Ok Let's Get the Prediction Gloves off! Where will

treeduck

Where will Clockwork Angels Rank in your RUSH studio album rankings  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Clockwork Angels Rank in your RUSH studio album rankings

• 1 Number 1 all the way baby, no really!!
    • 2 It'll be doing well to make the top 20 and there IS only 20!!
    • 3 Around 17 or 18 at best
    • 4 It's gonna shock me & shake up the world, TOP 5, I'm sexually excited!!
    • 5 Top 10 or thereabouts
    • 6 No. 20 down there with Feedback or Bottom Feed(er)back as I call it
    • 7 Top 3 right up there with Moving Pictures, PeW, 2112, AFTK etc
    • 8 Middle of the pack at best, around 12 or 13 and no better
    • 9 Not only rock bottom but clearly the worst album they've done by far!!
    • 10 A solid top 10 in my books!
    • 11 Number 7 exactly, how the FOCK do I know treeduck you dickhead!?
    • 12 Outside the top 15 maybe a little better than Snakes & Arrows

I said Top 10 - I'm thinking middle of the pack. The big question for me is whether the heaviness is going to work or turn me off - in BU2B, it works. All this talk about Caravan & BU2B changing and the whole thing sounding like modern rock is giving me pause, though. It's Rush, so it's got to sound like Rush, right? We'll see...

Absolutely the best album ever, not only by RUSH, but by any band in the history of this planet or any other!

CA will go Quadruple Platinum, in fact they will have to make a new category for it alltogether, and it will break every record (pun intended) in sales for every thing, not just music, but sales of any single item in the history of mankind!

You know how people say I need a Kleenex when they need a Tissue?

25 years from now people will be saying, I'm going to buy a Clockwork Angels when they are in their virtual pods about to purchase a 12 song group of music from one band! Clockwork Angels will just be synonomous with buying an album from anyone!

Or it could just be middle of the pack. tongue.gif

If the whole thing is of the quality and excitement of Caravan/BU2B, I can see it easily reaching the 8 to 10 level which for me would be incredible since in my opinion most of their albums are great or at least good. The standards they've set are so ridiculously high that it's hard to imagine it reaching top 5 status. I say that as an older fan though so I can admit a certain amount of bias probably comes into play. I'm certainly willing to keep an open mind about it however. I've got a good feeling that it'll be the best since Power Windows. Edited by Silas Lang

In my opinion, it will be different from everything they've done in the past (that is a good thing), charting at least #5 in Rush Absolute Chart smile.gif

Plus, I think the worst song on CA will be the best worst song in every Rush album: in some way, so, CA will be their best effort ever.

Edited by Alexmai

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 2 2012, 11:55 AM)
If we didn't have Caravan and BU2B to go on, I'd say it's impossible to tell... but I'm thinking top ten for me based on those two tracks.

^^ This

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Apr 2 2012, 08:16 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 2 2012, 03:10 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 2 2012, 03:19 PM)
My prediction is 50% of the people on trf will love it , the other 50% will bitch biggrin.gif

And the 50% that bitch will provide 90% of the posts. yes.gif

goodpost.gif

Fly By Night through Hold Your Fire are pretty untouchable for me, but CA may be a contender for best since HYF. If it beats the debut and HYF, that would make it #11.

As far as what OTHER TRF members will think: tongue.gif

Tony R will think it's shit.

GemniniRising won't like anything about it, and will consider it an epic cash grab (CD, DVD, novel, tour, etc).

Reflected Light won't like it and will skip the tour because there are too many CA songs.

Circumstantial Tree won't like it because of the religion theme.

Rushgoober will be bitterly dissapointed. Despite REALLY WANTING to like it, he'll only like 2-3 songs, won't like the religion theme, and will think it's too heavy.

Metaldad WILL like it, because it's going to be heavy.

Trenken won't like it because Ged's bass playing is just at his Moving Pictures level, not Percy Jones or Stu Hamm level.

(Just having fun with y'all.)

tongue.gif

laugh.gif

Awesome. You nailed Goobs reaction!

Number 1

Some of you may not like the thought of high expectations but honestly.. I'm so excited and I have confidence and really good feeling that this will be something really special.

Got to go #1 This is my first Rush release I've been waiting for. Also the first Concept album I've been waiting for. For me it'll be special!

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Apr 2 2012, 03:16 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 2 2012, 03:10 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 2 2012, 03:19 PM)
My prediction is 50% of the people on trf will love it , the other 50% will bitch biggrin.gif

And the 50% that bitch will provide 90% of the posts. yes.gif

goodpost.gif

Fly By Night through Hold Your Fire are pretty untouchable for me, but CA may be a contender for best since HYF. If it beats the debut and HYF, that would make it #11.

As far as what OTHER TRF members will think: tongue.gif

Tony R will think it's shit.

GemniniRising won't like anything about it, and will consider it an epic cash grab (CD, DVD, novel, tour, etc).

Reflected Light won't like it and will skip the tour because there are too many CA songs.

Circumstantial Tree won't like it because of the religion theme.

Rushgoober will be bitterly dissapointed. Despite REALLY WANTING to like it, he'll only like 2-3 songs, won't like the religion theme, and will think it's too heavy.

Metaldad WILL like it, because it's going to be heavy.

Trenken won't like it because Ged's bass playing is just at his Moving Pictures level, not Percy Jones or Stu Hamm level.

(Just having fun with y'all.)

tongue.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (BigBob @ Apr 3 2012, 11:57 AM)
Got to go #1 This is my first Rush release I've been waiting for. Also the first Concept album I've been waiting for. For me it'll be special!

Awesome!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 2 2012, 10:48 PM)
Right now my bottom five on the list are:

14. Snakes & Arrows
15. Presto
16. Roll the Bones
17. Test For Echo
18. Vapor Trails

There's a BIG HUGE gap between 14 and 15 for me, as I think Snakes & Arrows is really good, and I think Presto is mediocre.

Based on the first two tracks, which is really all I have to go by, I'm going to guess that CA will be #15 and will bump the bottom four each down a notch. I'd love to be wrong and have it be higher than #15, but time will tell...

You really don't like Vapor Trails? Why? Just curious...

QUOTE (goose @ Apr 5 2012, 11:15 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 2 2012, 10:48 PM)
Right now my bottom five on the list are:

14. Snakes & Arrows
15. Presto
16. Roll the Bones
17. Test For Echo
18. Vapor Trails

There's a BIG HUGE gap between 14 and 15 for me, as I think Snakes & Arrows is really good, and I think Presto is mediocre.

Based on the first two tracks, which is really all I have to go by, I'm going to guess that CA will be #15 and will bump the bottom four each down a notch.  I'd love to be wrong and have it be higher than #15, but time will tell...

You really don't like Vapor Trails? Why? Just curious...

He's forgotten by now, he last listened to it in 2003. But he's talked so much about it he could never go back on anything he's said, even if he ended up liking it...

It's kind of Goobers bone that he can't quite leave alone, I think he should be muzzled...

biggrin.gif

I really won't know until I hear it! However, I voted in the top 10 based on the first two releases! But now there's this description of it sounding like (COS & VT).... Pretty nightmarish!

no.gif 062802puke_prv.gif dazed025.gif no.gif

if the rest of the album same quality as bu2b id say possible top 5 (which is like totally awesome)

if the rest of the album same quality as caravan id say around top ten or thereabouts

if the rest of the album same quality as headlong flight it'll be same standard as s&a... alternating on mood swings between 10 and 20