BU2B

Queslington

QUOTE (Queslington @ Mar 31 2012, 01:42 PM)
Since BU2B has been re-recorded for the album, I sure hope the boys change the official title to "Brought Up to Believe". Anyone else think 'BU2B' is kinda lame?

love the song, by the way

Not really. Kind of goes with the bands dedication to reflecting what's going on around them, and lots of bands are using shorthand for titles now.

Plus I also look at it like it has an alternate title this way, "Be You To Be".

Besides, Geddy was the one that suggested this title to Neil, so you'll have to take it up with him. tongue.gif

Since BU2B has been re-recorded for the album, I sure hope the boys change the official title to "Brought Up to Believe". Anyone else think 'BU2B' is kinda lame?

Yes. It's that text lingo shit I hate. What are Rush...Prince?? Sounds like something he'd do.

Love the song, though. Better than Caravan.

yes.gif

I think BU2B came from a studio shortening. When saving lots of recordings and takes, and writing out all the titles on whiteboards or whatever, you don't want to write "Brought Up to Believe" over and over, it may not even fit everywhere. BU2B was probably the shorthand for it, and Geddy thought it would be funny or clever to make that the title.

I have a feeling that on the album the track will be called Brought Up to Believe... Just a feeling.

QUOTE (trenken @ Mar 31 2012, 01:55 PM)

Not really. Kind of goes with the bands dedication to reflecting what's going on around them...

right

and we all know how "net boy, net girl" worked out...

eyesre4.gif

I hope they change it to Brought up to Believe on the actual album. Honestly, the name BU2B is something 2-bit pop artists do to attract the hipster crowd. I love the song but seeing the written title makes me twitch a little. It's the sad reality of my generation that was raised with computers and this terrible shorthand.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Apr 1 2012, 11:53 AM)
I hope they change it to Brought up to Believe on the actual album. Honestly, the name BU2B is something 2-bit pop artists do to attract the hipster crowd. I love the song but seeing the written title makes me twitch a little. It's the sad reality of my generation that was raised with computers and this terrible shorthand.

R U A H8R?

653.gif

Nah, you guys are all missing the point about the song title. They only called it "Brought Up to Believe" because they were throwing you a bone. For the full album release, they are keeping it as "BU2B" and dropping the parenthetical. But that's not all. I've got it on good authority that "Caravan" has been retitled "CARAV4N". Also, the news about "Headlong Flight"? Wrong. "HEDLONGFL1TELOL" is the full name of the album track.

Personally, I'm not looking forward to this album anymore.

And you know I'm telling the truth because April Fool's Day ended 3 minutes ago in my time zone. So there biggrin.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 2 2012, 12:56 AM)
It's just a song title so I don't care either way. If they changed the title Natural Science to NS, the actual musical & lyrical content wouldn't change so what does it matter?

Time after time we lose sight of the way

Of course it doesn't matter. But wouldn't it be silly if Natural Science was actually named Pappy's Poopy Diaper instead? Would that change the song? Nope. Same great song, but with a shitty title, pun ENTIRELY instended. biggrin.gif And I think that "text lingo" shit is just a way of dumbing it down or sounding like Prince. What's next for Rush, a song called C U 2nite, K? Wouldn't that make you throw up a bit in your mouth?

Song is most important, but that doesn't mean everything else means nothing.