Rush on the cover of Rolling Stone...

Phantom

Very well done, though, and made more realistic by the inclusion of some of the sh!t bands and pop singers so beloved of that expensive yet low quality source of toilet paper.

Totally hooked me; I even shared the RIAB link on my FB page. Written so seriously that it doesn't appear to be a joke... but today's date would indicate it is.

QUOTE (Chrysalii @ Apr 1 2012, 01:41 PM)
I just assume everything on the internet is a lie on April fools day.

I don't believe you

QUOTE (Phantom @ Apr 1 2012, 06:35 AM)
http://www.rushisaband.com

I'm going to go ahead and call this April Fool's.... Especially given that's on old photo....

wink.gif

Not to mention Cygnus X-1 and PW posted the same story on their Twitter feeds within a minute of each others story.

Kudos to all three for an orchestrated April fool for us all.

applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

Hi Phantom bekloppt.gif bekloppt.gif

If it is an April Fool's joke (highly likely), it's a particularly cruel one, if very well done. I was thinking I might have to buy my first issue of Rolling Stone magazine in decades! Oh, ok, I admit to buying one or two over the years at a yard sale for 10 or 25 cents, but buying a new one? Can't recall the last time that happened. Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 1 2012, 09:17 AM)
If it is an April Fool's joke (highly likely), it's a particularly cruel one, if very well done. I was thinking I might have to buy my first issue of Rolling Stone magazine in decades! Oh, ok, I admit to buying one or two over the years at a yard sale for 10 or 25 cents, but buying a new one? Can't recall the last time that happened.

Last one I bought was the one with "Rush Never Sleeps" inside.

Come to think of it, I've probably only bought about 2-3 issues in my entire life.

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Apr 1 2012, 09:33 AM)
At least it's not a link saying "Hear Headlong Flight here" that leads to a Rick Astley song.

Don't go giving people ideas laugh.gif

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Apr 1 2012, 12:47 PM)
QUOTE (Merely Space @ Apr 1 2012, 09:33 AM)
At least it's not a link saying "Hear Headlong Flight here" that leads to a Rick Astley song.

Don't go giving people ideas laugh.gif

Only an idiot would fall for that one. It's too obvious.

I'm thinken this is the foundation/corner stone for RS to except Rush in the HOF. RS cannot except Rush as a consideration because it has railed Rush for almost 40 years. Very hard to except a band that has NEVER made the cover of RS? By adding Rush to a RS cover opens the door for nominee status.

RS has taken some considerable heat for not even nominating Rush. When bands like Metalica and Guns-Roses are excepted into the hall it proves there is something seriously wrong in the RS system.

As far as RS in my opinion THEY CAN KISS MY ASS!

i ASSUMED it was an april fool's joke, but stupidly i came back today and instead of looking on TRF, i went straight to RIAB - i figured if it was a joke it would be removed, or it would say it was a joke, but no, it said as promised and then there was a link to the rolling stone site, with a ROLLING STONE URL no less, and naturally, i got rickrolled. DAMN!

seriously though, i know RS is garbage, just like i know the RRHOF is worthless, but still, it would be nice...