Where's the 1-minute tease

GeddyRulz

QUOTE (druid13 @ Apr 10 2012, 11:54 AM)
Gene Simmons same old s*it every time he talks...never seen anyone who can only show one egomaniacal side so much every time he puts on the makeup...

I agree I think the Press Corp was 2 reporters and their pet dog on a leash.

Look I used to love KISS and saw them inthe heyday January 1978...it never got any better and certainly got worse after that...I can't believe they are still going with makeup and two guys (although BETTER players) who were not original members. ..its sad.

Maybe they are hurting for cash ....in the 1970s they blew through more bad deals and money than anyone could imagine...read the Book "KISS and Sell"....outlines how they had warehouse full of order and checks never cashed for Kiss Army stuff....I can remember ordering s*it and never getting it...then complaining...then getting something I NEVER ordered....now I know WHY that happened all the time.

Simmonds is a GOOF pokey.gif , oh by the way Gene, nice shoepolish rofl3.gif

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (druid13 @ Apr 10 2012, 10:54 AM)
Gene Simmons same old s*it every time he talks...never seen anyone who can only show one egomaniacal side so much every time he puts on the makeup...

I agree I think the Press Corp was 2 reporters and their pet dog on a leash.

Look I used to love KISS and saw them inthe heyday January 1978...it never got any better and certainly got worse after that...I can't believe they are still going with makeup and two guys (although BETTER players) who were not original members. ..its sad.

Maybe they are hurting for cash ....in the 1970s they blew through more bad deals and money than anyone could imagine...read the Book "KISS and Sell"....outlines how they had warehouse full of order and checks never cashed for Kiss Army stuff....I can remember ordering s*it and never getting it...then complaining...then getting something I NEVER ordered....now I know WHY that happened all the time.

Well, maybe it's because I've always considered myself a casual fan of Kiss that I've never had that feeling of being burned by them in any way. I accept their egos as just part of the deal and Gene is so over the top that it's just part of the fun for me like David Lee Roth (Well, back when they allowed DLR to actually speak). But it really is funny thinking about the guys in Rush and Kiss spending so much time together and getting along so well. Totally different people.

I'm pretty darn sure they aren't hurting for money (especially Gene), but it's true that a lot of times artists are either not as rich as you would expect or maybe were rich but lost it all. There are certainly cases of tons of celebrities, even the biggest like Michael Jackson, being totally broke. I would have guessed in the mid 80s than Eddie Van Halen would have been enormously rich but in Hagar's recent book he described in detail the money problems Van Halen had when he joined in 1986. In the recent VH viral interviews Eddie and Dave talked about how their producer Ted Templeman still makes more money off of each record sale than either of them do and when they came home after touring for a year after their debut in 1978 they were told it was platinum and they still owed the record company 2 million dollars.

So who knows, maybe they need money. But it's their career so I don't see making money as a bad thing like so many fans do. Almost no bands ever do, and the few who do usually wait decades to get to that point. Good for them. I wouldn't go to work if I didn't get paid.

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Apr 10 2012, 10:33 AM)
I'm sure KISS and Motley Crue can each fill arenas so I'm not sure what the benefit is to touring together.

KISS can... but not Motley Crue. Not these days. If Crue went on the road, headlining with a minor act in support, it would be a pretty big failure, IMO. As a support act, they're fine, as we're seeing with KISS, but as headliners... they'd need to put together something like the tours Poison has been doing with 3-4 other acts from that era.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 10 2012, 11:16 AM)
I'm sure KISS and Motley Crue can each fill arenas so I'm not sure what the benefit is to touring together.

KISS can... but not Motley Crue. Not these days. If Crue went on the road, headlining with a minor act in support, it would be a pretty big failure, IMO. As a support act, they're fine, as we're seeing with KISS, but as headliners... they'd need to put together something like the tours Poison has been doing with 3-4 other acts from that era.

Well, I'd have to look up the year but I think it was 2008 I saw them in San Antonio headlining their own version of Ozzfest called Cruefest. They played the same large outdoor arena that Rush and other major bands play there and it was basically full except for a few thin areas on the lawn. That's not that long ago.

Here go to 16:57 on the Cruefest dvd to see the crowd in Toronto, that's exactly what it looked like when I saw them. It was packed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdSuX1x5OjU&feature=relmfu

Their support bands were: Buckcherry, Papa Roach, Sixx:A.M., and Trapt. Not exactly a bunch of their contemporaries.

Edited by snowdog2112

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 10 2012, 11:21 AM)
came across kiss on dancing with the stars last night. are they hurting for money or something?  confused13.gif

They haven't been the same since appearing on Kids Are People Too in 1980 and on SOLID GOLD to promote The Elder, of all things, in 1981. biggrin.gif

Any press is good press if you're Gene Simmons.

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Apr 10 2012, 11:33 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 10 2012, 10:21 AM)
came across kiss on dancing with the stars last night. are they hurting for money or something?  confused13.gif

I'm sure they're not hurting but I just watched this press conference - (without the 20 minutes of silence) as it says - and maybe it was the way it was mic'd but I swear I think there were more people on stage than press in the seats. I'm sure KISS and Motley Crue can each fill arenas so I'm not sure what the benefit is to touring together. Certainly an interesting press conference if a little awkward at times. Ok, very awkward. I certainly didn't need to hear Gene Simmons tell me about Tommy Lee's cock coming at me in 3-D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wF8uaNcH54

gene simmons is a real class act. sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Apr 10 2012, 11:23 AM)

Well, I'd have to look up the year but I think it was 2008 I saw them in San Antonio headlining their own version of Ozzfest called Cruefest. They played the same large outdoor arena that Rush and other major bands play there and it was basically full except for a few thin areas on the lawn. That's not that long ago.

Here go to 16:57 on the Cruefest dvd to see the crowd in Toronto, that's exactly what it looked like when I saw them. It was packed.

Their support bands were: Buckcherry, Papa Roach, Sixx:A.M., and Trapt. Not exactly a bunch of their contemporaries.

You're absolutely right, and I was wrong to say it had to be their contemporaries. But they do need to put together a festival-style tour if they're going to headline. That's really what I was getting at more than anything.

Great point, though - thanks for that.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 10 2012, 11:53 AM)
QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Apr 10 2012, 11:23 AM)

You're absolutely right, and I was wrong to say it had to be their contemporaries. But they do need to put together a festival-style tour if they're going to headline. That's really what I was getting at more than anything.

Great point, though - thanks for that.

Fair enough, I've always been a casual fan of theirs but that time in 2008 is the only time I've actually seen them live so that's all I had to go by. But no question that most other bands of their relative stature like Def Leppard, Poison, Ratt, etc. band together for tours so they might too in most circumstances.

Edited by snowdog2112

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Apr 10 2012, 10:00 AM)
QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Apr 10 2012, 08:55 AM)
So we're supposed to be get some sort of preview tomorrow?
Is it worth staying up til midnight checking every Rush related website?

Well, here's what we know. We may hear something today. Or maybe tomorrow. Or maybe not until the 19th. But even that isn't confirmed in any official way.

So, do what you want with that information or lack thereof. I'm going to keep checking RIAB every 15 minutes until something happens whether it's today or 3 weeks from now because I'm a nutcase. smile.gif

Hey snowdog! I see you are in Austin! I'm near Killeen. From one Rush nutcase to another, do I know you? Should I??? 1022.gif

QUOTE (safetygirl2112 @ Apr 10 2012, 12:38 PM)

Well, here's what we know. We may hear something today. Or maybe tomorrow. Or maybe not until the 19th. But even that isn't confirmed in any official way.

So, do what you want with that information or lack thereof. I'm going to keep checking RIAB every 15 minutes until something happens whether it's today or 3 weeks from now because I'm a nutcase. smile.gif

Hey snowdog! I see you are in Austin! I'm near Killeen. From one Rush nutcase to another, do I know you? Should I??? 1022.gif

An update from Ed at RIAB!

Yay for indoor venues! But WTF, a symphony?

Partial, go to RIAB for all of it:

On that note, the latest rumor regarding the tour is that the band has moved all of their outdoor late summer and early fall tour dates from outdoor venues to indoor venues. I've been reporting for some time now that Rush would be playing a September 13th date at the Klipsch Music Center in Noblesville, IN, but that no longer seems to be the case. Reader Doug F has season tickets at the venue and was recently informed by their sales staff that Rush would instead be playing at Bankers Life Fieldhouse due to them moving all of their outdoor shows to indoor venues. The rumored reasoning behind this decision is that they will be playing with a symphony!? I had also been hearing of a September 9th date in Bristow, VA at Jiffy Lube which I presume has also been moved. There was also a planned date at the Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh, PA on September 11th which presumably would still be in place. And I just recently received information that they'd be playing at the United Center in Chicago on September 15th. The move from outdoor to indoor seems reasonable and makes sense since no summer dates are planned, so the big question mark here is the rumor regarding Rush playing with a symphony. Whereas this sounds fairly far-fetched on the surface, both Geddy Lee and Neil Peart have expressed interest in doing exactly this in recent interviews.

By the way safetygirl, I need to update that. I moved from Austin a couple years ago back to my home town in east Texas. Loved Austin though and I'll move back before long! smile.gif Are you "double-agent" from RIAB? I think I remember she is in Killeen.

Edited by snowdog2112

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Apr 10 2012, 01:40 PM)

On that note, the latest rumor regarding the tour is that the band has moved all of their outdoor late summer and early fall tour dates from outdoor venues to indoor venues. I've been reporting for some time now that Rush would be playing a September 13th date at the Klipsch Music Center in Noblesville, IN, but that no longer seems to be the case. Reader Doug F has season tickets at the venue and was recently informed by their sales staff that Rush would instead be playing at Bankers Life Fieldhouse due to them moving all of their outdoor shows to indoor venues. The rumored reasoning behind this decision is that they will be playing with a symphony!? I had also been hearing of a September 9th date in Bristow, VA at Jiffy Lube which I presume has also been moved. There was also a planned date at the Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh, PA on September 11th which presumably would still be in place. And I just recently received information that they'd be playing at the United Center in Chicago on September 15th. The move from outdoor to indoor seems reasonable and makes sense since no summer dates are planned, so the big question mark here is the rumor regarding Rush playing with a symphony. Whereas this sounds fairly far-fetched on the surface, both Geddy Lee and Neil Peart have expressed interest in doing exactly this in recent interviews.

By the way safetygirl, I need to update that. I moved from Austin a couple years ago back to my home town in east Texas. Loved Austin though and I'll move back before long! smile.gif Are you "double-agent" from RIAB? I think I remember she is in Killeen.

Yup, that's me! Are you snowdog2113 over at RIAB? We'll have to hook up for a Texas Rush concert or three! 2.gif

QUOTE (safetygirl2112 @ Apr 10 2012, 12:48 PM)
QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Apr 10 2012, 01:40 PM)

Yup, that's me! Are you snowdog2113 over at RIAB? We'll have to hook up for a Texas Rush concert or three! 2.gif

That's me! When I signed up over there snowdog2112 was already apparently taken and snowdog2113 was the next best thing. laugh.gif

Yeah, that would be great. I've still got some friends in Austin and go down there here and there. The last time I saw Rush in Austin was in 2008 at the Erwin Center and I would have gone in 2011 but one of my friends had moved out to L.A. so I went out there to see him around the same time and we saw Rush together there instead. But I try to go see Rush in San Antonio, Dallas, and Houston whenever they tour. Let's just touch base every once in a while and when we get tourdates maybe we can meet at a show. I'd love to meet more of the fans on these forums in person so it's not like I'm just talking to imaginary people here. laugh.gif East Texas is not exactly a hotbed of Rush fandom.