2:00 minute Edit of Headlong Flight

losingit2k

Wow, some people got really unreasonably upset by this thread IMHO! ohmy.gif

The one thing that bugged me was the RIAB Rolling Stone cover. Even though I knew it was likely a fake, I still got excited by the possibility of it. I was annoyed, yes, but had to acknowledge how well they pulled off the ruse.

Anyway, no need to ban LosingIt or tell him to go f*ck himself for playing a prank - he was just having some fun - in a week or so we'll all hear the song and it will all be moot.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 4 2012, 09:51 PM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Apr 4 2012, 09:44 PM)
Can we have the mods lock threads like this?

Yeah lets just throw creativity out the window hand in hand with the first amandment as well!

bitchslap.gif

1) There is nothing creative about this thread, there have been a dozen others like it posted on the forum in the last few days.

2) The mods are free to lock any thread they want. You agreed to this in the TOS when you registered.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 5 2012, 02:19 AM)

The one thing that bugged me was the RIAB Rolling Stone cover. Even though I knew it was likely a fake, I still got excited by the possibility of it. I was annoyed, yes, but had to acknowledge how well they pulled off the ruse.

Anyway, no need to ban LosingIt or tell him to go f*ck himself for playing a prank - he was just having some fun - in a week or so we'll all hear the song and it will all be moot.

You are right, people are up in arms. I really didn't expect to much negitivity! People have become really irate at the whole thing. I really surprised , Rush fans are usually really pacific and laid back but the response I've received has been really frightning, not just here but you should see what people have written on Youtube. I think peole got so annoyed because of the situation that Roadrunner Records has placed us in. They are handing us crumbs off the table! They are making us run through the internet searching for the smallest scrap of info, like mice in a maze searching for that illusive cheese. Anyway thanks for the sentiment goober, you're all class!

hug2.gif

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Apr 5 2012, 05:15 AM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 4 2012, 09:51 PM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Apr 4 2012, 09:44 PM)
Can we have the mods lock threads like this?

Yeah lets just throw creativity out the window hand in hand with the first amandment as well!

bitchslap.gif

1) There is nothing creative about this thread, there have been a dozen others like it posted on the forum in the last few days.

2) The mods are free to lock any thread they want. You agreed to this in the TOS when you registered.

This is strating too sound alot like! WITCH HUNT!

yes.gif

to address your comments:

and you probably fell for all of them.

The mods know who the real trolls are here! Now calm down and have some milk!

cat.gif

Edited by losingit2k

Off with his head! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Apr 5 2012, 09:13 AM)
There are clearly enough people upset about these threads that maybe you should think twice from now on before posting them, unless you just love the attention (which is all this really is).

I think you like the attention!l I have a ready made my peace with you and moved on! Yet you keep coming back for more!

beathorse.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (PumpkinHead @ Apr 5 2012, 07:27 AM)

The one thing that bugged me was the RIAB Rolling Stone cover.  Even though I knew it was likely a fake, I still got excited by the possibility of it.  I was annoyed, yes, but had to acknowledge how well they pulled off the ruse.

Off with his head! tongue.gif

Yeah Off with his head!

1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif

um?

bolt.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

The thing that gave it away for me about the fake Rolling Stone Cover was "Rush has appeared on literally hundreds of magazine covers". Now, have you ever seen Rush on a magazine cover before? I'd imagine there might be a handful of them over the years, but "hundreds" yeah right wink.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 5 2012, 05:21 AM)

The one thing that bugged me was the RIAB Rolling Stone cover.  Even though I knew it was likely a fake, I still got excited by the possibility of it.  I was annoyed, yes, but had to acknowledge how well they pulled off the ruse.

You are right, people are up in arms. I really didn't expect to much negitivity! People have become really irate at the whole thing. I really surprised , Rush fans are usually really pacific and laid back but the response I've received has been really frightning, not just here but you should see what people have written on Youtube. I think peole got so annoyed because of the situation that Roadrunner Records has placed us in. They are handing us crumbs off the table! They are making us run through the internet searching for the smallest scrap of info, like mice in a maze searching for that illusive cheese. Anyway thanks for the sentiment goober, you're all class!

hug2.gif

The joke was funny the first time, it was a chuckle the second time, now we're past the fifth and sixth and enough is enough. The sheer number of prank threads vs all other recent threads makes it hard to guess if there is any actual news circulating the forum. If you had been the first to post this, sure haha, it's funny.

I thought it was pretty good! I can see where it would upset those who are frothing at the mouth in anticipation of hearing the new song. Still, I liked what you did. I'm in the middle of making a slide show video to that really long Rush Medley I made a few years ago, and all I could think of when I clicked the link was... f**k! I've been trumped! laugh.gif

From the 'mod hat' perspective, nothing is worse for a forum than a page full of bogus threads. Dents the credibility. You understand.

trink39.gif

P.S. - I thought the youtube comments were hilarious. My favorite was... "Go take a headlong flight off a short pier."

Update from RIAB

UPDATE - 4/5@1:38PM: Here are some of DJ_Carter's comments regarding the radio-edit of Headlong Flight that he listened to:

... The opening chords sound almost EXACTLY like a heavier version of Bastille Day. ... There's some Bastille Day rhythms, a more raw guitar tone that sounds less polished and more Hemispheres-y, an absolutely bone-shattering drum break in the middle that sounds like a modern version of Neil's break in By-Tor, and some really audible and fun shifts in the structure of the song, a la the transitions in Natural Science. If I had to encapsulate the sound in just a few words, it would be Caress of Steel crossed with Vapor Trails. Headlong Flight doesn't feel as heavy as BU2B; it's very much Vapor Trails-y, but with much more tasty bass. Truly, the bass in this song is killer. I think we can count on seeing a lot more of the Leave That Thing Alone live solo stuff on this record. ... One thing that was really encouraging about this track was the fact that Neil's drumming was very fast in certain places. BU2B was ... heavy but plodding, not challenging or rhythmically complex. Headlong Flight is totally different. This is Neil at his best, and the break I mentioned earlier feels like his classic fills. There is indeed a guitar solo, towards the end of the track. But it's a solo in the sense that Alex's solo from Caravan was a solo. He's shredding, no doubt about it, but it isn't like a Freewill type of shredding that has a pattern and a resolution. Very frenetic and exciting, though! ...

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Apr 5 2012, 02:09 PM)
Update from RIAB

UPDATE - 4/5@1:38PM: Here are some of DJ_Carter's comments regarding the radio-edit of Headlong Flight that he listened to:

... The opening chords sound almost EXACTLY like a heavier version of Bastille Day. ... There's some Bastille Day rhythms, a more raw guitar tone that sounds less polished and more Hemispheres-y, an absolutely bone-shattering drum break in the middle that sounds like a modern version of Neil's break in By-Tor, and some really audible and fun shifts in the structure of the song, a la the transitions in Natural Science. If I had to encapsulate the sound in just a few words, it would be Caress of Steel crossed with Vapor Trails. Headlong Flight doesn't feel as heavy as BU2B; it's very much Vapor Trails-y, but with much more tasty bass. Truly, the bass in this song is killer. I think we can count on seeing a lot more of the Leave That Thing Alone live solo stuff on this record. ... One thing that was really encouraging about this track was the fact that Neil's drumming was very fast in certain places. BU2B was ... heavy but plodding, not challenging or rhythmically complex. Headlong Flight is totally different. This is Neil at his best, and the break I mentioned earlier feels like his classic fills. There is indeed a guitar solo, towards the end of the track. But it's a solo in the sense that Alex's solo from Caravan was a solo. He's shredding, no doubt about it, but it isn't like a Freewill type of shredding that has a pattern and a resolution. Very frenetic and exciting, though! ...

Goobs...don't look! tongue.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 5 2012, 01:12 PM)
QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Apr 5 2012, 02:09 PM)
Update from RIAB

Goobs...don't look! tongue.gif

Doesn't goobs love CoS though? Holy conflict! tongue.gif