A Camel Subforum

I wish they would update the site already... it looks like it was made in the nineties haha. Also they haven't updated the tour page since 2003. But I'm hoping the "news coming soon" thing means there actually is some big news coming soon, but we'll just have to see...

here is the link:

Camel Website

Edited by GangsterOnBoats

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Apr 13 2012, 10:20 PM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Apr 13 2012, 07:58 PM)
I got Moonmadness in the mail today. Holy shit, its good. Chord Change, Song Within a Song, and Lunar Sea are my favorites. I don't know why it took me so long to get it. Now I'm waiting for Nude to arrive. It should be here tomorrow or early next week.

smile.gif

It's good ain't it? The happiness of Song within a Song is contagious! So cheesy but somehow so uplifting that it doesn't sound cheesy at all tongue.gif

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Apr 17 2012, 08:54 AM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Apr 13 2012, 10:20 PM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Apr 13 2012, 07:58 PM)
I got Moonmadness in the mail today. Holy shit, its good. Chord Change, Song Within a Song, and Lunar Sea are my favorites. I don't know why it took me so long to get it. Now I'm waiting for Nude to arrive. It should be here tomorrow or early next week.

smile.gif

It's good ain't it? The happiness of Song within a Song is contagious! So cheesy but somehow so uplifting that it doesn't sound cheesy at all tongue.gif

I never thought that song within a song was super happy sounding, apart from the ending synth solo, although the lyrics are a bit lullabye-ish

I saw this video today Camel- Echoes and it made me realize that unlike other progressive or classic rock bands, they didn't slow down or get worse at playing; if anything, they got better as they went. Even an old song like Echoes, while it was superb on the record, becomes even better live on the Farewell Tour. Such a great band

Check out "Camel - A Live Record" if you get a chance.

Absolutely brilliant full length performance of "The Snow Goose" together with some of their other classics like Lunar Sea, Never Let Go and Lady Fantasy

QUOTE (GangsterOnBoats @ Apr 20 2012, 08:49 AM)
I saw this video today Camel- Echoes and it made me realize that unlike other progressive or classic rock bands, they didn't slow down or get worse at playing; if anything, they got better as they went. Even an old song like Echoes, while it was superb on the record, becomes even better live on the Farewell Tour. Such a great band

yes.gif My favorite version of that song wub.gif

QUOTE (I know i'm going bald @ Apr 20 2012, 12:24 PM)
Check out "Camel - A Live Record" if you get a chance.

Absolutely brilliant full length performance of "The Snow Goose" together with some of their other classics like Lunar Sea, Never Let Go and Lady Fantasy

Yes, I think that's one of the best live performances of the Snow Goose suite, especially with the addition of an orchestra. The song selection for the first record is great too. It's amazing how they culled together five different performances from separate tours and still the album as a whole sounds so tight from beginning to end.

I also found a "live" version of "City Life" , the opening track from Nude. I put "live" in quotes because it honestly doesn't sound live and it might have been a promo with a backing track for tv stations? Anybody have any insight?

Here's the link:

Camel- City Life

Update: I just read this on the Wikipedia for "The Old Grey Whistle Test" (which is what the performance is from):

"Many viewers assumed the bands were always playing live. However, due to technical issues during the show's early years, and the need to ensure performances were controlled, the bands often recorded the instrumental tracks the day before. The vocals were then performed live, "99 per cent" of the time. However, after 1973, the show changed to an entirely-live paradigm."

So, perhaps it is live, considering this is from 81, I presume.

QUOTE (The K Man @ Apr 14 2012, 01:20 AM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Apr 13 2012, 06:58 PM)

Air Born and Another Night are my favorites, and I love the dreariness of the short Spirit of the Water. Man, Moonmadness is so awesome. cool.gif

I'm listening to Moonmadness and I just realized how great The Spirit of the Water is. I love the haunting, gloomy vibe.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Apr 30 2012, 07:09 PM)

Air Born and Another Night are my favorites, and I love the dreariness of the short Spirit of the Water. Man, Moonmadness is so awesome. cool.gif

I'm listening to Moonmadness and I just realized how great The Spirit of the Water is. I love the haunting, gloomy vibe.

Amazing album, ridiculously good.

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Apr 30 2012, 07:11 PM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Apr 30 2012, 07:09 PM)

Amazing album, ridiculously good.

The first time I realized how great "Spirit of the Water" is, was when they played it on the Farewell Tour in tribute to Peter Bardens. Beautiful.

QUOTE (Imaginos @ Jul 13 2012, 09:49 AM)
I only have these 4 albums...

"Camel"
"Moon Madness"
"The Snow Goose"
"Rain Dances"

(my wife has "A Live Record")

...what should I get next?

Mirage is excellent. My favorite.

Never even heard of this band, but let me make the 43rd post in the, "Camel sub forum"

because Camel is too big for just a thread, they need a sub forum! 1022.gif 1287.gif

QUOTE (Imaginos @ Jul 13 2012, 06:49 AM)
I only have these 4 albums...

"Camel"
"Moon Madness"
"The Snow Goose"
"Rain Dances"

(my wife has "A Live Record")

...what should I get next?

Mirage for sure.

QUOTE (Tick @ Jul 18 2012, 04:58 AM)
Never even heard of this band, but let me make the 43rd post in the, "Camel sub forum"

because Camel is too big for just a thread, they need a sub forum! 1022.gif 1287.gif

Sorry guys, No Camel sub forum, not gonna happen.

Good band though, and I smoke their cigarettes everyday. cool.gif

According to Camelproductions... a newletter will be released soon :D Hopefully Andy Latimer is feeling better :yes:

And this new shirt:

http://camelproductions.com/images/guitarshirt.gif

:haz: :haz:

According to Camelproductions... a newletter will be released soon :D Hopefully Andy Latimer is feeling better :yes:

And this new shirt:

That shirt rules! I have spent a ton of money at Camel Productions!

What I used to love about it is that every cd or dvd you would to buy on there Andrew would sign it!

I would buy two copies of each back in the day.

Yep I'm sick! But I love it!

CAMEL RULES!

Good man Tommy! Thanks for the heads-up, I love the shirt. Heading to the music room, going to play me some Breathless. Criminally under-valued band.

:haz: And Breathless is a criminally underrated album! Summer Lightning rules! Echoes is one of my favorite songs ever! :cheers: :haz:

And this new shirt:

That shirt rules! I have spent a ton of money at Camel Productions!

What I used to love about it is that every cd or dvd you would to buy on there Andrew would sign it!

I would buy two copies of each back in the day.

Yep I'm sick! But I love it!

CAMEL RULES!

:haz:

:cheers:

Signed,

The White Rider :haz: