bands out there that provide multiple chord changes, why don't you follow them instead and forget about AC/DC?

cool.gif

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Apr 6 2012, 09:03 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 6 2012, 08:55 AM)
hoping they can squeeze out a few more good ones.

Hopefully that will be over a bigger bowl, lol

you mean larger bowl, right?

<3 <3 <3 !!!!TEAM EDWARD!!!! <3 <3 <3

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Oh wait.. did I read that wrong? I thought you were saying that Rush was making the soundtrack for the final Twilight film...

Well this is awkward..

bolt.gif

Who kidnapped GeminiRising and posted a semi-positive thread with his computer?

Both The Cars and Duran Duran put out records last summer that I would put up against their classic stuff. I say it's a good sign.

Edited by presto123